Why I support Schwab's position

Harrisonrules

Cameron Schwabs call for a review at the beginning of this year came under criticism from some quarters. One of his most pertinent comments was that the game keeps moving forward and his concern was that one must not fall behind.

Paul Roos article in the Herald/Sun this morning concerning the forward press was most enlightening. His explanation that the game does not stand still and that the best football minds are constantly at work looking for ways to counteract and overcome the existing successful strategies is fundamental to the nature of the best leaders coaches. His was a good example of what Cameron Schwab was saying.

Across society we are well aware of good leaders and those who are most innovative. Some situations work well with conservative and cautious leaders. Other situations require more intuitive imaginative leaders. There are several personality indicators that are used to make such assessments. These do not place one as better than the other, but seek appropriate leaders for appropriate jobs.

My assessment suggests that Dean Bailey has the skills more akin to the concervative, analytical personality. He presented himself to the selection committee originally as a developmental/teacher/ coach, and impressed the committee with his computer display. He regularly sprooks, statistics (eg. reguired games in premiership players) These skills speak of 'where one has been rather than where one is going'. While I do not know the man but from what I have observed and heard on the 'grape vine' from some more connected and certainly other less connected sources I have not seen signs that suggest he is strong on the intuitive visionary skills. In a word we are bogged down in micro management and lack the macro vision.

I suspect Cameron Schwab is trying to deal with this and am glad someone at the club is trying to do something about it. Is there some division in the club/administration/ board etc. Of course because there will always be some who are more oriented Deans way and others who are oriented the Paul Roos way. The club needs both. I hope Camerons work is repected by all those copncerned

Cameron Schwabs call for a review at the beginning of this year came under criticism from some quarters. One of his most pertinent comments was that the game keeps moving forward and his concern was that one must not fall behind.

Paul Roos article in the Herald/Sun this morning concerning the forward press was most enlightening. His explanation that the game does not stand still and that the best football minds are constantly at work looking for ways to counteract and overcome the existing successful strategies is fundamental to the nature of the best leaders coaches. His was a good example of what Cameron Schwab was saying.

Across society we are well aware of good leaders and those who are most innovative. Some situations work well with conservative and cautious leaders. Other situations require more intuitive imaginative leaders. There are several personality indicators that are used to make such assessments. These do not place one as better than the other, but seek appropriate leaders for appropriate jobs.

My assessment suggests that Dean Bailey has the skills more akin to the concervative, analytical personality. He presented himself to the selection committee originally as a developmental/teacher/ coach, and impressed the committee with his computer display. He regularly sprooks, statistics (eg. reguired games in premiership players) These skills speak of 'where one has been rather than where one is going'. While I do not know the man but from what I have observed and heard on the 'grape vine' from some more connected and certainly other less connected sources I have not seen signs that suggest he is strong on the intuitive visionary skills. In a word we are bogged down in micro management and lack the macro vision.

I suspect Cameron Schwab is trying to deal with this and am glad someone at the club is trying to do something about it. Is there some division in the club/administration/ board etc. Of course because there will always be some who are more oriented Deans way and others who are oriented the Paul Roos way. The club needs both. I hope Camerons work is repected by all those copncerned

I think Dean has done his job very well over the last 3-4 years, But his job is now done.

This Club needs a Top Line Coach to take the next step, i am happy if Dean is retained as a very knowledgeable assistant of this list.

But the time for change is now.

Our older players are good, but i do not think they have ever been coached to there Maximum.

Brad Greens best game for the Demons is still the 2000 Qualifying Final. Our Senior and Leadership group players need to be coached and pushed harder.

We have the Talent, but it is not and has never to this point been fully optimized.

Game time experience is one thing. Extracting quality out of those games is another.

I think Dean has done his job very well over the last 3-4 years, But his job is now done.

This Club needs a Top Line Coach to take the next step, i am happy if Dean is retained as a very knowledgeable assistant of this list.

Our older players are good, but i do not think they have ever been coached to there Maximum.

Brad Greens best game for the Demons is still the 2000 Qualifying Final. Our Senior and Leadership group players need to be coached and pushed harder.

We have the Talent, but it is not and has never to this point been fully optimized.

Game time experience is one thing. Extracting quality out of those games is another.

Well said WYL. Totally agree everthing you said.

WYL i think you are dreaming to believe that DB would stay if he lost the top job.

It is either head coach or out the door.

WYL i think you are dreaming to believe that DB would stay if he lost the top job.

It is either head coach or out the door.

Possibly OD, but i would also cut Dean a small amount of slack considering the last 3 years. But if the Club decide to clean right out, then so be it.

Bailey does know our list well which may help a new coach walking in cold. That said Chris Connolly is also there with Todd Viney.

Possibly OD, but i would also cut Dean a small amount of slack considering the last 3 years. But if the Club decide to clean right out, then so be it.

Bailey does know our list well which may help a new coach walking in cold. That said Chris Connolly is also there with Todd Viney.

There's no way he'll stay when the clean out happens WYL.