Where are the people that stick up for Bruces kicking?

Yze_Magic

I hope that whatever is going on with that boot, gets solved quickly though, because his disposal was downright awful. No penetration is his kick whatsoever.

The errors are something like this.

bruceimpactvt6.jpg

NB the ball in the illustration has been dropped "straight" when in practice Cameron's technique often does not allow this and the consequences generally are perverse (or even grotesque)

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The errors are something like this.

bruceimpactvt6.jpg

NB the ball in the illustration has been dropped "straight" when in practice Cameron's technique often does not allow this and the consequences generally are perverse (or even grotesque)

Nice picture

Ouch. You can have ur opinion as I can have mine. Just because u dont agree with me however does not make me immature and ignorant. Thanks a lot for that.

And for the record I love Australian Idol :)

you miss my point. you can have any opinion you want, as long as that position is justified. your argument that 'we cant bag him because he is a melbourne player' is ridiculous. if his kicking is poor, his kicking is poor, no matter who he plays for. you turn a blind eye to faults because players play for melbourne. either you know nothing about football or your passion has blinded you. i think its great that you support your players but that doesnt mean you have to carry on like a pork chop every time a bit of criticism goes their way.

I remember last year Greeny being critisised by all about his kicking

Just maybee Bruce has a injury related problem with how he is kicking

Give the guy some credit he is winning our contested ball stat

Maybe they swapped boots?

Brucey was once quite a good kick at goal. I can recall him kicking bags of 6 and 7 against teams where he nailed several long set shots. His kicking has declined in the last 12 months or so

you miss my point. you can have any opinion you want, as long as that position is justified. your argument that 'we cant bag him because he is a melbourne player' is ridiculous. if his kicking is poor, his kicking is poor, no matter who he plays for. you turn a blind eye to faults because players play for melbourne. either you know nothing about football or your passion has blinded you. i think its great that you support your players but that doesnt mean you have to carry on like a pork chop every time a bit of criticism goes their way.

Well u need to read my posts clearly I said I was disappointed in Brock the other day and got ripped, and you are ripping me for being positive. Bruce's kicking has been off yes alright? BUT that doesnt mean [censored] in the scheme of things, a couple of wayward kicks and he still makes it into our best on ground week in week out. Thats my point

Well u need to read my posts clearly I said I was disappointed in Brock the other day and got ripped, and you are ripping me for being positive. Bruce's kicking has been off yes alright? BUT that doesnt mean [censored] in the scheme of things, a couple of wayward kicks and he still makes it into our best on ground week in week out. Thats my point

good girl, now you've got it. no one is saying bruce was worst on ground. this discussion is about how his kicking has been poor, what has caused it, and what can be done. there are opinions that his poor kicking is holding him back from being a superstar, and that is a fair point. and a couple of wayward kicks? i reckon he is missing 5+ targets a week. last week he missed 4 shots at goal alone. is it skill errors, is it confidence? what do you think the problem is?

Well I dont really think it is a problem worth mentioning you see. He might miss some kicks but he is still best on ground. Green has this problem occasionally as does Miller, severe lack of confidence, which we have seen the whole team have a lot of this year. Even Neitz has been in on it. As the team notches up more wins it wont be an issue, but I dont really see it as an issue anyway. I can forgive a few rubbish kicks cos he more than makes up for it in other areas. He could be playin injured though wouldnt suprise me

Well I dont really think it is a problem worth mentioning you see. He might miss some kicks but he is still best on ground. Green has this problem occasionally as does Miller...

Stabbing at it due to lack of confidence or injury?

cameron bruce used to be a great kick. brad green was even better. last year brad had an injury in his left foot which meant he had pain killing injections in that foot every week before the game. this was numbing his foot meaning he didnt have much control over where he was kicking it. this year his foot is fixed and his kicking is fixed. brad miller, when it comes to kicking, isnt brad greens bootlace. he can't kick more than 40 metres, and his accuracy is questionable. this has been the case his whole career. i have heard rumours he has had a mild case of OP. could that be the problem? maybe but i think he just cant kick.

cameron bruces current probably seems to be poor technique, as most on this website agree. is that form? it is strange that such a hard working player hasnt corrected a simple technical problem at training isnt it? perhaps he is carrying an injury similar to green was last year.

his hard work on the ball has been fantastic. if his kicking had been on song this year he would be looking at having a good run at the browlowe. on current kicking form he wont.

FWIW this season bruce has kicked 5 goals 10, in his career he has kicked 178 goals 126 behinds...

He isnt a full forward so I wouldnt expect his stats to be great in that regard

no but over his career he has kicked 3 goals for every 2 behinds. this season he has kicked 1 goal for every 2 behinds. that is a drop in accuracy from 60% to 33%. a remarkable difference. this stat epitomises his overall struggle with his kicking this season.

It is noticeable, that's why so many people are talking about it!

No one is denying that Bruce is a good player, however he does have a weakness, his kicking.

Interesting that they are specifically working on Frawley's kicking. Frawley article

Wonder if they'll do that with Bruce too and a few others who seem to be getting worse as they get older. It is very noticeable the decline in his kicking particularly this year.

I give up. Bruce sucks, trade him drop him give him kicking lessons whatever

see i told you you were immature. cant you see that we are discussing an issue and a problem, not forcing an extremist view. you want to think that he is perfect. he is not. he needs to work on his kicking. we dont want to drop him or trade him. well trade might be an option if we can snare a good deal...

:P

On Frawley's kicking, is it really that bad? I know the style is pretty wierd, but TJ has an unusual style as well, and look at him.

Frawley took the kickouts for Vic Country last year I believe. I haven't seen him mung any badly just yet, if he has I'd put it down to nerves.