Moloney, Jones, Sylvia, Frawley and Clarke

tonatopia

Agreed. But what happens when these experienced players are teaching our kids bad habits or in some cases the wrong way to play?

Viscious circle has been created. We do need to recriut experience i have no doubt.

I agree with you also, but recruiting experience isn't as easy as some tend to make out

What's the good in cutting players and recruiting as experienced yes equally average players?

Agreed. But what happens when these experienced players are teaching our kids bad habits or in some cases the wrong way to play?

Viscious circle has been created. We do need to recriut experience i have no doubt.

But do we recruit 'experience' for 'experience's' sake? Or do we go out and trade for and recruit the best players we can with the currency (draft picks/money/tradeable players) we've got?

I think the latter. If the players we think will best help transform the club are 21-23yo, then we should go and get them and not be too swayed by 'age and games played'.

Edited by Range Rover

But do we recruit 'experience' for 'experience's' sake? Or do we go out and trade and recruit the best players we can with the currency (draft picks/money/tradeable players) we've got?

I think the latter. If the players we think will best help transform the club are 21-23yo, then we should go and get them and not be too swayed by 'age and games played'.

We recruit the best available as we did with Mitch Clark.

We certainly do not hold on to players who are average at best just because they have experience.

I think it's mentality more than anything. Moloney is lazy and as a result unaccountable. He along with others are systematic or our laziness and every week it puts our defence under unwarranted pressure, because opposition midfielders are running freely.

This is one of the poorest posts I've ever seen. Take a tranquiliser. A big one and go to bed. You obviously know absolutely F'all about football players. Troll.

• Like 1

We certainly do not hold on to players who are average at best just because they have experience.

I've got an idea......Why don't we just trade all our over 25's players with baulk .....and just get the draftees to play , year in and year out.......Then we can complain on DLand every week and all feel superior to these silly little men running the club, who don't have a clue.......We can then get on Dland and pick the side.....decide who should not wear the jumper again........We could all get a pick at the draft. It will be wonderful.......I just can't wait.............Fair dinkem
  • Like 1

I've got an idea......Why don't we just trade all our over 25's players with baulk .....and just get the draftees to play , year in and year out.......Then we can complain on DLand every week and all feel superior to these silly little men running the club, who don't have a clue.......We can then get on Dland and pick the side.....decide who should not wear the jumper again........We could all get a pick at the draft. It will be wonderful.......I just can't wait.............Fair dinkem

Your idea not mine. And a most silly one.

It's funny really how people's perceptions are based all in the last 12 months

Sure, Brent dominated weaker teams last year and was GENERALLY poor against the better teams LAST YEAR

However, in previous years, Brent has been one of our better performer in losses against good teams

Brent had a very good 2009 and 2010 and we had plenty of losses those years

(oh and if you want an example, QB vs Collingwood in 2010 (eventual premiers) Brent had about 35 - 40 touches)

Before last year he showed next to nothing IMO. First year he didn't look as slow. First year he started to kick to the advantage of his team mates, rather than his signature up and unders, which he'd made a facet of his game since moving from Geelong.

I've never rated him. Last year he [censored] me off, performing against weaker sides and not giving a yelp against ANY decent opposition. He is indicative of where we are at. The fact that some supporters are wraps for him is more to do with our dearth of midfield guns over the years. Just as it was with McLean. So glad we got rid of him, yet still people were whinging about that trade. Can't get a game for the Bullants now. Moloney is a B grader at best, with no defensive side to his game whatsoever.

Not if he's not touching it.

Not really.

Every side needs someone to be calling the lines and marshalling the lads. Especially when you're playing a press. I'd expect Rivers does it from the backline and Moloney from the midfield.

So the pointing and barking is probably more constructive than anything.

This is one of the poorest posts I've ever seen. Take a tranquiliser. A big one and go to bed. You obviously know absolutely F'all about football players. Troll.

Thanks a lot. If you don't know by now that the modern game is hugely reliant on midfield pressure, then you haven't been watching very closely or lack the mental capacity to do so. It's Time to open your eyes. And do you really need to [censored]-can fellow MFC supporters for stating their opinion? Good on ya mate. The embodiment of troll becomes you.

Edited by AdamFarr

And do you really need to [censored]-can fellow MFC supporters for stating their opinion? Good on ya mate. The embodiment of troll becomes you.

Do YOU really need to [censored]-can our BnF and leading brownlow vote getter? Opinions are fine, but just flat out over the top bagging a player is a troll effort.

Guest José Mourinho

Do YOU really need to [censored]-can our BnF and leading brownlow vote getter? Opinions are fine, but just flat out over the top bagging a player is a troll effort.

You REALLY need to let go about the B&F and brownlow votes.

In such a putrid year those results mean little.

You REALLY need to let go about the B&F and brownlow votes.

In such a putrid year those results mean little.

Ha! Let go says the guy who finds a way to bag Moloney in nearly every post.

Sorry mate, did my facts get in the way of your blind hatred for one of our players?

Guest José Mourinho

Ha! Let go says the guy who finds a way to bag Moloney in nearly every post.

Sorry mate, did my facts get in the way of your blind hatred for one of our players?

What facts?

Include the context of those facts.

I haven't got a blind hatred, I like the guy.

But his presence on the MFC list is not what's best for the club.

What facts?

Include the context of those facts.

I haven't got a blind hatred, I like the guy.

But his presence on the MFC list is not what's best for the club.

Reigning BnF.

Top 10 Brownlow.

How you like them apples?

Yep. Context?

Player plays for Melbourne.

We barrack for Melbourne.

You keep bagging out this player from Melbourne.

Player from Melbourne is not as terrible as you make out.

Sick of hearing you bag out the same player over and over, yet you argue about me using facts over and over to support my side of opinion.

Guest José Mourinho

I'm sorry, but I don't blindly believe someone is a superstar and should be championed for subpar performances, just because he plays for the club I support.

Context:

Brownlow and B&F votes whilst playing for a club in the doldrums where he has very little competition for those votes.

Where it is easy to look good, with all the dross around him, for doing one thing very very well.

It also says nothing for his deficiencies.

Unfortunately there are many, and the things he was doing well, he no longer is, and even if he was, it is not enough in my book.

Ever heard of an average girl with an ugly friend?

When a team performs as poorly as it did last year, and one player was the best of a bad lot, and wasn't even consistently good, but rather looked good only against poor opposition, then I don't put much value on it.

• Like 1

I'm sorry, but I don't blindly believe someone is a superstar and should be championed for subpar performances, just because he plays for the club I support.

Context:

Brownlow and B&F votes whilst playing for a club in the doldrums where he has very little competition for those votes.

Where it is easy to look good, with all the dross around him, for doing one thing very very well.

It also says nothing for his deficiencies.

Unfortunately there are many, and the things he was doing well, he no longer is, and even if he was, it is not enough in my book.

Ever heard of an average girl with an ugly friend?

When a team performs as poorly as it did last year, and one player was the best of a bad lot, and wasn't even consistently good, but rather looked good only against poor opposition, then I don't put much value on it.

Superstar? Championed? Ummm.... Maybe you live in Exaggeration land, but I never said anything of the sort. Don't underrate the brownlow votes, remember how many games we won last year? And IS IT that easy to look good when you have very little support? Plus, your "ugly friend" analogy is probably the biggest stretch I've read in quite a while.

I've never said the guy is a superstar, or even in the best 10-20 players in the comp, but I'm a REALLY sick of how much he's getting bagged lately when you consider the performances of most of his 21 other buddies out there. He's not Judd, he's not Abblett, he's Moloney, and he's an important player for us. Period.

• Like 1

Not really.

Every side needs someone to be calling the lines and marshalling the lads. Especially when you're playing a press. I'd expect Rivers does it from the backline and Moloney from the midfield.

So the pointing and barking is probably more constructive than anything.

I would hope and think it is the job of the leaders and maybe there is too much pointing by players who need to get on with the job.

Guest José Mourinho

Superstar? Championed? Ummm.... Maybe you live in Exaggeration land, but I never said anything of the sort. Don't underrate the brownlow votes, remember how many games we won last year? And IS IT that easy to look good when you have very little support? Plus, your "ugly friend" analogy is probably the biggest stretch I've read in quite a while.

I've never said the guy is a superstar, or even in the best 10-20 players in the comp, but I'm a REALLY sick of how much he's getting bagged lately when you consider the performances of most of his 21 other buddies out there. He's not Judd, he's not Abblett, he's Moloney, and he's an important player for us. Period.

Yes, you have championed him. Get a dictionary if you don't understand the term.

You don't get it, and/or you don't agree, and you're welcome to do that.

I'm also allowed to have my point of view on the matter.

And as long as the topic is discussed, you'll continue to hear it.

You totally missed the point of my last post. The point I was making was there was no need to get personal with each other, just because you disagree with another's viewpoint. We all support the same team. Difference of opinion is fine. If we all agreed on everything, it'd make for a pretty dull messageboard.

There's nothing 'over the top' about my bagging. It's simply my opinion. He doesn't stand up when we really need him and never has. Apparently opinions aren't fine unless they align with your own views.

Edited by AdamFarr

Fact is a Mitch Clark doesn't come around every trade time

Fact is we've wooed players for trade in the past with no luck

We were fortunate to have a very attractive package available for Clark

People seem to live in hope we're going to be able to dislodge these experienced guns from other clubs, but it's mainly fantasy and wishful thinking

Who are we going to dislodge and intice over.....and let's be realistic

People seem to think we can just make an offer to Adelaide / Dangerfield and he's ours.....if it were that easy, we'd be doing it every year. All Clubs would.

But let's look at reality.

How many guns get traded each year?

So the reality of the situation is, we'd be trading in average experienced players, and delisting / trading out average experienced players.

Trade for trades sake.....and pointless

We'd then be facing yet another bout of "ripping the heart out of the club" as we did with Jnrmac and the subsequent flow on effect

Before last year he showed next to nothing IMO. First year he didn't look as slow. First year he started to kick to the advantage of his team mates, rather than his signature up and unders, which he'd made a facet of his game since moving from Geelong.

I've never rated him. Last year he [censored] me off, performing against weaker sides and not giving a yelp against ANY decent opposition. He is indicative of where we are at. The fact that some supporters are wraps for him is more to do with our dearth of midfield guns over the years. Just as it was with McLean. So glad we got rid of him, yet still people were whinging about that trade. Can't get a game for the Bullants now. Moloney is a B grader at best, with no defensive side to his game whatsoever.

Last year against St Kilda, Collingwood and the Dogs (all losses, all teams better than us) Moloney was one of our best

And please enlighten me to WHO in God's name is whinging about the McLean trade????