NFL

Dappa Dan

I watched some interviews on the club site and they seem to be very happy but you take everything on your own clubs wih a grain o salt.

Can't wait to see him play tho.

Interesting to see who becomes our go to man now that Amendola has left.

Your Packers look like they have gone mad Macca. Vikings coach said they are sick of training camps as well and they want to "Hit some other jeresey's"

The tension from Watts not signing yet must be getting to them.

Your Packers look like they have gone mad Macca. Vikings coach said they are sick of training camps as well and they want to "Hit some other jeresey's"

The tension from Watts not signing yet must be getting to them.

The latest news is that the Packers 'brainwashed' Jennings ...

Perhaps if we get 'Roosey', he can brainwash our midfield into believing they're all Gary Ablett jnr types :)

• Like 1

The latest news is that the Packers 'brainwashed' Jennings ...

Perhaps if we get 'Roosey', he can brainwash our midfield into believing they're all Gary Ablett jnr types :)

I read that. Wouldn't every team have it drilled into them that their divisional rivals are no good? Jennings is stretching this out a bit. Instead of catching bullets from Rodgers I hope he can catch some passes at his ankles from Ponder or he is gonna look stupid.

Edited by cowboy_from_hell

Had our first hot out against th Browns, lost, Bradford looked good when in the game, Tev did not get a catch, if he was amelb player the masses would be telling us we should have drafted ollie wines. :)

I watched the highlights of a few games on NFL.com and you can see they really really manage the minutes to their players.

Got my Rams top on today, I'm getting excited!

• Like 1

I read that. Wouldn't every team have it drilled into them that their divisional rivals are no good? Jennings is stretching this out a bit. Instead of catching bullets from Rodgers I hope he can catch some passes at his ankles from Ponder or he is gonna look stupid.

You wonder if it's all a bit of mind games. Jennings may be using all this to get himself going - who knows? It's all a bit different over there and I'm not really surprised. WR's have a certain reputation to uphold. ^_^

Had our first hot out against th Browns, lost, Bradford looked good when in the game, Tev did not get a catch, if he was amelb player the masses would be telling us we should have drafted ollie wines. :)

I watched the highlights of a few games on NFL.com and you can see they really really manage the minutes to their players.

Got my Rams top on today, I'm getting excited!

Yeah, saw a bit of the highlights of the Preseason games. From what can be gathered, these games can be used to get structures right without any huge emphasis on scores or winning. Offensive and defensive line formations and the like would probably be high on the agenda for all the teams. The top QB's often don't get much of a run but sometimes they do. It's a real mixed bag.

The Packers didn't score against Arizona (Rodgers went 3/5 for 62 yards) but it was good to see our RB James Starks have 12 rushing attempts for 38 yards.

Mark Schlereth said it best ...

"Preseason games don't count ... but they do matter! As a team you learn a ton about yourself"

Vikes go down to Houston and the packers score a doughnut. It doesn't mean anything. Even the team structures aren't on show as no team wants to show their plays off in the pre season. It's a non event but as Melbourne supporters we are used to it. Still I'm glad it's back and tebow got a gig!

Vikes go down to Houston and the packers score a doughnut. It doesn't mean anything. Even the team structures aren't on show as no team wants to show their plays off in the pre season. It's a non event but as Melbourne supporters we are used to it. Still I'm glad it's back and tebow got a gig!

Yeah, you're right but I noticed that Cassel took the majority of the snaps in your game against the Texans - does that mean anything? Does Ponder need to have more than 2 snaps? I suppose we have to look at the 4 games as a whole.

Anyway, in other news ... Andy Reid tried trading for Alex Smith as Eagles coach

For the newly hired Reid, it was a trade many years in the making. That's because he "called the 49ers multiple times to inquire about trading for Smith" during his run with the Philadelphia Eagles, Reid told The New York Times.

Airdropped into a Chiefs franchise that bottomed out last season, Reid and Smith are, at last, a pair. "We'd love to stick it to everybody who thought we couldn't do it," said Smith, "he and I included."

Yeah Macca I thought Ponder should of had more then two snaps thats for sure. He threw a pick with one of his two throws so that's not a good look and purplepride.org went into meltdown! I didn't see anything from the Packers game. Anything to make note of?

Edited by cowboy_from_hell

Yeah Macca I thought Ponder should of had more then two snaps thats for sure. He threw a pick with one of his two throws so that's not a good look and purplepride.org went into meltdown! I didn't see anything from the Packers game. Anything to make note of?

We didn't score :)

No, seriously, I agree with you about the Preseason games and any real benefits are probably not recognised or realised by the fans.

Within the teams there would be some positives but as you said in an earlier post, teams would be loathe to give too much away (especially with regards to certain plays which might gain good yardage)

Individuals would be trying to make their mark as you can get cut fairly quickly in this sport. Think I'm right in saying that a lot of contracts are not guaranteed.

Detroit might bounce back in our division. I wouldn't be writing them off and I know you've got them first up. The Bears will be interesting to watch without Lovie Smith. Their new coach, Mark Trestman, has spent the last 5 years with Montreal in the CFL.

As usual, ours will be a tough division to advance from. 10 wins should get the job done but Chicago went 10/6 last year and missed the playoffs. In fact, if the Packers had dropped one of our 2 games to the Bears last season, Chicago would have won the division. And Lovie Smith might have kept his job. It's a fine line.

We didn't score :)

No, seriously, I agree with you about the Preseason games and any real benefits are probably not recognised or realised by the fans.

Within the teams there would be some positives but as you said in an earlier post, teams would be loathe to give too much away (especially with regards to certain plays which might gain good yardage)

Individuals would be trying to make their mark as you can get cut fairly quickly in this sport. Think I'm right in saying that a lot of contracts are not guaranteed.

Detroit might bounce back in our division. I wouldn't be writing them off and I know you've got them first up. The Bears will be interesting to watch without Lovie Smith. Their new coach, Mark Trestman, has spent the last 5 years with Montreal in the CFL.

As usual, ours will be a tough division to advance from. 10 wins should get the job done but Chicago went 10/6 last year and missed the playoffs. In fact, if the Packers had dropped one of our 2 games to the Bears last season, Chicago would have won the division. And Lovie Smith might have kept his job. It's a fine line.

Vikings backup Full back scored a 61 yard TD and I didn't know who he was. Our division will be strong again and Detroit can easily bounce back. Dunno about the bears. I don't think Lovie should have gone. As you said if their record was the same but they made the playoffs he would be there. 10-6 is a good year. That's what the Vikes finished on. The bears started off last season so strong. Their defense would always strip the ball and Cutler wouldn't have to do much. But their pass protection was awful and it all fell apart but it wasn't a complete disaster. 8-8 could see you last in the NFC North that's tough.

Saffold getting injured did not help, I can't seem to see what the extent is but shoulder/collarbone is what I thought when they showed the highlights.

Not a good start.

A good pre season is no injuries in my mind. I couldn't give a stuff about form at all. DT Sharrif Floyd was one of our first round picks in the draft (We had 3 :) ) He got injured. I pray that Peterson never gets injured again. If you want to see a 29 year old man cry watch me if he is injured.

• Like 2

An interesting read -I must have missed this until now.

I'm a Seahawks man and they are about as far away from mfc at the moment so screw AFL I'll watch them with my game pass in between my baby crying :).

I'm predicting the broncos will missfire this season and the cardinals will be a big surprise. Not sure if all the money on Wallace will work at Miami.

Really wonder whether the Detroit Lions are channelling a bit of the Dees? Maybe we could take two leaves from the NO Saints - start wearing bags over our faces out of shame then do a voodoo ritual to turn things around??

I'm a Seahawks man and they are about as far away from mfc at the moment so screw AFL I'll watch them with my game pass in between my baby crying :).

I'm predicting the broncos will missfire this season and the cardinals will be a big surprise. Not sure if all the money on Wallace will work at Miami.

Really wonder whether the Detroit Lions are channelling a bit of the Dees? Maybe we could take two leaves from the NO Saints - start wearing bags over our faces out of shame then do a voodoo ritual to turn things around??

There's some good threads away from the footy boards. We've got 4 or 5 San Francisco fans and a few Rams fans on this thread so get ready for some spirited debate. You don't see many arguments here which is a pleasant departure from some of the footy threads. We could do with a few more people posting and there's usually a lot to talk about. A weeks a long time in the NFL and the rule of thumb is whatever was said last week means nothing a week later!

Seattle should be right up there again but my mob owe you one from last year - I'm a Packers man! We'd have to meet in the playoffs for that to happen although I noticed we play your blokes in a Preseason game next weekend. At Lambeau.

'cfh' suggested we do our predictions for the year and my early smoky is Dallas. No idea why because they nearly always find a way to self destruct. Just reckon they're due for some good luck. KC could get amongst it as well but probably not enough to get into the playoffs. Not sure on the Broncos - Peyton still manages games very well and he's still a champ.

How do you reckon Wilson will go in his 2nd year?

I have the broncos down as champs. Gotta love pre season predictions. Sliding down in my inferior mind is the Pats: No receiving core and the Skins: RG3 to have second year blues and is coming back from a ACL. It takes a super human beast of a man to come back well from a ACL and have his best year. :)

There's some good threads away from the footy boards. We've got 4 or 5 San Francisco fans and a few Rams fans on this thread so get ready for some spirited debate. You don't see many arguments here which is a pleasant departure from some of the footy threads. We could do with a few more people posting and there's usually a lot to talk about. A weeks a long time in the NFL and the rule of thumb is whatever was said last week means nothing a week later!

Seattle should be right up there again but my mob owe you one from last year - I'm a Packers man! We'd have to meet in the playoffs for that to happen although I noticed we play your blokes in a Preseason game next weekend. At Lambeau.

'cfh' suggested we do our predictions for the year and my early smoky is Dallas. No idea why because they nearly always find a way to self destruct. Just reckon they're due for some good luck. KC could get amongst it as well but probably not enough to get into the playoffs. Not sure on the Broncos - Peyton still manages games very well and he's still a champ.

How do you reckon Wilson will go in his 2nd year?

Dallas have no chance because the NFL have come to the conclusion that Dallas not making the playoffs and the Jets finding new ways to implode every year is far more entertaining then bot teams winning. It's half the fun of the NFL.

• Like 2

Dallas have no chance because the NFL have come to the conclusion that Dallas not making the playoffs and the Jets finding new ways to implode every year is far more entertaining then bot teams winning. It's half the fun of the NFL.

Ha! Yes, the story just keeps getting bigger unless the Cowboys make it. It's interesting that they've only had 1 losing season in their last 8 seasons. In amongst those years they've gone 13-3 and 11-5 so they're capable.

Of course, I reserve the right to disavow or repudiate any predictions involving Dallas if 'Jerry' makes any 'off tap' moves like calling the plays from his superbox. Nothing would surprise me with the Cowboys. Can we bet on some of those game changing interceptions from Tony Romo - Yes!

• Like 2

Think Wilson will find it hard to top last season but if the glimpses of him playing in the preseason are anything to go by he might still impress.

Manning was getting very irritated which was a sign that Denver were trying.

I think the cardinals aren't so bad now they have another old but effective QB. Last time they did they got to a bowl with Warner.

don't mind the greenbayers. Love watching the big franchises struggle or miami's own moneyballesque scenario.

thought the Hernandez scenario at NE combined with the disappointment of tebow might effect them maybe??

Texans look ok I think. Though I can't stand them.

Eagles look ok - trying to pretend Vick wasn't always going to be the man kinda like jets fans hoping they dont have to rely on Sanchez but never quite scoring an alternative that works.

my pick is still Seattle ultimately which is cool cause they're my team! Cardinals still my smoky although no one is ever going to beat seattle in that division.