Can we beat Geelong?

H_T

Can we beat Geelong?  

137 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would take a 6 goal or less loss as a victory.

Seriously, we can't win.

So we simply put the cue in the rack do we? Like your confidence <_< ....not.

What she said.

Ditto. I hope the boys "stick it right up you"

Can't and Won't are two different things. The question wasn't "will we win"

Correct.

Of course we can win, if we score more than them we win, pretty simple really

45hotgod, I agree with this and its an obvious conclusion to come to, hence the.... :blink: , I'm just commenting that its not that simple against a Geelong outfit. ;)

So against Geelong, you can score more than they score, and still lose? Tough comp.

So there was no need for me to respond to this....but technically speaking you can have more 'scoring shots' and still lose. :)

After 118 votes, its 37:63 in favour of the [censored] Cats. Dees are at $13 to win.

I've already donated to Debt Demolition. And what I'll do is put $50 on the Dees to win Head to Head at $13. The winnings will go to Debt Demolition if they win. If they don't win, I'll put another $50 in anway!

A little incentive for the Boys to win - not that they'll need it or will be thinking about it when they take the field.

Go Dees!

:blink: against Geelong its not that simple.

If you ask a simpe question, you'll get a simple answer

45hotgod, I agree with this and its an obvious conclusion to come to, hence the.... :blink: , I'm just commenting that its not that simple against a Geelong outfit. ;)

So there was no need for me to respond to this....but technically speaking you can have more 'scoring shots' and still lose. :)

I never said the process of beating Geelong will be simple, and for this Melbourne team tomorrow night probably nigh-on impossible, but the maths in whether we can beat Geelong is as simple as anything.

And i never said, if we have more scoring shots, i said if we score more.

The problem is that this is a simple conversation that's being overly complicated.

We CAN win, of course we can.

We probably WON'T win, but that shouldn't really be spoken about in this thread because that doesn't answer the question

I dont wana be negative, and I love the boys having a crack and playing good football. But guys geelong are men, and were boys... There strong everywhere and have a settled, strong, classy team.. Stranger things have happen, and all I want is a good game, 2 show that we will be a threat in yrs too come.. Go dees.

You can talk we had a 50:85 split. 135 votes, 2 pages of comment. The boys were smashed by Geelong, simple. Don't know how you can refer to a Melbourne supporter and long time member as a tool, when he's supporting his team.

Obviously you're not supportive of your team through hard times. You muppet.

HT, you're probably better off ignoring idiotic comments like that, as they clearly carry no weight.

But may I suggest next time if you do a poll like this, make the question "will Melbourne beat..."

Much of this thread has revolved around the difference between can and will

HT, you're probably better off ignoring idiotic comments like that, as they clearly carry no weight.

But may I suggest next time if you do a poll like this, make the question "will Melbourne beat..."

Much of this thread has revolved around the difference between can and will

Will do. :lol: