Your choice with No.1?

Guest Schtacker

Your choice with No.1?  

203 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think our recent attempt's at drafting KPP's over recent years has been ordinary at best. Which is why I'd like to see us take Rich. I think we also need an elite mid fielder to compliment McLean, Morton, Jones etc.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think our recent attempt's at drafting KPP's over recent years has been ordinary at best. Which is why I'd like to see us take Rich. I think we also need an elite mid fielder to compliment McLean, Morton, Jones etc.

That's usually been down to a lack of quality available. Smith and Molan were speculative picks when we drafted them. Watt's is being touted as a legitimate no 1 pick on his performance and abilities. His actions are elevating his status, and it's not often that you get the chance to select a KPP who is quality. Their usually the ones that turn out to be a little bit special.

It says something that we did use up decent draft picks to select speculative big's over mids who were perceived to have greater talent.

Guest Schtacker
Jack Watts is a gun, yet so too is Naitanui

all i can say is that we should be worrying about the number 1 pick. Winning games like we did on the weekend against Brisbane gives the club a far better image..going into games to win them. Whether we get pick 1 or pick 3 we are going to get someone good..and there isnt a difference. It's all about teaching the kid what to do, and how to play AFL football, and bailey will do that.

my sentiments entirely actually

Guest Schtacker

grimes

Both Watts and NN have great potential and if they can continue to develope over the next few years they both have signs that they will be very good AFL players. Rich and Hurley are less risk you know exactly what you are getting, they don't as great developement potential as the other two but they will be good honest AFL footballers. They question is then do we draft Watts or NN and if they do reach their full potential they can be superstars of the comp or do we back Hurley and Rich they will be very good AFL footballers but may not reach that superstar status. This is where the priority pick would have been handy to get on of each.

We need Talls so IMO Rich is not an option for us. The other three you can mount a case for each of them but we need to take a risk and try to unearth a star. Key Forward Watts wins for me because we only have Miller at the moment our other forwards are more Flankers/Pocket then Key size.

I originally voted for Watts, but I'm now in the Natanui camp. I'm sure I'll change my mind several times before draft day. Natanui will go first, so if we beat the eagles in rd 20, we're gonna miss out.

I originally voted for Watts, but I'm now in the Natanui camp. I'm sure I'll change my mind several times before draft day. Natanui will go first, so if we beat the eagles in rd 20, we're gonna miss out.

I'm the opposite to you. I originally wanted Naitanui, but now having seen him live twice I'm firmly in the Watts camp. Watts will become the best key forward in the game, imo. There's a lot to like about Naita, but he's too raw for number 1 and lacks some footy nous.

Neitz is one of our greats, but he didn't have the talent of Watts. At 194cms he a beautiful mover, great when the ball hits the deck, a fantastic mark and very good kick. Now he may not end up as good as Neitz, but he's got more natural talent.

For me it's become a pretty easy decision.

drdrake made the most accurate view on the situation...

Ive watched 5 games now over the carnival and there is clearly two camps for the No 1 pick.

Rich and Hurley are ready made, rich s ability to find it and to hit lead up forwards will see him be a star,his dsposal by foot is cleanerthan virtually evyone on our list... whoever gets him will not be disappointed

Hurley may well be down the order in alot of peopls eyes but this kid could play Afl tomorrow and hod down a defensive postion wit ease. What i was really impressed with defensive skills aside was his quality run and disposal out of the back.. again

The next two Wattsand Nat are both real prospects, with the abiltity to be superstars of the comp, but they both have question marks.

I believe that Nat wil go No1, no one will want to be known as the club that passed him up if he does reach full potential... The problem is idont see a position for him for a no. of years. If you take him be prepared to be patient, his true value couldtake 5 years to show..

Watts probably has less question marks because as long as his body contnue to develop(he lacks power at this stage) he will be an outstanding Kpp for yea to come. He s agile, marks well, attacks th footy with real intent an more than anything there is no substitute for a bloke who at 194cm can kick like that. his kicking for goal is pure and with more strength he would be a special from anywhere inside 60.

In the end its all speculation til the ladder is decided, but of these four we are guaranteed one and i wont be disappinted with any.

Its a good draft, so much so that I think its a horses for courses draft:

MFC : 1/ Watts, 2/ Hurley, 3/ Rich, 4/ Hartlett, 5/ Natanui....basis us being able to land Warnock to cover our ruck needs.

Weagles: 1/ Rich, 2/ Natanui, 3/ Watts, 4/ Hartlett, 5/ Hurley

Shockers: 1/ Natanui, 2/ Rich, 3/ Hartlett, 4/ Watts, 5/ Hurley...basis they will want Ruck cover should Warnock leave.

Naitinui - Makes up for what he lacks in general football skill with his freakish body. Can be taught skills later.

Cornelius - Key position forward. Who I'd take with our second pick if we get Naitinui.