Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Tennis Anyone?

45HG

Anything to do with Henin out of the picture......or Williams sisters reaching their twilight....maybe I'm just being a little sceptical.

Maybe a little cynical HT ;) ......

I think that she wanted to have a baby and get married, easy to do one while on tour, not so easy with the other.

I hope she does really well, but I think that, like Davenport before her there is nothing to prove and she can just play because she loves the sport.

Maybe a little cynical HT ;) ......

Thanks QC. ;)

I think that she wanted to have a baby and get married, easy to do one while on tour, not so easy with the other.

The question remains, which one is easy on tour, which one not-so-easy??............... :lol:

I hope she does really well, but I think that, like Davenport before her there is nothing to prove and she can just play because she loves the sport.

Indeed.

• 3 weeks later...
Lleyton Hewitt breaks his title hoodoo....finally albeit against lesser ranked players than the likes of Nadal and Federer...still, it's a win.

Improved his ranking by over 30 spots along the way as well.......

And then got beat in Monte Carlo by a lunatic Russian ;) !!!

• 1 month later...

• 2 weeks later...

No, Federer came back from 2 sets to 0 down to beat Haas. If ever Federer was going to win a French Open, it would be now.

Ah, I think I now know what I caught on the radio then yesterday. They had said the top two seeds at the French were out, mentioning Nadal. The other must have been Ivanovic on the women's side.

Federer will kick himself if he misses this opportunity. Psychologically and mentally he will actually find it quite hard to achieve now that Nadal is out.

Ah, I think I now know what I caught on the radio then yesterday. They had said the top two seeds at the French were out, mentioning Nadal. The other must have been Ivanovic on the women's side.

Federer will kick himself if he misses this opportunity. Psychologically and mentally he will actually find it quite hard to achieve now that Nadal is out.

One, three and four are all gone, with Fed being the obvious winner in Paris...... if he can!!!

If Federer can't get it this year with the tournament being basically handed to him on a silver patter, with particularly the loss of Nadal (awful and horrible as that was - I nearly cried!!), who he has trouble winning against even on the quicker surfaces, then I can't see him ever managing to get that elusive clay court slam win. This simply has to be it - he is fast running out of time.

Plus now I think he will get it, put himself into tennis history (which he seems to care a hell of a lot about) and move happily into the next stage of his life (husband and father) and career.

Just my opinion :) !!!

If Federer can't get it this year with the tournament being basically handed to him on a silver patter, with particularly the loss of Nadal (awful and horrible as that was - I nearly cried!!), who he has trouble winning against even on the quicker surfaces, then I can't see him ever managing to get that elusive clay court slam win. This simply has to be it - he is fast running out of time.

What do you mean you nearly cried? I love Roger, and Nadal seems a bit cocky to me.

Agree though. It's now or never for Roger. The seas have parted nicely.

And while we are in Paris, big congrats to Sam Stosur for making it through to her first Grand Slam semi.......

Samantha Stosur to take on Svetlana Kuznetsova in French Open semi-final

Yes, well done Sam. Into the top 20 she goes.

Oh I love Rafa, his attitude, his sportsmanship, his game (met him once - lovely kid).......

What do you mean you nearly cried? I love Roger, and Nadal seems a bit cocky to me.

And just for the record I am allowed to have this opinion Titun, even if it differs from yours and makes you wonder. Good for you for loving Roger, not all of us do.

I respect the way Federer plays the game, there is probably (maybe) no one better, but he has never been a favourite of mine. And I have problems with how he handles loss.

That being said, how the hell is Nadal cocky? Because of the way he looks or how he plays? Honestly rarely has there been a more humble champion on the international sporting scene.

Men's tennis has been blessed with these two parked at the top for the last few years. They both (especially when playing each other) make the game greater.

Of course this is my opinion, you will disagree, but I will just go back to cheering for who I want to cheer for if that's alright by you :rolleyes: !!!

I'm on the Sammy Stosur bandwagon. Watched it last night - a bit blurry eyed - :blink: . She is playing so confidently, she's awesome. And STRENGTH!!! My god, what strength she has. Her shoulders and biceps are massive. All in proportion though.

If she can apply herself two more times like she has been playing and not let the occassion get to her....

The Grand Slam will be hers.

And just for the record I am allowed to have this opinion Titun, even if it differs from yours and makes you wonder. Good for you for loving Roger, not all of us do.

I respect the way Federer plays the game, there is probably (maybe) no one better, but he has never been a favourite of mine. And I have problems with how he handles loss.

That being said, how the hell is Nadal cocky? Because of the way he looks or how he plays? Honestly rarely has there been a more humble champion on the international sporting scene.

Men's tennis has been blessed with these two parked at the top for the last few years. They both (especially when playing each other) make the game greater.

Of course this is my opinion, you will disagree, but I will just go back to cheering for who I want to cheer for if that's alright by you :rolleyes: !!!

Of course you're allowed your opinion QueenC. I wasn't saying you were wrong for liking Rafa or for not liking Roger. I respect both of them and love the way they both play. I wasn't trying to put you down or anything, sorry if I did.

I'm on the Sammy Stosur bandwagon. Watched it last night - a bit blurry eyed - :blink: . She is playing so confidently, she's awesome. And STRENGTH!!! My god, what strength she has. Her shoulders and biceps are massive. All in proportion though.

If she can apply herself two more times like she has been playing and not let the occassion get to her....

The Grand Slam will be hers.

Her forehand and serve have genuinely become things to behold......

Apparently during the tournaments that coincide with the men's tour her coach had her hitting pretty frequently with Nadal to try to learn how to get that extra spin and power he gets onto her main weapon (forehand) because on the women's tour if you can hit with heavy and powerful spin you are almost automatically ahead of the game, given most play fairly flat most of the time.

They apparently did this in Madrid on clay as well. I don't know if it helped but it certainly hasn't hurt as she is hitting with far more spin and it is very difficult for the girls to control. Especially when it bounces up high as despite what we all want to think a lot of the girls don't have the strength to get the high spinning ball back, especially on the backhand side.

Her serve has always been awesome, if a little inconsistent. What she has added to her service game on the clay is the real kicking one which rises up into the backhand (of right handers) or the slider which simply swings away from the opponent so far that they are in the crowd to retrieve it. These are particularly important on the slower surface because the ball can hold up otherwise.

She has been great this tournament but playing Kuznetsova in the semis will be tough, especially given she is coming off a great and hardened win against Serena Williams, but it is not impossible if Sam keeps doing what she has been doing so well and simply believes she can (this is something she has had trouble with in the past and it has cost her matches). We're all with her!!!

Of course you're allowed your opinion QueenC. I wasn't saying you were wrong for liking Rafa or for not liking Roger. I respect both of them and love the way they both play. I wasn't trying to put you down or anything, sorry if I did.

No worries :) !!!

She has been great this tournament but playing Kuznetsova in the semis will be tough, especially given she is coming off a great and hardened win against Serena Williams, but it is not impossible if Sam keeps doing what she has been doing so well and simply believes she can (this is something she has had trouble with in the past and it has cost her matches). We're all with her!!!

If Stosur can beat Dementieva, I reckon she can beat Kuznetsova. Mind you, anyone who beats Serena must be doing something right, but still, the way Stosur's been playing, she certainly is in with a real chance to make the final. The final!