NON-MFC: Rd 19 2023

Demonland

9 minutes ago, binman said:

That's partly true.

But i reckon a big factor in the pies run in close game is opponents thinking the pies will run over them.

They have won so many games where their opponent has been well on top and essentially chocked.

Just this season alone, off the top of my head I can think of the crows game at the g, Port this round just gone and the saints. 

Yep it’s the mental battle. They fear nobody and everyone fears them. A self fulfilling prophecy. 

It’s why beating them in a close one when they kept coming and coming, was so important. 
And why us winning close ones is great preparation for when we meet again in finals. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nascent said:

I agree. We also beat them and the best team in the comp. Geelong think they're the danger... No.

Walter White Danger GIF by Breaking Bad

*Can someone please photoshop a mfc jumper on Walter white.

2 hours ago, daisycutter said:

better still just replace pic with one of jack viney

Not an animated GIF but use your imagination.

ac5befa78311479556b0ceb8867a4cae0d081d3e copy.png

• Like 2

7 hours ago, old55 said:

Being the eternal critic is the softest, easiest game in town, and you're flying with the twin parachutes of "they're finally doing what I've said all along" and "happy to be wrong" if we do succeed.

I stand by what I say and we will not win the flag unless they sort the forward line out and i have said that all along if you have ever bothered to read what I have said in the past and this year i said it last year after round 10 and was right.  You can have a cheap crack and I would not expect any different from you anyway have a good night.

• Vomit 1

2 hours ago, binman said:

So much easier draw than 2021 and 2022 - particularly 2022

2022 ended up being a tough draw partly because we were Premiers in 2021. That's as it should be. But the other reason was because the 'weak' team we were allocated was Collingwood, who finished 17th in 2021 (not a reflection of their true ability) and finished 3rd in 2022. The teams Melbourne played twice were Western Bulldogs (2nd in 2021, 8th in 2022), Port Adelaide (3rd in 2021, 11th in 2022), Brisbane (5th in 2021, 4th in 2022), Fremantle (11th in 2021, 6th in 2022) & Collingwood (17th in 2021, 3rd in 2022). So 3rd, 4th, 6th 8th & 11th. No easy opponents.

At face value Melbourne had quite a good draw in 2021 (reflecting our 9th place finish in 2020), playing twice against Geelong (2nd in 2020), Western Bulldogs (7th), GWS (10th), Hawthorn (15th) & Adelaide (18th). However, those teams actually finished 4th, 2nd, 6th, 14th & 15th in 2021 so in reality Melbourne's draw ended up being quite a bit tougher.

Where we were really dudded was 2020. We would have had a very easy draw since we finished 17th in 2019, but there were only 17 games (COVID year) so no easy 2nd games against weak teams.

• Like 1

Over the last month I have watched and read stories about the weagles. It is a horrible story however I have no sympathy for them none in fact if it is possible less than none. Does that mean I am enjoying it? YES. This is the most arrogant  club in the competition. For years they fielded teams that were very good but contained numerous players that flouted the drug rules and they did nothing about them. Did they help clubs like the MFC that were bumping along the bottom in danger of extinction No. 

Now this is no doubt poor form on my part but I hope they stay there for the next decade. May the  run of defeats continue for as long as possible.

Edited by old dee
  • Like 1

On 7/23/2023 at 7:28 PM, demon3165 said:

Nothing funnier than someone doubling down in blind faith got to give it to you.

16 hours ago, demon3165 said:

I stand by what I say and we will not win the flag unless they sort the forward line out and i have said that all along if you have ever bothered to read what I have said in the past and this year i said it last year after round 10 and was right.  You can have a cheap crack and I would not expect any different from you anyway have a good night.

It's one thing to be eternally negative, but it's another to snipe other posters for being positive like you did with @Jaded No More who has given reasons for her optimism.  "Nothing funnier .." eh?

Look everyone knows your prediction record is dodgy, with the lowlight being "the rugby player" - how do you reckon he's gone recently?  Grow some humility.

1 hour ago, old55 said:

It's one thing to be eternally negative, but it's another to snipe other posters for being positive like you did with @Jaded No More who has given reasons for her optimism.  "Nothing funnier .." eh?

Look everyone knows your prediction record is dodgy, with the lowlight being "the rugby player" - how do you reckon he's gone recently?  Grow some humility.

No see this is where you make a fool of yourself, you don't read posts properly, just take highlights,  if you bothered to do some research I have said regarding Viney yes he played like a rugby player but when he takes the first option he is a far better footballer and more valuable to us in fact I said that in late 21 before the finals because that is what he started to do guess you had trouble understanding that, does that make it clearer?. So where is my dodgy record bring up more I don't mind.

As for my comment to Jaded, get a sense of humour you must be the life of the party not, again if your going to have a crack at least do some research. 

4 minutes ago, demon3165 said:

No see this is where you make a fool of yourself, you don't read posts properly, just take highlights,  if you bothered to do some research I have said regarding Viney yes he played like a rugby player but when he takes the first option he is a far better footballer and more valuable to us in fact I said that in late 21 before the finals because that is what he started to do guess you had trouble understanding that, does that make it clearer?. So where is my dodgy record bring up more I don't mind.

As for my comment to Jaded, get a sense of humour you must be the life of the party not, again if your going to have a crack at least do some research. 

OK "He's finally doing what I said all along" 'chute.

Edited by old55
  • Love 1