Moloney - regularly broke lines

Morton - almost best form

Rivers - continues to concern

Scully - was well held

Sylvia - enjoyed midfield freedom

Trengove - was relatively quiet

Warnock - took his chances

Watts - must be dropped

Reading the above sounds like a 5 goal victory to the Dees.

Bartram - works hard but hardly excellent!

Bate - standard rusty performance on return

Bennell - must do a lot more

Bruce - finds the ball, but his deficiences are starting to hurt

Davey - needs to stand up when most needed, ie. AT THE START

Garland - needs some angry pills, way too gentle

Green - our only forward

Grimes - good but not great

Gysberts - outstanding

Jamar - lionheart

Jetta - talented but needs to find it more

Jones - competitive

McDonald - very good, yet again

Miller - default performance

Moloney - tries hard, give him credit

Morton - smart, effective

Rivers - reasonable game I thought

Scully - unsighted

Sylvia - OK but underperforming

Trengove - had little effect

Warnock - OK

Watts - must learn to keep his feet, leave him in

Edited by Prof

Why is it that these posts are always titled with ridiculously embarrassing puns on the opposition team name? The Booze? What is this? Creative writing hour at creche?

Stay with it Joeboy. You are showing a little bit of humour to lighten up the starchy posters on the forum. Funny, not in the least embarrassing. I live in Perth and love calling the Eagles 'wet toast'. Can't see anything childish about that.

Keep on with your 3 word analysis. Whether one agrees with all of your thoughts doesn't matter. It's your view and makes interesting reading.

I think that says more about you than the offending posts.

Let it go, you've had your say.

Joeboy has been posting the three word analysis of games for years. It's not easy as you can see when others try and do it.

It's not offended for years, it's not an issue now.

Thanks

Fan

Reading the above sounds like a 5 goal victory to the Dees.

Bartram - works hard but hardly excellent!

Bate - standard rusty performance on return

Bennell - must do a lot more

Bruce - finds the ball, but his deficiences are starting to hurt

Davey - needs to stand up when most needed, ie. AT THE START

Garland - needs some angry pills, way too gentle

Green - our only forward

Grimes - good but not great

Gysberts - outstanding

Jamar - lionheart

Jetta - talented but needs to find it more

Jones - competitive

McDonald - very good, yet again

Miller - a known hack

Moloney - tries hard, give him credit

Morton - smart, effective

Rivers - reasonable game I thought

Scully - unsighted

Sylvia - OK but underperforming

Trengove - had little effect

Warnock - OK

Watts - must learn to keep his feet, leave him in

That pretty much sums it up I reckon, much closer to the truth than the opening post. We were pretty bad yesterday so let's not sugar coat it.

Dunn and McKenzie are a must for next week and we need an outside mid or two to take the handballs from the guys that are getting it out of the packs.

Do you think holding them back last week was a hindrance (maybe their confidence was growing each week they played, and not playing has set them back in that regard)?

In which case, they should be up for blinders next week!

These two are NOT going to influence games playing as flankers or wingers. They seemed to get very little time on the ball, and when they did, they were targeted and got no help from teammates. We recruited them to boost our midfield, which was the worst in the AFL; they're already our best on-ballers, why not play them there?

Bartram - didn't see much

Bate - pretty damn crap

Bennell - rarely got it

Bruce - great rebounding work

Davey - maybe the worst

Garland - very solid game

Green - great marking

Grimes - fairly good game

Gysberts - rising star nomination

Jamar - yet another ripper

Jetta - pretty quiet game

Jones - 1 great quarter

McDonald - tagged Judd brilliantly

Miller - out for Dunn/Hughes

Moloney - great contested play

Morton - more like it

Rivers - possibly trade bait?

Scully - first quiet game

Sylvia - possibly regaining form

Trengove - see Scully

Warnock - check O'hAiLpin's stats

Watts - one's not enough

Thats more like it!

Is it just me or has anyone else noted his habit of trailing behind the ball as it goes over the line?

I'm with you Robbie.

He has been doing that for a while. No urgency to his game whatsoever, especially when the

ball is in dispute.

A number of times yesterday when he was running after the ball it looked like he was just jogging

along, willing it to roll over the boundary line, even when there were no opposition players on his hammer.

It's sad. Really seems like he has lost it. Has to go at seasons end for mine.

I'm with you Robbie.

He has been doing that for a while. No urgency to his game whatsoever, especially when the

ball is in dispute.

A number of times yesterday when he was running after the ball it looked like he was just jogging

along, willing it to roll over the boundary line, even when there were no opposition players on his hammer.

I'd like to see him play forward from now on I think he's too slow to react in the back line now. He seems to take forever to get down and pick up the ball and even if he's 10 mtrs clear by the time he has the ball the opposition are on him; this causes him to hurry his disposal and turn it over. I reckon he has a lot to offer still but I just don't like to see him in the backline I worry every time he's put under pressure now and the business of trailing the ball over the line has been going on for a while now.

I'm with you Robbie.

ball is in dispute.

Have you ever thought the boundary line is a safer option in defence?( Ask John Beckwith that one. You probably don't know who he is, but never mind, you are only young and inexperienced in knowing what it takes to be a successful footballer}. No use keeping it in play and getting pinged. Bruce's playing days are far from over. That's for sure.