10 names - who stays, who must go

What

My ideal line up heading into 2014:

Geoff Freeman - President, New to the board and comes from a good background. Word is he already has this role waiting for him.

John Northey – Senior Coach, Come in on a 3 year deal and to hand the reigns over after that time. Has done the hard yards before and capable of doing it again, still involved in the game. Is experienced and would be a lot cheaper then other experienced coaches.

Todd Viney – General Manager - List Management, Change of roles for Todd, is an experienced football man and I thik would fot this role well.

Nathan Bassett - General Manager - Player Development & Strategy, Big wraps on Bassett coming out of the SANFL and we need to secure him. Known for his ability to get the best out of players and I'd have him in contention to take over from Northey in a hand over.

Neil Craig - Director Of Sports Performance & Football Manager, Now I'm not privy to the job descriptions of both Craig & Mahoney but I'd of thought they could be intergrated into the one role, in which case Craig would be the ideal candidate. If not then Craig could stay in his current role and the club should move heaven and earth to try and land one of Balme or Daniher in the role of Football Manager.

Jade Rawlings – Backline Coach, Can stay in his role. Has a contract for next year so anywhere we can save money we should.

Leigh Tudor - Midfield Coach, This guys had success everywhere he's gone, we should chase him big time with the view to being in line to take over from Northey in a hand over at the end of Swoopers reign. Will have to fight it out with Bassett and the forward line coach of course.

Peter Sumich – Forward Line Coach, Highly regarded assistant coach who's been in line for several gigs but unable to land one. We should bring him across with the assurance that one of he Tudor or Bassett will get the role once Swooper finishes up.

David Misson – Elite Performance Manager, Like Rawlings, can stay.

Peter Jackson or Ron Gauci - Chief Executive Officer, Would love Jackson to stay on, but if not Gauci would be a great candidate after all the great work he's done at Storm.

A more experienced and strong team there. Wouldn't be easy to land, but it's a team of people that i'd be very confident could lead us out of the current mess that we find ourselves in.

John Northey – Senior Coach, Come in on a 3 year deal and to hand the reigns over after that time. Has done the hard yards before and capable of doing it again, still involved in the game. Is experienced and would be a lot cheaper then other experienced coaches.

Whats he doing these days?

Havent heard anything aboutr Swooper for a long time

Whats he doing these days?

Havent heard anything aboutr Swooper for a long time

Coaching up in Ballarat. The Swans I believe.

This is a guy who took us to the finals after a 22 year dark period

The Tigers after a 12 year period and the Bears to their only Prelim.

The man knows how to rebuild confidence in shattered clubs.

Coaching up in Ballarat. The Swans I believe.

This is a guy who took us to the finals after a 22 year dark period

The Tigers after a 12 year period and the Bears to their only Prelim.

The man knows how to rebuild confidence in shattered clubs.

i love Swooper, under him we were on the verge of being a powerhouse and he presided over the toughest most ruthless MFC team since our glory years of the 50s and 60s

But hes been out of the AFL way too long to coach now, surely.

Don McLardy - President

Verdict: Most Likely gone.

Mark Neeld – Senior Coach

Verdict: Gone.

Tim Harrington – General Manager - List Management

Verdict: Gone. Ask anyone inside the industry about him...Absolutely no idea and can barely hold a conversation. Horrendous.

Replacement: Steve Hocking (Geelong)

Todd Viney - General Manager - Player Development & Strategy

Verdict: Stay. In different role however.

Neil Craig - Director Of Sports Performance

Verdict: Gone. Don't be fooled, his record at Adelaide wasn't flash and those who have worked with him say that he is more myth that fact.

Josh Mahoney – Football Manager

Verdict: Gone. In over his head.

Jade Rawlings – Backline Coach

Verdict: Gone. Great fella but has been involved with unsuccessful, after unsuccessful clubs both at the end of his career and as an assistant.

Brian Royal - Midfield Coach

Verdict: Gone. How he has lasted this long as an assistant is staggering considering his record.

Leigh Brown – Forward Line Coach

Verdict: Probably Gone. History says that if the coach goes, so does the assistants he has brought in.

David Misson – Elite Performance Manager

Verdict: Stay. Having to work with a group that was so far off the pace in terms of fitness and workrate that he needs 2-3 more years to get it up to speed.

Edited by thedirtydog24

Don McLardy - President. GO

Mark Neeld – Senior Coach. STAY

Tim Harrington – General Manager - List Management. GO

Todd Viney - General Manager - Player Development & Strategy. STAY

Neil Craig - Director Of Sports Performance. STAY

Josh Mahoney – Football Manager. GO

Jade Rawlings – Backline Coach. GO

Brian Royal - Midfield Coach. GO

Leigh Brown – Forward Line Coach. STAY

David Misson – Elite Performance Manager. STAY

Just remember one thing. Jack, Toumpas and Hogan live at the Viney household. Don't go [censored] up that relationship. For god sake, if he does go, it has to be done properly and mutually or this has epic disaster written all over it.

For mine, he stays and maybe as an assistant coach rather than development manager. He is too experienced and been involved in too many successful clubs to dismiss.

I'd also like for Mahoney to go (too much baggage), and for Craig to become footy manager. It's a good way to streamline the footy department and lines of reporting without losing experience. Plus wtf director of sports performance anyway? Sounds like fluff to me!

Edited by Jaded

Don McL:ardy - President GONE

Mark Neeld – Senior Coach GONE
Tim Harrington – General Manager - List Management 50/50
Todd Viney - General Manager - Player Development & Strategy KEEP

Neil Craig - Director Of Sports Performance GONE
Josh Mahoney – Football Manager GONE

Jade Rawlings – Backline Coach GONE
Brian Royal - Midfield Coach GONE

Leigh Brown – Forward Line Coach KEEP
David Misson – Elite Performance Manager KEEP

Don McL:ardy - President

GO!/ CHALLENGE! I am extremely sick of this bloke, nothing more than a lump of lard. I believe the way he went about the sacking of Cameron Schwab said it all for me. The club needs someone with a backbone, while they paid Scwab out his $1M to leave he also got a pat on the back by McLardy in his final press conference.

Mark Neeld – Senior Coach

SACK! Even-though I find he hasn't actually been able to do his job "to coach" due to lack of player intensity, ultimately he has failed to unite the group and ensure the fundamentals are carried out. His development has been poor and if he remains the club will well and truly go down the gurgler.

Tim Harrington – General Manager - List Management

NOT SURE! Although I believe he is too soft for a business man. I hope the club poach a well established list manager from another club.

Todd Viney - General Manager - Player Development & Strategy

KEEP! This bloke keeps standing up and supporting the club during rain, hail (... of sh*t), or shine.

Neil Craig - Director Of Sports Performance

I'm in two minds and ultimately I don't know enough but one thing I know is he isn't the major problem. Firstly I didn't rate him at Adelaide, I thought he was too structured there and I reckon he has done the same here with Neeld. Although from my limited observations his fitness programs appear excellent and from what I've read he has built a good rapport with players so that is always a positive.

Josh Mahoney – Football Manager

NOT SURE - Don't know enough to pass judgment.

Jade Rawlings – Backline Coach

I don't know enough here to pass judgement. With the midfield being so poor it's hard for the defenders to efficiently dispose of the ball due to a lack of decent leads. Although I must note he is nowhere near as good as Sean Wellman who had it purring (unfortunately left to rejoin his old club Essendon).

Brian Royal - Midfield Coach

SACK! Like a virus, infects anything he touches... and then it turns to sh*t and dies. No more is needed to be said but this guy is a MAJOR problem!

Leigh Brown – Forward Line Coach

SACK or DEMOTE! Too inexperienced for the position, will be better suited for the Forward line development coach (under Forward line coach).

David Misson – Elite Performance Manager

KEEP! He worked at Sydney and St.Kilda during their golden eras, he got both teams to Grand Final fitness. I like the way he goes about he seems ultra professional.

Why? Our player development has been poor. Doesn't mean [censored] that his son plays for us.

Yes it does. We need to show him some loyalty after begging to get him over from Adelaide. He's been recruiting for the last year anyway.

edit: This makes me insanely angry, he played 233 games for this club and even captained it. Why the hell would we boot him off.

Edited by HFF