Macca

1 minute ago, Dee Zephyr said:

Sorry to interrupt your  Cricket chat fellas, I don’t mind it btw but paging @Wadda We Sing......Napoli game is on next Sunday I just noticed. Bring in the 12th man....:P

Oh sht ! Shall i put in a sub? Can make napoli my next week bet......what does everyone think?

Edited by Wadda We Sing
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Wadda We Sing said:

Oh sht ! Shall i put in a sub? Can make napoli my next week bet......what does everyone think?

No biggie mate, don’t go out of your way to find another one if nothing stands out. Entirely up to you, I’m easy.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Dee Zephyr said:

No biggie mate, don’t go out of your way to find another one if nothing stands out. Entirely up to you, I’m easy.

Best Bet ...(sub)

Czech Republic Sun 11.00pm AC Sparta Prague v FC Banik Ostrava ...AC Sparta Prague Win +1.5 goals match total 1.91

Edited by Wadda We Sing
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, Macca said:

Good point Wadda ... my previous reply related to the 'general' booing.  So you are correct,  all things considered the booing was crass and unnecessary. 

But how do you stop it? ... the pack.mentaliity rules at sporting events.  Even in 'polite' England.  Mind you,  the soccer crowds leave a lot to be desired and the balmy army are a crass lot as well. 

Pretty much Macca. Perhaps they didnt realize how bad his injury could have been, considering he was back out so soon.

Ive put in a sub bet because i didnt realize the Italian soccer doesnt start till next week. In keeping with superstition i will make it my best next week.

See above

Edited by Wadda We Sing
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Wadda We Sing said:

Pretty much Macca. Perhaps they didnt realize how bad his injury could have been, considering he was back out so soon.

Ive put in a sub bet because i didnt realize the Italian soccer doesnt start till next week. In keeping with superstition i will make it my best next week.

See above

Well I've put both combo's on and I noticed that Sparta Prague have already shot out to a 1-0 lead. 

'Go the 'Reds!' (the Czech Republic version)

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Macca said:

Well I've put both combo's on and I noticed that Sparta Prague have already shot out to a 1-0 lead. 

'Go the 'Reds!' (the Czech Republic version)

I thought you might. Sorry about the mix up. I thought Italy had already started, but i think last week must have been practice matches. One never knows whats going on in Italy...only the Italians! Lets hope the original bet is a slow burn.

DZ said hed post me an update, but hes disappeared. Weekend sporting pass must have been revoked at the last minute!

Go the Reds!

Edit: 2-0

Edited by Wadda We Sing
  • Haha 2

46 minutes ago, Dee Zephyr said:

Well picked @Macca and @Wadda We Sing. Pity about Chelsea. Apologies Wadda for the no update, often when I’m trying to settle the little one, it’s me ending up with a pacifier in the mouth and dreaming of a Dees flag.

Well at least we found another MB favourite DZ.

The mighty Reds of Sparta Prague!

In all seriousness they can be used as a banker going forward as they often dominate the Czech league.

Sporting Lisbon often beat up the lesser-lights at home too.  Whilst punters look out for Benfica & Porto,  Sporting Lisbon often slip under the guard.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Macca said:

Well at least we found another MB favourite DZ.

The mighty Reds of Sparta Prague!

In all seriousness they can be used as a banker going forward as they often dominate the Czech league.

Sporting Lisbon often beat up the lesser-lights at home too.  Whilst punters look out for Benfica & Porto,  Sporting Lisbon often slip under the guard.

The betting fluctuations in the cricket last night were just wild. England got out to as much as 34/1 before coming back into 4s late in the game. There was the inevitable middle order crash and at one stage Leech was on a hatrick. Of course Ladbrokes was closed for maintenance from midnight till 7.30am with no warning so i couldnt get on ! (probably luckily).

One thing ive noticed often with the 2 tests so far that you can get as good as 10 or more to one for both teams if your brave enough to bet on the side thats in trouble. You can only lose on the draw in this case and with bright sunshine forecast for the next game, this outcome is unlikely. Having an each way bet of 10/1 in a 2 horse race is not bad.

Chelsea seemed to be peppering the goals at the end, but couldnt get the winner. Ive identified so far that the heavy scorers in the EPL seem to be Liverpool, Tottenham and Man City. I changed my strategy slightly and went looking for the +1.5 option  to see if i could find one around 2/1.  +2.5 is great and a top bet, but it means 3 goals....3-0 2-1 2-3 etc......whereas +1.5 takes in the 2-0 scoreline which is common in games where 1 team dominates but doesnt necessarily have the heavy scoring capability, as was the case with our new friends Sparta Prague last night. I think as long as the leg is around 2.00 thats pretty acceptable for us, even if its just 1 anchor leg. Anyway thats just me, you guys can do what ever you think.

Its good to get updates from everyone re betting strategies and chosen sport. We are getting better at this.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Wadda We Sing said:

The betting fluctuations in the cricket last night were just wild. England got out to as much as 34/1 before coming back into 4s late in the game. There was the inevitable middle order crash and at one stage Leech was on a hatrick. Of course Ladbrokes was closed for maintenance from midnight till 7.30am with no warning so i couldnt get on ! (probably luckily).

One thing ive noticed often with the 2 tests so far that you can get as good as 10 or more to one for both teams if your brave enough to bet on the side thats in trouble. You can only lose on the draw in this case and with bright sunshine forecast for the next game, this outcome is unlikely. Having an each way bet of 10/1 in a 2 horse race is not bad.

Chelsea seemed to be peppering the goals at the end, but couldnt get the winner. Ive identified so far that the heavy scorers in the EPL seem to be Liverpool, Tottenham and Man City. I changed my strategy slightly and went looking for the +1.5 option  to see if i could find one around 2/1.  +2.5 is great and a top bet, but it means 3 goals....3-0 2-1 2-3 etc......whereas +1.5 takes in the 2-0 scoreline which is common in games where 1 team dominates but doesnt necessarily have the heavy scoring capability, as was the case with our new friends Sparta Prague last night. I think as long as the leg is around 2.00 thats pretty acceptable for us, even if its just 1 anchor leg. Anyway thats just me, you guys can do what ever you think.

Its good to get updates from everyone re betting strategies and chosen sport. We are getting better at this.

Good point Wadda

I might look for some value teams in the soccer at +1.5 (Match Score) ... outside of the elite teams where often +3.5 gets up (especially with Man City & PSG)  For instance,  Man Utd are showing $3.00 (+1.5) for their match at Wolves tomorrow morning. 

Juventus,  Barca,  Bayern,  Real Madrid & Liverpool are more likely at +2.5.  Porto & Ajax score heavily as well although Ajax have lost a few of their stars.  Bayern might be a team that slips into that +3.5 bracket.  Maybe Barca as well. 

We might all go for 3 value picks one time as a trial ... we seem to be very good at getting 2 out of 3 so the extra odds means we could have a dabble at the 3 doubles within the tri-bet multi. 

I know Gator loves doing that with his short priced tips (the treble & 3 doubles with the 3 picks)  It's just a matter of splitting one's initial outlay. 

Just a thought though. 

Edited by Macca
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Macca said:

Good point Wadda

I might look for some value teams in the soccer at +1.5 (Match Score) ... outside of the elite teams where often +3.5 gets up (especially with Man City & PSG)  For instance,  Man Utd are showing $3.00 (+1.5) for their match at Wolves tomorrow morning. 

Juventus,  Barca,  Bayern,  Real Madrid & Liverpool are more likely at +2.5.  Porto & Ajax score heavily as well although Ajax have lost a few of their stars.  Bayern might be a team that slips into that +3.5 bracket.  Maybe Barca as well. 

We might all go for 3 value picks one time as a trial ... we seem to be very good at getting 2 out of 3 so the extra odds means we could have a dabble at the 3 doubles within the tri-bet multi. 

I know Gator loves doing that with his short priced tips (the treble & 3 doubles with the 3 picks)  It's just a matter of splitting one's initial outlay. 

Just a thought though. 

PSG? = maybe PSV Eindhoven?

Ok, i think i see what your getting at. So we have a 3 pick multi for say $10...(2 cups of coffee, cause its winter) and instead of putting the 1 bet on, we go 3 x 2 leg multis, @ 3.33 each, thus at least one mathematically has to get up. Then we put on the original 3 leg as well. So then that would be 2.50 for each bet. So then you are saying if we do that we go for the higher odds @ +2.5 or more? Is that correct?

I see Laddies have done a massive upgrade to the site. Its easier to find the soccer teams, but the whole thing is a little harder to navigate. Guess it will just take some getting used to. The old one did have a few glitches esp with multis...

Edited by Wadda We Sing
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Wadda We Sing said:

PSG? = maybe PSV Eindhoven?

Ok, i think i see what your getting at. So we have a 3 pick multi for say $10...(2 cups of coffee, cause its winter) and instead of putting the 1 bet on, we go 3 x 2 leg multis, @ 3.33 each, thus at least one mathematically has to get up. Then we put on the original 3 leg as well. So then that would be 2.50 for each bet. So then you are saying if we do that we go for the higher odds @ +2.5 or more? Is that correct?

I see Laddies have done a massive upgrade to the site. Its easier to find the soccer teams, but the whole thing is a little harder to navigate. Guess it will just take some getting used to. The old one did have a few glitches esp with multis...

We could do that super-value tri-bet every now and again.  Each of us finds something that is paying $3 - $4 (or more)

That way any double within the treble is paying 10-1 or more.  And the treble itself can pay 30-1 or better.  Got the idea from Gator as he does it with 3 of his best bets in the horses.  Plus,  we quite often get 2 from 3 anyway. 

It might be a mattet of going -2.5 or -3.5 in baseball or +3.5 in soccer.  Doesn't really work with $2 chances.  So 4 units = 11 units (at least) as long as 2 of the picks salute.

And PSG = Paris St Germain (who dominate the French league)  PSV are another standout though in the Dutch league.

Just a thought though Wadda as it's not a bad idea to change things up sometimes.  Find a way so to speak.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Macca said:

We could do that super-value tri-bet every now and again.  Each of us finds something that is paying $3 - $4 (or more)

That way any double within the treble is paying 10-1 or more.  And the treble itself can pay 30-1 or better.  Got the idea from Gator as he does it with 3 of his best bets in the horses.  Plus,  we quite often get 2 from 3 anyway. 

It might be a mattet of going -2.5 or -3.5 in baseball or +3.5 in soccer.  Doesn't really work with $2 chances.  So 4 units = 11 units (at least) as long as 2 of the picks salute.

And PSG = Paris St Germain (who dominate the French league)  PSV are another standout though in the Dutch league.

Just a thought though Wadda as it's not a bad idea to change things up sometimes.  Find a way so to speak.

Oh god yeah, im all for trying different things. Im a little surprised we dont get the 3 pick more often tbh. Weve had some bad luck there. Its just a small outlay anyway as you say, and well within everyones punting budget.  When we get a return its usually good.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Wadda We Sing said:

Oh god yeah, im all for trying different things. Im a little surprised we dont get the 3 pick more often tbh. Weve had some bad luck there. Its just a small outlay anyway as you say, and well within everyones punting budget.  When we get a return its usually good.

Rule of thumb with multis is there is always one pick that puts you out Wadda

But by doing the value 2/3 multi one pick can miss and you still win (as long as the other 2 salute)  Could be tried with a 3/4 or 4/5 but then the picks don't have to be as valuable.  

And just think about how many times we miss with one of the picks.  It has happened to me countless times. 

One time a few years back one of my sporting events was abandoned but I got every other pick up.  I duly collected a 4 figure amount but if that game wasn't abandoned then it probably would have put me out.  Murphy's law!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Weekend Special

Portugal Premeira Liga Monday 03.30am  Portiminense vs Sporting Lisbon

Sporting Lisbon Win (+2.5 Goals Match Score) $2.75

• Like 2

Weekend Monkey:

Monday 1.30am EPL Tottenham V Newcastle Tottenham (W) Match +2.5 Goooalaaaa $1.80

Spanish Primera Monday at 03:00  Leganes v Atletico Madrid Atletico Madrid Win & Over 1.5 Match Goals $2.60

Portugal Premeira Liga Monday 03.30am  Portiminense vs Sporting Lisbon Sporting Lisbon Win (+2.5 Goals Match Score) $2.75

Banana return 13/1 approx. Shake the tree.

Good luck Monkeys

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Monday Special

Portugal Premeira Liga Monday 6.00am FC Braga vs Benfica

Benfica Win (+2.5 Goals Match Score)  $2.60

Edited by Macca
  • Like 1

Best Bets:

Dutch Eredivisie Monday at 00:45 Willem II v Feyenoord  Feyenoord Win $ Over 2.5 match goals $2.70

Portugal Premeira Liga Monday 6.00am FC Braga vs Benfica Benfica Win (+2.5 Goals Match Score)  $2.60

EPL Monday 1.30 am Arsenal V Tottenham Arsenal  (w) +2.5 Goals match score $3.25

This weeks Monkey Multi will get you 23/1 approx Good luck Monkeys

• Thanks 1

Monday Special

MLB  03.10am  Washington @ Atlanta

Atlanta Win (-1.5) $3.25

• Like 1