What should a team expect from its highest paid player?

Yze_Magic

Its a shame Bruce never lived up to those lofty heights. I remember him absolutely destroying James hird in the Troy Broadbridge match. At one stage after again outplaying hirdy and leaving him for dead in the centre square hird slammed the ground in anger. You didnt see that very often.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yze....

Please reply to Dappa and Maurie.... We are all waiting for your intelligence to grace our screens.

Supporters like Dappa and others are the reason this club has been wallowing in mediocrity for 45 years.

Why would I give them the satisfaction of arguing with them? They are so blind to the teams problems that its sickening.

According to them, Bruce is a star and everything is roses with the MFC.

No wonder Demon supporters have such a bad name.

Supporters like Dappa and others are the reason this club has been wallowing in mediocrity for 45 years.

Why would I give them the satisfaction of arguing with them? They are so blind to the teams problems that its sickening.

You really are an ANKLES COUNTRY MEMBER!!!

One day when you grow up you will find out what that means.

Here is a test for you.

Find another player in the AFL who has been top 10 for their club for the last 10 years.

and.

Has played all over the ground and has kicked more goals than games played.

Can you accept the challenge?

Same stock answer every time you are confronted. How about a new punch line YZE? A bit of originality would be good from a boy of your intelligence. Do you really think what we write influences MFC? Dream on mate.

Same stock answer every time you are confronted. How about a new punch line YZE? A bit of originality would be good from a boy of your intelligence. Do you really think what we write influences MFC? Dream on mate.

When did I say what we write influences the MFC?

I am not sure where you are coming from.

When did I say what we write influences the MFC?

I am not sure where you are coming from.

If you don't think MFC are listening to you, why bother to write anything? All you do is to force your opinion on other posters here. We are waiting for your answer to 'Realist'. Come on mate, make our night! Remember, you are the guy with balls who is fearless with his warped opinions and will write his thoughts against the majority.

You really are an ANKLES COUNTRY MEMBER!!!

One day when you grow up you will find out what that means.

Here is a test for you.

Find another player in the AFL who has been top 10 for their club for the last 10 years.

and.

We are waiting for your answer to 'Realist'. Come on mate, make our night! Remember, you are the guy with balls who is fearless with his warped opinions and will write his thoughts against the majority.

Stephen Milne.

Now how do you both feel?

:lol::lol::lol:

Sensational in the BACKLINE????

Wonderful in the MIDFIELD????

ANKLES< You have surpassed yourself!!!!

Has played back pocket, and midfield.

Come back to me when you watch some footy.

And I would take Milne over Bruce any day.

Has played back pocket, and midfield.

Come back to me when you watch some footy.

And I would take Milne over Bruce any day.

Milne was great on Buckley???

Hell , he killed Hird that day???

Burton just did not know what to do ??

That answer shows not only what an ANKLES you are

BUT

HOW MUCH OF A FOOL!!!!!!

You guys should quit arguing like schoolboys. Y_M is entitled to his opinion and although this hate of Bruce is repeatedly brought to the table I can see why he gets frustrated. To me, Bruce has no composure and shocking execution. Those two flaws combined are detrimental to the team to say the least. Players are constantly put under the pump by him because his passes either by hand or foot are pathetic and not well thought through at all. Watch Cam's ball drop, it is a recipe for disaster. Although Bruce isn't directly turning the ball over, I will hang my hat on at least half a dozen turnovers a match being a result of an infamous Cameron Bruce 'Panic Attack' handball.

When is the last time we saw a courageous, team lifting act from Bruce? Brad Green is inspirational on a weekly basis, hell he even broke his jaw contesting a 50/50 ball. This is the kind of example we need from our leaders. A kamikaze attack on the ball should be a pre-requisite for being part of the leadership group. Not a half arsed, lazy ability to get the outside ball and deliver utter crap to teammates. Clearly Bruce cannot be dropped because he is held in high regard by all at the club and is a mentor to the younger players. But jeez, he isn't deserving of a game at the moment based purely on form.

Y To me, Bruce has no composure and shocking execution. Those two flaws combined are detrimental to the team to say the least. Players are constantly put under the pump by him because his passes either by hand or foot are pathetic and not well thought through at all. Watch Cam's ball drop, it is a recipe for disaster. Although Bruce isn't directly turning the ball over, I will hang my hat on at least half a dozen turnovers a match being a result of an infamous Cameron Bruce 'Panic Attack' handball.

When is the last time we saw a courageous, team lifting act from Bruce? Brad Green is inspirational on a weekly basis, hell he even broke his jaw contesting a 50/50 ball. This is the kind of example we need from our leaders. A kamikaze attack on the ball should be a pre-requisite for being part of the leadership group. Not a half arsed, lazy ability to get the outside ball and deliver utter crap to teammates. Clearly Bruce cannot be dropped because he is held in high regard by all at the club and is a mentor to the younger players. But jeez, he isn't deserving of a game at the moment based purely on form.

Great post.

Absolute gold actually.

But the sheep like Dappa Dan, Realist and Bobby McKenkie will no doubt try and discredit it.

Prepare for them to tell you that Bruce was leading the Brownlow after 4 rounds back in the year 1784, as some sort of justification for his huge contract and vice captaincy.

You guys should quit arguing like schoolboys. Y_M is entitled to his opinion and although this hate of Bruce is repeatedly brought to the table I can see why he gets frustrated. To me, Bruce has no composure and shocking execution. Those two flaws combined are detrimental to the team to say the least. Players are constantly put under the pump by him because his passes either by hand or foot are pathetic and not well thought through at all. Watch Cam's ball drop, it is a recipe for disaster. Although Bruce isn't directly turning the ball over, I will hang my hat on at least half a dozen turnovers a match being a result of an infamous Cameron Bruce 'Panic Attack' handball.

Your answer belies the question for YM to answer.

You , unlike the paid ,newspaper reporters, do not see what they obviously see!!!

I give you the same challenge!!

Name another player who regularly plays in every area of the ground has played more games with more goals.

Obviously the club and coach see it differently from you!!!

Milne was great on Buckley???

Hell , he killed Hird that day???

Burton just did not know what to do ??

That answer shows not only what an ANKLES you are

BUT

HOW MUCH OF A FOOL!!!!!!

You are living in the past realist, are you trying to say Bruce deserves a spot in the MFC's starting 22 in 2009 because of feats he achieved in 2005? On current form (well current is an understatement, I'll say since 2007) he is only in the team because of his position in the leadership group and statistics that flatter him. What a farce it would be to include a player in a leadership group and drop them after 5 games, right? Obviously not going to happen. But not because he is playing well enough to guarantee him a game the following week.

Great post.

Absolute gold actually.

But the sheep like Dappa Dan, Realist and Bobby McKenkie will no doubt try and discredit it.

Prepare for them to tell you that Bruce was leading the Brownlow after 4 rounds back in the year 1784, as some sort of justification for his huge contract and vice captaincy.

That does not get you out of the challenge!!!

It amazes me how many supporters??? seem to get you out of the crap.

When you find out what an ANKLES COUNTRY MEMBER means , no you havent the intelligence to ever know,

you can see what you are really thought of!!!

I still await your serious answer.

Milne as an answer was Pathetic like you.

You are living in the past realist, are you trying to say Bruce deserves a spot in the MFC's starting 22 in 2009 because of feats he achieved in 2005? On current form (well current is an understatement, I'll say since 2007) he is only in the team because of his position in the leadership group and statistics that flatter him. What a farce it would be to include a player in a leadership group and drop them after 5 games, right? Obviously not going to happen. But not because he is playing well enough to guarantee him a game the following week.

Winning the b&f last year meant nothing.

You are as bigger fool!!!

That does not get you out of the challenge!!!

It amazes me how many supporters??? seem to get you out of the crap.

When you find out what an ANKLES COUNTRY MEMBER means , no you havent the intelligence to ever know,

you can see what you are really thought of!!!

I still await your serious answer.

Milne as an answer was Pathetic like you.

As Deemissioner said, you are living in the past.

You know nothing about football.

And you actually think I care what 'ankles country member' means?

Lay off the crack, sunshine.

As Deemissioner said, you are living in the past.

You know nothing about football.

And you actually think I care what 'ankles country member' means?

Lay off the crack, sunshine.

No but others do!!!!

With your ego you will die until you find out!!!!

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

No but others do!!!!

With your ego you will die until you find out!!!!

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Oh gee, realist and his mates have a nickname for me.

Obsessed much? :blink:

Here is a test for you.

and.

BRAD GREEN !

Cam Bruce IMO has tried really hard for the Demons throughout his career

He has a touch of class about him and without being the bullocking type wins lots of posessions

His biggest handicap and why he will never be considered a Star is his disposal lacks consistency

He tends to take on far too much responsibility when he has the ball and often at the exaspiration of supporters gets caught or runs out of options which results in putting another player under pressure

Its what happens in a mediocre team

I am sure Bruce would be alot more effective player in a better side but by the time that happens at Melbourne he will have retired

I can see YM,s frustration in that we really dont have the stand out player in our side that most other teams have

YM,s eyes lit up the first time he saw Naitinui like a lot of us did , The effective ball winning exploits of a Daniel Rich and of course Jack Watts whom we did pick could prove to be anything

I am really confident we have one (maybe more) at the club already and its just a matter of time

Team success is built on players playing together for long periods of time and the most successful sides that eventually win flags develop a group of Elite players within that window of oppurtunity

Brisbane had their window of oppurtunity and were successful for 3 - 4 but as always it rarely lasts

Geelong IMO are the team to beat for the next 2 years with Hawthorn and Carlton looking ominous with the talent they have

We dont want to be a Collingwood and be close year after year

Our time will come and along with it the Stars

Has not been in the top 10 for the 10 years!!!

Great player but not was asked for!!!

Pfft.

Someone gives you a name, and you say they dont fit the criteria.

Green is twice the player Bruce is, and always has been.

And you continue to be clueless.