• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Whiteboard Wednesday Wk 4

Keyser Söze

Again, I enjoy the concept here, but the subject matter has been so vague it's just a little unsatisfying. I almost feel like I'm getting a look behind the scenes but then wind up not...

Naturally I appreciate we can't be giving away any sensitive information on the internet and I admit I'm not sure I know what it is I want. Just...somehow more...

Again, I enjoy the concept here, but the subject matter has been so vague it's just a little unsatisfying. I almost feel like I'm getting a look behind the scenes but then wind up not...

Naturally I appreciate we can't be giving away any sensitive information on the internet and I admit I'm not sure I know what it is I want. Just...somehow more...

Hopefully that is what the "Before the Bounce" Package will provide...

Interesting stuff although I find Schwabby uses a bit too much MBA speak for my simple tastes.

But listening to this weeks Whiteboard did provide an interesting insight into how the Club values and measures improvement in players.

In the interests of brevity they rank players between 1 and 7 ((7 being the best) on four characteristics:

1. Football Skills

2. Physical abilities

3. Game sense

4. Character

So I thought I do a quick exercise using these factors.

I have only used the first three measures as I do not have any insight into the leadership qualities and character of the playing list.

IMHO right here and now our ten most valuable players (expressed as a possible score of 21) are:

Davey 19/21

Grimes 17/21

Green 17/21

Morton 16/21

McDonald 15/21

Jurrah 14/21

Frawley 13/21

Rivers 13/21

Trengove 12/21

Sylvia 12/21

The ten players on our current list with the greatest improvement to come (as expressed as a % of current score) are:

Watts 180%

Fitzpatrick 171%

Scully 164%

Healey 157%

Gysberts 150%

Spencer 140%

Tapscott 133%

Bell 125%

Newton 125%

Trengove 125%

The ten most valuable players in three years time will be:

Watts

Scully

Grimes

Morton

Davey

Trengove

Jurrah

Sylvia

Garland

Frawley

Gawn

The ten least valuable players in three years time will be:

Bruce

McDonald

Spencer

Moloney

Miller

Meesen

Warnock

Bell

Johnson

Green

Finally, in doing this exercise I used 4 as the obvious mid point between 1 and 7 to measure players both now and in the futue on each criteria. In my mind 4 represented an average standard for an AFL player. If your list averaged 4, your team was likely to finish around the middle of the ladder.

Currently I ranked our list on average at 3.68 i.e. below average.

By 2013 my average rating was 4.10.

Certainly an improvement - but enough to win a flag.

Not sure?

http://bigpondvideo.com/AFL/255610

Here's the link... desperately waiting for it to be uploaded to youtube.

Ah. I get no video satisfaction.

No Video.

I'm a firefox user but I opened Internet explorer & opened whiteboard wednesday, twice today, only to get audio, No video.

Having trouble with Thunderbird fighting with Outlook Express as well.

Interesting stuff although I find Schwabby uses a bit too much MBA speak for my simple tastes.

But listening to this weeks Whiteboard did provide an interesting insight into how the Club values and measures improvement in players.

In the interests of brevity they rank players between 1 and 7 ((7 being the best) on four characteristics:

1. Football Skills

2. Physical abilities

3. Game sense

4. Character

So I thought I do a quick exercise using these factors.

I have only used the first three measures as I do not have any insight into the leadership qualities and character of the playing list.

IMHO right here and now our ten most valuable players (expressed as a possible score of 21) are:

Davey 19/21

Grimes 17/21

Green 17/21

Morton 16/21

McDonald 15/21

Jurrah 14/21

Frawley 13/21

Rivers 13/21

Trengove 12/21

Sylvia 12/21

The ten players on our current list with the greatest improvement to come (as expressed as a % of current score) are:

Watts 180%

Fitzpatrick 171%

Scully 164%

Healey 157%

Gysberts 150%

Spencer 140%

Tapscott 133%

Bell 125%

Newton 125%

Trengove 125%

The ten most valuable players in three years time will be:

Watts

Scully

Grimes

Morton

Davey

Trengove

Jurrah

Sylvia

Garland

Frawley

Gawn

The ten least valuable players in three years time will be:

Bruce

McDonald

Spencer

Moloney

Miller

Meesen

Warnock

Bell

Johnson

Green

Finally, in doing this exercise I used 4 as the obvious mid point between 1 and 7 to measure players both now and in the futue on each criteria. In my mind 4 represented an average standard for an AFL player. If your list averaged 4, your team was likely to finish around the middle of the ladder.

Currently I ranked our list on average at 3.68 i.e. below average.

By 2013 my average rating was 4.10.

Certainly an improvement - but enough to win a flag.

Not sure?

Where is Jordie Mckenzie mentioned in your outlook??

I have got too much time on my hands - but I can't go by a day without dreaming and scheming of how we can rise up the ladder in the years to come.

In answer to Why you... and Glenn Honey's....

McKenzie - is in the next ten most valuable players by 2013 but athletically he will have to develop some of the attributes of someone like Cameron Ling to become an elite AFL player.

Tapscott & Gysbert - both are just embarking on an AFL career and therefore have no exposed form to go on. I have them both in the next ten most valuable players but its just too early to nominate them as an "above average" AFL player when mature.

Did anyone catch CS mentioning players in our list who appear to excel in the areas of Football Skills, Physical Skills and Personal Skills... yet fail in the dept of Game Skills?

Any thoughts on who he might be referring to..?

(possibly half our list)

I'd have thought Bell, Miller and Dunn would be prime examples.

I would like to ask this question, and here seems like the right place to do it; Does anybody else find stats and predicting projections etc with stats a pointless exercise? At the end of the day they are just numbers. What is the need for analysing stats when it can't change what has happened and won't soley be the catalyst for change?

I just see it as mental masturbation. This is in no way a knock to any posters here whatsoever.

I would like to ask this question, and here seems like the right place to do it; Does anybody else find stats and predicting projections etc with stats a pointless exercise? At the end of the day they are just numbers. What is the need for analysing stats when it can't change what has happened and won't soley be the catalyst for change?

I just see it as mental masturbation. This is in no way a knock to any posters here whatsoever.

Not at all.

I think it is a very useful tool for appraisal of things such as your list.

It's called Quality Management.

This is the 'business' side of footy.