Who will/should get a game by year's end?

Stigga

Meesen, McNamara, Cheney, Maric and Grimes...

I for one think Maric should definitley get a game by the end of the season. He is becoming increasingly more consistent in producing good performance of late and I reckon it warrants selection.

Meesen I seriously doubt unless two of our ruckman go down.

McNamara and Cheney perhaps to green?

Grimes may get a game if he has a stellar couple of performances for Sandy 1's.

For mine I really would like to see Maric and Grimes by the end of the season.

For mine I really would like to see Maric and Grimes by the end of the season.

I would really like to see Jace Bode, Issac Weetra have another go. I would like Meesen to see some action too.

So maybe in round 20 we can have a good hard look at them.

Maric and I think soon too. It will give him a great deal of confidence and he may just suprise us.

Grimes too. Maybe Rnd 22. I think it will be the start of something very special.

I would be very interested to see how McNamara goes, but I dont think his ready. Mentally and physically.

it would not surprise me if bode gets another un this year after having the chance to work on it at sandy.

meesen would need a miracle to get a game.

mcnamara was the youngest player in last years draft want he? and given our current development of garland, warnock and martin he will struggle to push in for a game.

maric was always a longer term prospect given he is completing year 12 this year, but you never know, they might give him a run.

grimes, you would think they wouldnt rush him. the kid has had no preseason, so has only been playing in bursts at sandy reserves. if he gets some fitness and plays close to full games for the sandy 1sts and impresses he may get a taste. but there is definitely no point in rushing him. give him a full injury free preseason and he will be cherry ripe for round 1 next year.

cheney is probably a bit green at this stage, and he hasnt exactly been dominating at sandy.

Stef Martin may not play too many games this year as he's still a work in progress, but that one game has been invaluable in terms of teaching him the pace of the game, and what is required. Best of all he didn't look overwhelmed.

The same thing was done last year with Garland when he was brought in only for a couple of games, just to show him what was needed. And look how THAT turned out.

Maric is VERY young, but I would have thought he's done the most at VFL level to suggest he's right to come in... Having said that it's all about type. If Davey comes back in, we may not have room.

Grimes if he's fit is a big part of our future. But he should be played only if he's right.

Petterd is a quality player. We know this, the footy department know this. He doesn't need to be rushed in. Though it would be nice to have him knock his injury on the head. We DO have to get games into these guys.

Also I reckon Cheney might have done enough. McNamara has by all accounts looked ok, but is hurt at the moment I think...

As for Meesen, I don't reckon he'll play this year. PJ, Jamar and White all in the way.

So for me it's:

Maric

Grimes

Petterd

Cheney

In that order.

I think Grimes is a real chance to play senior footy this year. Grimes could play another 1-2 games in the Sandy 2's, another 3-4 games in the Sandy 1's, and still play for the Dees.

Maric's a chance, too.

Although Petterd has debuted, he's been mentioned in this thread, so I'll put my 2 cents in - barring injury, he'll definitely get a gig in the senior side before the year's out.

PS. Dappa Dan, I think Martin's played a couple now.

I would really like to see Jace Bode, Issac Weetra have another go. I would like Meesen to see some action too.

So maybe in round 20 we can have a good hard look at them.

Weetra had better start playing for Sandy firsts, first.