Culture

biggestred

I've felt for some time that the way we and Saints have gone about it is too far the other way. Chopping senior players just to get games into kids (drafting those kids aside) doesn't seem to have worked. You still have to be the best player for the position/role each week not potentially in 5 years the best for that position/role once you get 100 games under the belt.

I can't help wondering if watching St Kilda wilfully ruin itself now is what it was like for all the other clubs watching us in 2007-2010.

But I also wonder, how could ANYONE set out to follow that strategy, after the object lesson we provided?

We keep picking highly touted youngsters and turning them into duds. Sydney keep picking unassuming youngsters and turning them into guns. There must be something in the Sydney culture. (And something else in ours.)

Sydney has had a core of stars for the past decade which is the backbone of their success.

I just struggle seeing Strauss, Tapscott, Blease, Cook, Taggert and Toumpas being much better in any other team. We already know that Maric, Gysberts, Morton, Petterd, Sylvia, Cheney have not been any better under the development of other clubs so I doubt the others were any different.

I just think that Melbourne were looking for the wrong type of player, hence why Prendergast got it so wrong all the time.

• Like 2

Sydney has had a core of stars for the past decade which is the backbone of their success.

I just struggle seeing Strauss, Tapscott, Blease, Cook, Taggert and Toumpas being much better in any other team. We already know that Maric, Gysberts, Morton, Petterd, Sylvia, Cheney have not been any better under the development of other clubs so I doubt the others were any different.

I just think that Melbourne were looking for the wrong type of player, hence why Prendergast got it so wrong all the time.

I've never known us to have more Stars in one team than in the mid 90's...

its all linked WYL. & it is a big part of why we continue to struggle. when we repair the culture (as did percy page & checker hughes) it eventually drifts back to a holywood boulevard again.

Linked to what??

We win home games supporters drink in all the bars at the MCG. As we are linked to the MCC then that is all good.

What do you do with a social club mid week?

2005 premier team?

Sydney Swans 8.10 (58) defeated West Coast Eagles 7.12 (54), at the Melbourne Cricket Ground

Linked to what??

We win home games supporters drink in all the bars at the MCG. As we are linked to the MCC then that is all good.

What do you do with a social club mid week?

watch training, be involved, be there before & after matches, watch interstate matches, get togethers for all sorts of occasions, celebrations, funerals, etc, watch the Granny when we aren't involved, Build relationships, invite friends & grow member numbers thru inclusion.

buy food & drinks, buy take away food & coffee to take to the game. and much much more.

the trouble is the way the club is now, the members with special accesses, do not want to give anything, but they expect those on the outside to still join & cough up for nothing.

the club has been slowly dying over the last 45 years by a 1000 cuts.

this is the culture of keepings Off. its not a culture of attacking,but of defending the Castle from the inside.

Those clubs who are essentially outside, based away from the 'G' are attacking the fortress, & have had enormous success by being aggressive underdogs (as clubs), which are inclusive of people coming into their Dens & mixing equally, & becoming a part of their family. the hunger is with them.

watch training, be involved, be there before & after matches, watch interstate matches, get togethers for all sorts of occasions, celebrations, funerals, etc, watch the Granny when we aren't involved, Build relationships, invite friends & grow member numbers thru inclusion.

buy food & drinks, buy take away food & coffee to take to the game. and much much more.

the trouble is the way the club is now, the members with special accesses, do not want to give anything, but they expect those on the outside to still join & cough up for nothing.

the club has been slowly dying over the last 45 years by a 1000 cuts.

this is the culture of keepings Off. its not a culture of attacking,but of defending the Castle from the inside.

Those clubs who are essentially outside, based away from the 'G' are attacking the fortress, & have had enormous success by being aggressive underdogs (as clubs), which are inclusive of people coming into their Dens & mixing equally, & becoming a part of their family. the hunger is with them.

No the answeri s to play attractive hard football and to win the 4 points more times than we lose.

Where i eat a Parma is irrelevent.

We now are aligned to a hotel in the city.

Have you been?

I don't know why you bite anymore, WYL.
I see part of what deeluded is saying but the rest is just cobblers.
Perhaps the club does have a genteel culture in places but some old tossers in the Northern Stand have had nothing to do with the insanely amateur culture that has infested our club for forty years plus.

I don't know why you bite anymore, WYL.

I see part of what deeluded is saying but the rest is just cobblers.

Perhaps the club does have a genteel culture in places but some old tossers in the Northern Stand have had nothing to do with the insanely amateur culture that has infested our club for forty years plus.

the club continually tries to rub the hard sharp edges of our players & have done for decades, instead of allowing them to be themselves & develop naturally. this motivation of the MFC to smooth out all wrinkles from our young talents, is the start of them losing focus on being the best footballers & focusing on other things. it eeks away the fierce competative edge.

we don't want murderers or rapists wearing the colours, but we do want mongrels on the footy park.

its the preoccupation with the squeaky clean image thing, that gets in the way of our players being hard tough mongrels after the ball.

the club continually tries to rub the hard sharp edges of our players & have done for decades, instead of allowing them to be themselves & develop naturally. this motivation of the MFC to smooth out all wrinkles from our young talents, is the start of them losing focus on being the best footballers & focusing on other things. it eeks away the fierce competative edge.

we don't want murderers or rapists wearing the colours, but we do want mongrels on the footy park.

its the preoccupation with the squeaky clean image thing, that gets in the way of our players being hard tough mongrels after the ball.

What do you think of Roos & PJ...?

What you keep saying has/is being addressed

The mythical old suits from the Northern Stands you keep referring to are not pulling the strings of Roos & co...