Anyone for cricket?

Whispering_Jack

Don't Worry Cricket Australia are just as much to blame as the selectors-the whole last 12 months have almost been a waste of time leading up to this series, we are no further down the track than we were last year against the Paki's.

Cricket Australia employ the selectors so of course they are part of this fiasco...I thought that was obvious.

I hope you read my whole post because I made a few adjustments while you replied.

And no, I'm not worried. Btw, if it was that obvious then state it initially, rather than learn from others posts (in this case mine) and then claim that you thought it was obvious...

Don't Worry Cricket Australia are just as much to blame as the selectors-the whole last 12 months have almost been a waste of time leading up to this series, we are no further down the track than we were last year against the Paki's.

Cricket Australia employ the selectors so of course they are part of this fiasco...I thought that was obvious.

For all your windbagging, you have not put up one plausible change to the Test squad in the past 12 months.

No one is arguing things are not good. But your persistent sheep bleating without any thoughtful or sensible alternative makes your posts have all grunt of a talkback crank.

And while you are at lets blame the Government as well. Lets get some big fish. :rolleyes:

For all your windbagging, you have not put up one plausible change to the Test squad in the past 12 months.

No one is arguing things are not good. But your persistent sheep bleating without any thoughtful or sensible alternative makes your posts have all grunt of a talkback crank.

And while you are at lets blame the Government as well. Lets get some big fish. :rolleyes:

Yes i have, I have said Hussey is passed it & Hauritz has never had it, both should be out of the team.

RR i am not paid a sizeable wage to select a cricket side. They are. But i am expected to shell out hard earned to go and watch this rabble.

I am just airing my feelings as this is a discussion board & the topic here is cricket.

Edited by why you little

Yes i have, I have said Hussey is passed it & Hauritz has never had it, both should be out of the team.

Over the past twelve months, which spinner and which batsman should replace? No grey matter required to swing the axe. A bit of thought who the replacement is. And BTW, the wasted 12 months is certainly not being proven in Tasmania. hardly any Australia A player knocking the door down

RR i am not paid a sizeable wage to select a cricket side. They are. But i am expected to shell out hard earned to go and watch this rabble.

It would be wasted money. You have already said you wont be watching so why clog the discussion with your mindless whinging?

I am just airing my feelings as this is a discussion board & the topic here is cricket.

And you repeatedly shown to lightweight in both substance and knowledge and on that basis your accusation at others of being "soft" should be really be turned on you.

On a more high brow note....

England tops 500, their tails wags, Bell nearly get a double ton......Not a good show at all by Australia A aspirants. (But its the selectors fault...no Cricket Australia's :lol: )

For a hit out with Test players and aspirants, the NSW v Tasmania game was a waste and a farce (400 runs and 40 wickets in under 3 days. Hardly good preparation there.

WA belts Victoria....Mitchell Johnson on fire 121 not out and 5 for against the best in the Shield Comp....At least some good news!!!

For a hit out with Test players and aspirants, the NSW v Tasmania game was a waste and a farce (400 runs and 40 wickets in under 3 days. Hardly good preparation there.

WA belts Victoria....Mitchell Johnson on fire 121 not out and 5 for against the best in the Shield Comp....At least some good news!!!

The NSW/Tas game was a joke. When both sides are bowled out on the opening day you know that the pitch is a bit of a doozy. That was meant to be the bowl-off between Doherty and Hauritz. Hauritz bowled 1 over. Doherty took 2 wickets and kept things tight which would have pleased Ponting I'm sure, but I still reckon they'll stick with Hauritz.

There is a big problem brewing at the MCG: Hussey's making runs. Currently 33*. Some would say that's a good thing. But really it's just prolonging the inevitable. It's his absolute last chance and it looks like he's taking it. The selectors will then pick him citing this innings, and he'll then waste a spot in our middle order through the Ashes.

Johnson's form is nice. 121* and then a five-for. About time, and let's hope it continues into next week.

Time for Australia A to bat again as well. Khawaja and Ferguson need to score big runs.

O'Keefe has outplayed Smith so far in this match (more runs and more wickets), but Smith is the one in the squad and continues to get talked about. His bowling is terrible.

Edited by titan_uranus

KP's 5 may worry the poms a little but really they seemed hardly troubled.

Even the wickets were just a mixture of mis-timed shots, slips, brain fades and missing a straight ball.

A few of these guys with the bat may be a show for a spot this summer, so I hope to see them (Hughes, Khawaja, White) especially.

The NSW/Tas game was a joke. When both sides are bowled out on the opening day you know that the pitch is a bit of a doozy. That was meant to be the bowl-off between Doherty and Hauritz. Hauritz bowled 1 over. Doherty took 2 wickets and kept things tight which would have pleased Ponting I'm sure, but I still reckon they'll stick with Hauritz.

I'm not sure the conditions were all that conducive to a good batting strip either. They've had plenty of rain up there of late. Hence the opening days results.

But guess who would have won the toss and batted regardless...

Hussey will need the salt tablets if he gets to 50! :lol:

For Australia A, given the England tail have rallied, there is no excuse for the top six to bat out the next day and half and put there names forward.

There is no doubt there will stacks of opportunity this summer for those that make runs and take wickets when it counts the most...

I dont care so long as he and other batsman makes runs when it counts. Its easy runs on a flat deck on a good day with no Siddle, McKay etc when you are 200 runs ahead. But if it bats him into form I dont mind. I wonder if the selectors had ruled him out of the final XI.

I dont care so long as he and other batsman makes runs when it counts. Its easy runs on a flat deck on a good day with no Siddle, McKay etc when you are 200 runs ahead. But if it bats him into form I dont mind. I wonder if the selectors had ruled him out of the final XI.

I do, because I'm utterly unconvinced that this century (well he's 98* at tea) will translate into improved form at Test level. But I am convinced that this century will give the selectors their opening and they'll pick him, unless Khawaja or Ferguson makes 200.

Over the past twelve months, which spinner and which batsman should replace? No grey matter required to swing the axe. A bit of thought who the replacement is. And BTW, the wasted 12 months is certainly not being proven in Tasmania. hardly any Australia A player knocking the door down

It would be wasted money. You have already said you wont be watching so why clog the discussion with your mindless whinging?

And you repeatedly shown to lightweight in both substance and knowledge and on that basis your accusation at others of being "soft" should be really be turned on you.

HaHaHa! That was a good read, the Cricket Australia should seriously consider making you a selector-You fit the criteria beautifully RR

Poor Ticket sales around australia at present have both CH 9 and Cricket Australia very worried, so my attitude is not alone. what you call whingiing i call my opinion? But do carry on....after a nice walk home from work along the beach its good to return fire!!! B)

Well that's it then. We can safely say that the top 6 for Brisbane is done and dusted now.

Hussey's hit his century and is still going. At the same time, Khawaja's added a golden duck to his 13, and Ferguson added 10 to his 7. Not exactly banging the door down.

Hughes is in the 40s but he's not in the squad.

Poor Andrew McDonald. Misses out on the Australia squad despite everyone else making it, misses out on Australia A, then breaks his hand.

Only question now is which three bowlers will join Johnson. Surely Hilfenhaus (assuming fitness) starts, but we've no extra information on the last pace bowler. Harris is still a bit sore so I'm not sure about him, Siddle isn't playing (which might be a good sign in that they're resting him for Brisbane) and Bollinger was tonked around vs Tasmania in the second innings. Then there's Hauritz vs Doherty.

I'll pick Hilfenhaus, Siddle and Hauritz to start with, but I'd prefer Hilfenhaus, Bollinger and Doherty.

Just Brilliant. Hussey makes 118 and saves his job for the summer!!!! unbelievable B) B)

Whilst Khawaja and Ferguson did nothing to advance their chances, Hussey's timing is impeccable. Literally left it to the last chance.

I reckon he did the same by scoring a century in the 5th Test of last year's Ashes. He also got one in the second-last Test of the home summer. Always waits till the end.

Whilst Khawaja and Ferguson did nothing to advance their chances, Hussey's timing is impeccable. Literally left it to the last chance.

I reckon he did the same by scoring a century in the 5th Test of last year's Ashes. He also got one in the second-last Test of the home summer. Always waits till the end.

Yeah well it better translate to Baggy Green runs or there will be serious nashing of teeth around the country!!!! Test level is so different.

Good on him for doing it, but how convincing is it?

HaHaHa! That was a good read, the Cricket Australia should seriously consider making you a selector-You fit the criteria beautifully RR

Poor Ticket sales around australia at present have both CH 9 and Cricket Australia very worried, so my attitude is not alone. what you call whingiing i call my opinion? But do carry on....after a nice walk home from work along the beach its good to return fire!!! B)

Pity you shoot blanks.

You dont know what attitude is behind the poor ticket sales this year. Your opinion is a perpetual whinge because when you aksed to substantiate you rely on generalisations, the views of family members ( :wacko: ), continually avoiding questions and diverting the topic to somehow create a veneer of credibility.

More like self saucing ignorance.

If we lose the first test and he is not amongst the runs, I reckon he's out.

The selectors have sent a definite shot across the bow to him. The century does not alter the shaking ground he is on.

Pity you shoot blanks.

You dont know what attitude is behind the poor ticket sales this year. Y.

You are kidding there Rhino for sure, a week out from an ashes series and still loads of unsold tickets around australia. What else is it going to be apart from a protest??

Do tell....

You are kidding there Rhino for sure, a week out from an ashes series and still loads of unsold tickets around australia. What else is it going to be apart from a protest??

Do tell....

I'm not the one making the grandiose claims about it heroboy.

There are a number of reasons behind the fall in numbers from the past Ashes series in 2006-7. However that series was subject to special conditions leading up to its commencement. Last years cricket was also poorly attend. There will be a number of attributing factors including Australian team performance. Rather jump on a self indulgent soapbox putting some plausible and thoughtful ideas on how we can change things. You have not done that so far. Too busy bleating like a cut lamb.

I'm not the one making the grandiose claims about it heroboy.

There are a number of reasons behind the fall in numbers from the past Ashes series in 2006-7. However that series was subject to special conditions leading up to its commencement. Last years cricket was also poorly attend. There will be a number of attributing factors including Australian team performance. Rather jump on a self indulgent soapbox putting some plausible and thoughtful ideas on how we can change things. You have not done that so far. Too busy bleating like a cut lamb.

Rhino we are playing the old dart on home soil to win back the ashes, and tickets are not selling. The Australian public is not happy ok. I will say it if you won't. What other circumstances might be in the way..Christmas??? Fair go buddy, you can bag me pretty hard, but i won't take that one!!! B)

Rhino we are playing the old dart on home soil to win back the ashes, and tickets are not selling. The Australian public is not happy ok. I will say it if you won't. What other circumstances might be in the way..Christmas??? Fair go buddy, you can bag me pretty hard, but i won't take that one!!! B)

The Ashes tickets aren't selling as well as when or are we not selling them at all. If you actually do the research this Ashes tour is not a sell out like the last tour for a variety of reasons.

1. Ashes 2006-2007 had a magnificent build up following the fantastic 2005 Ashes tour. Australia finally had a challenger

2. At that time Australia was chock full of stars at their peak or about to leave the game at their highs.... Hayden, Langer, Warne, McGrath and Gilly.

3. Australia in four years has diminished as a Test playing nation as the unprecedented retirement of greats have left a talent void that is not easily replaced. The domestic competition has been threadbare with states like Qld, WA and SA barely competitive at times.

4. The emergence of 20/20 has turned the game for many stakeholders on its head. Its all bang and fizz but the game results are even more forgettable than ODI. For a nation that does like the enduring nature of Tests, the latest "innovation" has confused many people as to what the game is.

5. This Ashes series follows 12 months of meaningless cricket which has been racked by corruption, incompetence and instransigence at the global level. Out of the global game only Aust, England, South Africa and NZ have any integrity in their national structures. India now controls 75 to 80% of the global cricket game. The game's direction has splintered at the global level. Other nations are either chronically corrupt/ incompetent or both. Cricket Australia has floundered in some areas but the problems are often bigger than Australia.

6. The game is riddled with corruption at all levels internationally and it has damaged the cricket brand to the Australian consumer.

7. While there have been some close results, the quality of cricket has diminished globally.

So there is an education for you to supplement the meagre 4 Corners insights that does you greater justice than the broad brush whinging you dress as opinion. You really need to move beyond the "things are bad so what I say must be right". Its the epitome of the self saucing ignorance that is a flagship of your paltry and uninformed contributions on this site.