• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Robbo get off TV

Guest wheres_jacka

Guest wheres_jacka
this from the same board that continuously states that robbo never has 100% focus or commintment. the guys has been playing in bands the whole time he's been at the club. he doesn't miss training for this, so honestly, who cares.

yeah thats right, I was correct.

What is the difference between him doing this and say him completing a uni degree, or having business ventures. There is nothing wrong with any of these things. This TV business he is doing may help him in retirement. The players arn't at the club all day everyday. He has time off. Why not fill this time doing something he obviously loves, and can benefit his future.

Well said.

Don't see the connection between two dismissed reports, and his TV commitments. Clutching at straws here.

For the second time today, I agree.

I'm with you on this one Jacka - The evidence is there for everyone to see (2 citings in 2 weeks)

He doesn't have his mind 100% focused on footy, and it is showing

Nothing against players having a life outside of football, but as I said - there is more to this than meets the eye, and I feel it's contract related

So you're saying that being cited for non-incidents two weeks in a row shows that Robbo is not 100% focused on footy, and that that is a result of his commitment to the show?

Gees, the crap that gets posted on this forum never ceases to amaze me, and I've been here for about 6 years!

We have SO many problems that we have to deal with both on and off the field, and yet people want to nit-pick over something so irrelevant.

As Nasher said, storm in a teacup.

By the way, if you know what's going on behind the scenes and you have some sort of information, either post it, or don't make reference to it. If you're implying that Robbo's contract states that he is allowed to participate in media activities outside of the club, than that sound very reasonable to me. After all, the club was more than happy to trade him. It was Robbo who wanted to stay, so there is no way the club would have agreed to a contract they weren't pleased with.

So you're saying that being cited for non-incidents two weeks in a row shows that Robbo is not 100% focused on footy, and that that is a result of his commitment to the show?

Gees, the crap that gets posted on this forum never ceases to amaze me, and I've been here for about 6 years!

We have SO many problems that we have to deal with both on and off the field, and yet people want to nit-pick over something so irrelevant.

It won't be long until global warming is attributed to Robbo's involvement in this show :wacko:

I havent seen 1 second of this show, but I have no doubt he would be embarassing himself and the club

Anymore than the great Robbie Flower recording "Macho Man" and performing it on TV. I didn't know you were not allowed to be a media performer if you were a footballer.

No, you see....once again people putting a twist on what I say (adding words and interpretations)

I said that the evidence is there for everyone to see, that he isn't 100% focused

Life has a funny way of highlighting certain things, and Robbo being cited two weeks in a row is no exception - Whether you like it or not

And you would be exempt from this group Jaded? Just because something does not fit your reality or make sense to you - It's crap?

Did it ever occur to you that other people see your posts as crap? Everyone has a different view on things

Being experienced on Demonland gives you some sort of extra priveledge in term of commenting on the Melbournefc? Let's all bow down to the Moderators <_<

I bet I've followed the Dee's for longer than you. Does that give me extra rights?

That's his view, and there are plenty of people that see it otherwise. Gee I forgot....another Moderator....he must have privileges too.

By the way, if you know what's going on behind the scenes and you have some sort of information, either post it, or don't make reference to it. If you're implying that Robbo's contract states that he is allowed to participate in media activities outside of the club, than that sound very reasonable to me. After all, the club was more than happy to trade him. It was Robbo who wanted to stay, so there is no way the club would have agreed to a contract they weren't pleased with.

That's not my recollection - Robbo seemed to already have half a foot out the door, and needed persuading. Both parties needed to give in a bit

There isn't and probably never will be any reliable information to reference - just what you know based on the information. It's a maze of lies - believe nothing you read or hear.

Clubs are not going to give us those details, and every supporter or non supporter has every right to speculate, just like you do on here every day. (Product of there lack of honesty)

There is a difference however between those who speculate with an element of accuracy, and those who don't.

No, you see....once again people putting a twist on what I say (adding words and interpretations)

I said that the evidence is there for everyone to see, that he isn't 100% focused

Life has a funny way of highlighting certain things, and Robbo being cited two weeks in a row is no exception - Whether you like it or not

The incidents for which he was reported, were not even reportable to begin with. Both were dismissed.

How on earth is that evidence that he is not 100% focused? If he wasn't 100% focused he wouldn't be close enough to the action to get reported.

And you would be exempt from this group Jaded? Just because something does not fit your reality or make sense to you - It's crap?

Did it ever occur to you that other people see your posts as crap? Everyone has a different view on things

Being experienced on Demonland gives you some sort of extra priveledge in term of commenting on the Melbournefc? Let's all bow down to the Moderators <_<

I bet I've followed the Dee's for longer than you. Does that give me extra rights?

That's his view, and there are plenty of people that see it otherwise. Gee I forgot....another Moderator....he must have privileges too.

No idea what being a moderator has to do with anything. I do not claim to have superior knowledge on the MFC, but I also don't make claims that I can't back up. People are drawing a very long bow between Robbo's TV committments, and his committment to the club and to his football. There have been no concrete evidence to suggest that his once-a-week TV apperance is hindering his playing ability in any way, shape or form.

Until someone can bring in solid evidence to the contrary, this whole argument is completely stupid.

For some reason, supporters feel the need to nit-pick and bring the club/players down at every given opportunity.

How about some praise for Robbo, for doing something positive and raising money for the Troy Broadbridge Foundation?

That's not my recollection - Robbo seemed to already have half a foot out the door, and needed persuading. Both parties needed to give in a bit

There isn't and probably never will be any reliable information to reference - just what you know based on the information. It's a maze of lies - believe nothing you read or hear.

Clubs are not going to give us those details, and every supporter or non supporter has every right to speculate, just like you do on here every day. (Product of there lack of honesty)

There is a difference however between those who speculate with an element of accuracy, and those who don't.

Robbo never had any thoughts of leaving. He was hurt that the club did not approach him earlier with a contract offer, and it was his right to discuss his future with the Bulldogs, but leaving was not his first choice... it wasn't his second either. He thought the club might not offer him what he wanted, in which case he was prepared to go elsewhere. In the end, he was the one who compromised on a two-year deal with an optional third year.

Again, I don't see any element of accurary in anything you have said on this particular topic.

So either you know something and you're not telling us, or you're speculating negative things about one of our own.

If anything, he is further promoting the club. It's really a win-win situation, because if he does well then it's good publicity for him and he could even gain interest from people who aren't hugely into football, but if he makes a fool of himself then it brings out the human element in him and he's just a footballer having some fun.

I've seen one show and the club and Primus got some excellent exposure, plus chicks (most) love this sort of thing, it's all good. I just hope those who really believe this has stuffed him as a footballer in '08 can get their heads around it.

So either you know something and you're not telling us, or you're speculating negative things about one of our own.

What I've said is enough - you can make your mind up based on that. I've given you the thread to pull, your choice as to whether you pull it or not

Sometimes people just don't want something to be so, so it's much easier to pretend the thread is not there

Hopefully Robbo does go alright and kicks a few come round 1, cos I'll be coming down from the Queensland for one of my few live games for the year.

Good on you for your support of the club and your uplifting remarks - both good qualities