Sideshow Bob

13 hours ago, ProperDee said:

Last week you said that Seb Gotch and Dan Worrall weren’t up to it!  (despite Worrall being possibly the best swing bowler in the country). All of a sudden they are legends. You also canned Zampa who is a walk up start for the World Cup squad.

You’re a great judge mate!  Thankfully you are not a cricket selector.

They both surprised me I think your overrating Worrall he's played 1 good game plenty of good bowlers ahead of him, prefer Boland not sure what's happened to him.

Zampa may make the squad but he's no certainty to be in the best 11. I do get a bit emotional though the bowling against the Heat was [censored].

The track is a decent one (albeit a little slow) but the Renegades need to find a way to get to 140-150 (currently 5-102 off 16 overs) 

Haven't watched much this year but I've tuned in for the final without any allegiance for either side. 

I'll repeat the same thing I did against the Heat. Too many holes in the team. Maddinson must retire the worst cricketer I've seen in a long time. 

Bit of fun here but any club that Eddie has involvement with normally chock. That would have to be the worst effort I have seen from so called professional cricketers.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Docs Demons said:

Bit of fun here but any club that Eddie has involvement with normally chock. That would have to be the worst effort I have seen from so called professional cricketers.

And possibly a great fillip for the caper too DD.  I watched it and was a little bored until the great collapse happened.  Then I was totally engaged. 

Eddie pre-match talking about the Stars winning as being like Collingwood winning a GF just added to the aftermath-drama.   There is now a divide between the Stars & Rengades with villains on both sides.  A geographic divide too by the looks of it.

The rest of the teams and comp come along for the ride.  Rivalries & tribalism can happen elsewhere - it's what the Big Bash needs.  Fantasy sports surrounding t20 could become popular too.

They just have to get all the scheduling right. 

• 10 months later...

Go the mighty Stars they are a lot better than last year and it is their championship to lose. Stoinis and Maxwell in fine form.

• 2 weeks later...

3 losses in a row now troubling times. Stoinis so important to the team needs to get runs on Friday.

15 minutes ago, WERRIDEE said:

3 losses in a row now troubling times. Stoinis so important to the team needs to get runs on Friday.

Big front runners as in the past and struggle big time if Stoinis and Maxwell fail. No back up in the batting at all. Heat if they get in or Sixers for me. Stars are just like the morning. They are fading.

How bad are the stars? They can't bat. Gotch and Larkin aren't up to it and Maddinson is a dud. Well it looks like we will go out in straight sets disappointing us again.

Very little chance of the final going ahead by the looks of it.  The rain doesn't look like stopping up North

And to not play the actual final is truly backwater stuff.  And I have no dog in the fight as I have very little interest in t20 cricket as a while

But you've got to play the final .. it's no longer 1978.

On 2/7/2020 at 1:41 PM, Macca said:

The rain doesn't look like stopping up North

As it's turned out we've got a match after all ... that ground drains well.

On 1/31/2020 at 9:45 PM, WERRIDEE said:

How bad are the stars? They can't bat. Gotch and Larkin aren't up to it and Maddinson is a dud. Well it looks like we will go out in straight sets disappointing us again.

Can your lads chase down 116 in 12 overs? ... if Maxwell,  Stoinis or Handscomb get going it's certainly achievable.

I'm just glad the game went ahead ... with no reserve day we could have seen an embarrassing outcome for the new form of cricket.

T20 isn't my cup of tea but the shortened version does offer a lot more pathways for young cricketers. Helps the sport as a whole.

And now it's raining again.  Ugh.

Stars did their normal thing and chocked big time. Never liked teams with no guts and that is in all sports. This stars team have none at all. Front runners and pretty boys. Marcus hits it to some one that just moved there and Maxy goes the big slog against a class bowler and misses.Game over as they have no decent back up although Larkin has proved himself. The rest of the Batters should get back to club cricket quick.

Well a disappointing end should have batted first but at least we didn't go out in straight sets. Larkin proved his worth. Cartwright going down was a blow. Maddinson and Dunk are duds and should be delisted. Sixers too strong but if we can make a few changes we will be right up there again.