Where are the people that stick up for Bruces kicking?

Yze_Magic

I have said it before an I will say it aain - Bruce is the worst kick in the AFL

Way worse than Godders. In fact, Godders hit Robbo lace out today then proceeded to kick a goal on his RIGHT foot in the next quarter

Meanwhile, Bruce butchered the footy every time he touched it

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have said it before an I will say it aain - Bruce is the worst kick in the AFL

Way worse than Godders. In fact, Godders hit Robbo lace out today then proceeded to kick a goal on his RIGHT foot in the next quarter

It's all in his technique.

He doesn't guide the ball on to his foot very well if at all. He never has, but somehow he has been able to get away with it.

I couldn't believe it when he didn't make the distance from 40m out. It was embarrassing.

He had a shocker today, he really did. Just goes to show that we can win even when he doesn't have 30+ possessions.

But hey, he's been excellent for us all year, so he is allowed one bad game. The kicking though... it's reaching Ward-like proportions.

its true his kicking is poor, and it prevents him from being in the top 10 players in the afl (instead he in only in the top 50)...HOWEVER he is a star, because he has the biggest engine in our team, has a great footy brain (one of the best footy minds in the afl), and has an uncanny ability to find the football.

his kicking does not make him a bad player. his average kicking only makes him a bit less of a star. fullstop.

i have no time for people who continuisly bag bruce as a player.

FFS Y-M enjoy the win, enjoy beating the pies, instead of getting in a tizz about bruce's kicking. yes it is shonky and he does need to work on it, but he has been in our top 2 or 3 players all year, and no one can question his commitment to the team.

Spot on Classy. I'm sure he is aware of the problem. I'm one of those that stand up for Bruce, and I admit that his kicking is a problem this year, but if you think that having two or three shocking kicks in a game of footy makes him a bad player....you are deluded.

Absoslutely shocking kicking today from out "superstar".

i didnt happen to notice your thoughts on him last week ... funny that when he plays well people pipe down, but when he shanks a few the vultures are out immediately

...and its always from the Brock lovers. You guys are starting to turn me against him

:blink:

Its just that some of us have been watching the Dees long enough to know that Bruce was a very reliable kick for goal in the first half of his career. We aren't nailing him at the moment because we see it as a fixable problem. It is obvious that he still contributes way more in other areas than most blokes going round.

The Bruce is leading our club in HARD BALL GETS!!!!! Enough Said!!

part of the reason we are 2-9, he isnt the hardest player in our club and never will be but he isnt soft but doesnt go all the time like a jones or mclean.

lets face it, i love bruce, he aint a superstar, that is bandied around way to much, yes he is a great player on his day a star, today his kicking was atrociuos and he needs to drop the ball closer to his foot, drops the ball way to high.

Its frustrating as us mere mortals in the outer can see what the problem is - as stated he drops the ball from too high and doesn't guide it onto his foot. So why isn't the problem being rectified? Surely the coaching panel are advising him and are trying to fix the problem. His work rate on the ground is so terrific it is hard to believe he wouldn't be trying to fix the problem during the week.

Still he gets the pill a lot and that is always a positive.

Ironic that Davey was turning the ball over a lot today yet our two worst kicks Ward and Godfrey were hitting targets lace out.

Funny game footy!

with brocks quite a few were kicks out of a pack that went to 50/50's

the problem today with bruce was the 4 major stuff ups were all around the goal front when its really noticable

kicking for goal... hardly matters... every player has the yipps now an then...

so dont give me around that around the ground rubbish...

just a stat,

OK this argument needs to be put to bed.

Let me preface this by saying that Cameron Bruce would probably be my equal favourite player along with Brock Mclean. I've loved cam since 2000.

At the moment, there is something wrong with Cam's kicking. He seems to shank what seems to be a large percentage of his kicks. This is OK in general play, especially as his decision making is probably up there with the best in the team, but it is very noticeable when he is kicking for goal (and this can be very costly not only on the scoreboard but also for morale), as a lot seem to either hook badly or wobble big time. That said this is probably the only flaw in his game, and unlike others it is rectifyable. But it does need to be fixed because it will enable him to become a gun or star of the comp

No one should comparing brock to bruce. I think this feeling stems from the looming captaincy battle after DN says he's had enough. So this is a different issue. But the brock vs bruce comparison is futile and pointless. Both would be in the top 5 picked each week, and the team is always better when both are in the team. Brock will be at the bottom of the pack always, and leading from the front and that is why he is loved. Cam on the other hand will run all day, and will plug holes either in defence of attack and will tag, sacrificing his own game for the good of the team, and prior to these yips had the ability to add that touch of 'class'.

So yeah he need to fix his kicking, but he is incredibly important for our team, and we will always be a better team when he and brock are playing together.

OK this argument needs to be put to bed.

Let me preface this by saying that Cameron Bruce would probably be my equal favourite player along with Brock Mclean. I've loved cam since 2000.

At the moment, there is something wrong with Cam's kicking. He seems to shank what seems to be a large percentage of his kicks. This is OK in general play, especially as his decision making is probably up there with the best in the team, but it is very noticeable when he is kicking for goal (and this can be very costly not only on the scoreboard but also for morale), as a lot seem to either hook badly or wobble big time. That said this is probably the only flaw in his game, and unlike others it is rectifyable. But it does need to be fixed because it will enable him to become a gun or star of the comp

No one should comparing brock to bruce. I think this feeling stems from the looming captaincy battle after DN says he's had enough. So this is a different issue. But the brock vs bruce comparison is futile and pointless. Both would be in the top 5 picked each week, and the team is always better when both are in the team. Brock will be at the bottom of the pack always, and leading from the front and that is why he is loved. Cam on the other hand will run all day, and will plug holes either in defence of attack and will tag, sacrificing his own game for the good of the team, and prior to these yips had the ability to add that touch of 'class'.

So yeah he need to fix his kicking, but he is incredibly important for our team, and we will always be a better team when he and brock are playing together.

could not agree more... but untill people see this... i will continue to dislike brock more and more