A Day at the Races

Toorak

6 hours ago, Wadda We Sing said:

Yeah sorry i screwed up and lost track of the time...or possibly days....Voodoo Lad plc was my best. Messed up in Maastricht Macca ! :(

Paid alright for the win i think...how did you guys go with the picks?

Unfortunately no addition to the strike rate from yesterday Wadda but at this time of the year finding winners is a difficult task.  And from what I've heard Maastricht will never be the same after your exploits.  More like Mayhem in Maastricht!

I often go to exacta's in the racing off-season and managed to snag the collect in the Winterbottom.  Didn't include Malaguerra so would have missed the trifecta if I went down that path. 

And Voodoo Lad was a last minute inclusion due to our support of the horse here on this thread. 

Anyway,  all the talk here is of the inaugural running of the 'Jericho Cup' later today ... here's the form for the race

The race has been named in honour of our diggers and the horses they were associated with during WW1 in the Middle East ... they raced a 3 mile event during that time so this inaugural race marks the 100th anniversary.  There is a lot more to the story though ... read more here

Australian Group & Listed Races

Best Bet Strike Rate

64: 22 - 8 - 9

Edited by Macca
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

11 hours ago, Wadda We Sing said:

Wow, what a win. I thought no way at the turn, looked too wide and too far back, stunning.

And Damien Oliver just picked up the ride on 'Trap for Fools' in the Kingston Town Classic to be run on Saturday ... the horse is fresh off winning the McKinnon a month ago. 

Here's the latest odds for the $1Million Kingston Town Classic.  Looks to be a race between the locals Arcadia Queen,  Galaxy Star,  Material Man & former local Trap for Fools.  Gatting has been racing well also but the top 4 look the most likely. 

image.thumb.png.c1b2c63b2644b28e6ecd7e77f1c8dd81.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/3/2018 at 10:55 AM, Macca said:

And Damien Oliver just picked up the ride on 'Trap for Fools' in the Kingston Town Classic to be run on Saturday ... the horse is fresh off winning the McKinnon a month ago. 

Here's the latest odds for the $1Million Kingston Town Classic.  Looks to be a race between the locals Arcadia Queen,  Galaxy Star,  Material Man & former local Trap for Fools.  Gatting has been racing well also but the top 4 look the most likely. 

image.thumb.png.c1b2c63b2644b28e6ecd7e77f1c8dd81.png

I shall have a look. Nice spotting.

I will most likely be doing the long flights that Friday Sat, after a final Armageddon in Amsterdam ! :)

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Wadda We Sing said:

I shall have a look. Nice spotting.

I will most likely be doing the long flights that Friday Sat, after a final Armageddon in Amsterdam ! :)

Go out with a bang Wadda. Hope you’ve had a great trip. For me, I think it’s time to hit the paddock for a spell. The arrival of the 4th foal/ Junior Dee is imminent in the DZ household. ?

Edited by Dee Zephyr
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Arcadia Queen - Wow!

Heading for the $7.5 Million Golden Eagle in November you'd reckon.  Daylight to 2nd and made the rest look 2nd rate. 

Material Man & Galaxy Star battled on well for 2nd & 3rd but the winner really is something special. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Macca said:

Arcadia Queen - Wow!

Heading for the $7.5 Million Golden Eagle in November you'd reckon.  Daylight to 2nd and made the rest look 2nd rate. 

Material Man & Galaxy Star battled on well for 2nd & 3rd but the winner really is something special. 

Wow, exactly Macca. What a win! New bubs arrived this afternoon and didn’t have any time to watch the races but managed to catch this one on the phone. Spectacular win. 

Well done on The Velvet King pick too. Just watched the replay of my pick. The two favourites seemed to have cut each other up at the front and mine didn’t give a yelp. 

Will try and put something in Monkey Business as well.

• Love 2

Just now, Dee Zephyr said:

Wow, exactly Macca. What a win! New bubs arrived this afternoon and didn’t have any time to watch the races but managed to catch this one on the phone. Spectacular win. 

Well done on The Velvet King pick too. Just watched the replay of my pick. The two favourites seemed to have cut each other up at the front and mine didn’t give a yelp. 

Will try and put something in Monkey Business as well.

Congratulations DZ ... 4 tackers! 

You're a marvel ... actually,  your wife is the marvel.  Great news and all the best mate.  4 little Demons running around - there's hope for the club yet!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Macca said:

Congratulations DZ ... 4 tackers! 

You're a marvel ... actually,  your wife is the marvel.  Great news and all the best mate.  4 little Demons running around - there's hope for the club yet!

Cheers Macca, never pictured 4. The wife’s definitely the stronger one. Still amazed to be honest and pretty cool to have 4 little Dees in the house. 

Best i go and update the total in the membership thread ?.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Some great racing at Sha Tin today with Beauty Generation,  Exaltant  & Mr Stunning all winning in fine style - read more here

Best Bet Strike Rate

67: 23 - 8 - 10

Replay - Kingston Town Classic

Edited by Macca
  • Like 2

Found 4 decent betting races for the weekend in 4 different States ... one sprint race with the other 3 races ranging from 1350m up to a mile.  Some good types in all 4 races.

• Like 2

Best Bet

Flemington Race 7 Number 9

Invincible Al ( Each way) $6.00W $2.20P

I think the horse is due for a change of luck. He’s a good place price. Picking it each way as I think he can finish top 3. Also think he can win.

Edited by Dee Zephyr
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, Macca said:

Best Bet

Randwick Race 7 No.11 Goodfella (Place Only) $3.70

Small world Macca. At my daughter’s primary school graduation tonight I met the father of one of her friends and he’s into horse racing. He’s part owner of a few and one is running tomorrow against Goodfella. Her name, Aloisia.

He seems to have some good types. Will post when they are running. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dee Zephyr said:

Small world Macca. At my daughter’s primary school graduation tonight I met the father of one of her friends and he’s into horse racing. He’s part owner of a few and one is running tomorrow against Goodfella. Her name, Aloisia.

He seems to have some good types. Will post when they are running. 

Yeah it's a good race the Villiers Stakes tomorrow DZ ... was looking for a value runner to include in a Box-Exacta so 'Aloisia' it is then!  The horse hasn't been far away running against some very good company in Group 1 & Group 2 races so it has decent claims.  'Goodfella'  is a particular favourite so it goes in.

If the favourite 'Sky Boy' is run out of a place in the Villiers then the exotic dividends will pay extra well.  That's what I bank on although I will still include Sky Boy. 

Have followed a similar path in the singular feature races at both Doomben & Ascot as well as the 1100m Sprint at Flemington where your choice 'Invincible Al' is running.  Those are my 4 standout plays tomorrow. 

Edited by Macca
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Macca said:

Yeah it's a good race the Villiers Stakes tomorrow DZ ... was looking for a value runner to include in a Box-Exacta so 'Aloisia' it is then!  The horse hasn't been far away running against some very good company in Group 1 & Group 2 races so it has decent claims.  'Goodfella'  is a particular favourite so it goes in.

If the favourite 'Sky Boy' is run out of a place in the Villiers then the exotic dividends will pay extra well.  That's what I bank on although I will still include Sky Boy. 

Have followed a similar path in the singular feature races at both Doomben & Ascot as well as the 1100m Sprint at Flemington where your choice 'Invincible Al' is running.  Those are my 4 standout plays tomorrow. 

Not a bad race at all for this time of the year Macca, didn’t look at the fields until late in the week. The gentleman was more hopeful with Aloisia than extremely confident although the horse seems ready to fire. As you stated it hasn’t been that far away recently.

I noticed 3 of our previous bests are up against each other in the last at Doomben. 

I’m A Rippa/Niccanova/Prioritise 

Can’t see Prioritise troubling the other 2 after last week’s effort but it’s a decent price and maybe one for the wider exotics. 

Edited by Dee Zephyr
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Dee Zephyr said:

Not a bad race at all for this time of the year Macca, didn’t look at the fields until late in the week. The gentleman was more hopeful with Aloisia than extremely confident although the horse seems ready to fire. As you stated it hasn’t been that far away recently.

I noticed 3 of our previous bests are up against each other in the last at Doomben. 

I’m A Rippa/Niccanova/Prioritise 

Can’t see Prioritise troubling the other 2 after last week’s effort but it’s a decent price and maybe one for the wider exotics. 

Yep ... when in doubt form-wise at this time of the year,  trust the ratings.  Aloisia falls into that category along with 'Most Important' in the 'Lough Neagh Stakes' at Doomben

However,  Most Important is racing well and has a very good rating ... it's probably the only true WFA horse in the race and at 10-1,  is over the odds you'd reckon DZ.  

• Like 2

Well @Dee Zephyr ,  Aloisia ended up running second in the Villiers Stakes and very nearly won at big odds ... my place chance Goodfella wilted late after having to cross the field early from a wide barrier.  'Sky Boy' won the race as expected and looks a very likely prospect.  

And your choice 'Invincible Al'  was very unlucky in the Sprint at Flemington.  Whispering Brook too good though ... as was 'Victorem' in the Lough Neagh Stakes at Doomben. 

'Arcadia Prince'  won the AJ Scahill Stakes at Ascot - it is a full brother to 'Arcadia Queen' so another horse to look out for if they bring the horse East.

Best Bet Strike Rate

69: 23 - 9 - 10

And here are a few stories from yesterday's racing ...

• Like 2

A few decent betting races for the weekend with the Group 2 $400k Ted Van Heemst Stakes being the standout race from Ascot ... Galaxy Star ($1.65) probably wins with Willie Pike on board but Material Man & Gatting could both give a good sight.  Out of those 3 you'd reckon with Perfect Jewel & Prying Tom running on perhaps. 

The Ted Van Heemst Stakes is the often used lead-in race to the Perth Cup (to be run on 5th Jan)

Also of interest is the December Hcp from Warwick Farm - just the one turn over the 1400m as they run out of the Shute at that venue - as illustrated here

• Like 2