Young Draftes, Rookies & Smokies

Just asking for peoples thoughts on an outside players we might considering drafting really late or rookeeing.

I've heard of this guy who played for Queensland U18 state team - Jake Spencer.

He has senior footy experience with Redlands, stands at 203 cm tall and an unbelivable endurance. also weighs 93 kgs with room for improvment.

I've seen him play in QAFL where he shows plenty of potential and great tap work in all rucking aspects.

I understand that we have 4 ruckmen on the senior list, but surely we muct keep looking to the future and get one one on the rookie list.

Any thougths?????

Just asking for peoples thoughts on an outside players we might considering drafting really late or rookeeing.

He has senior footy experience with Redlands, stands at 203 cm tall and an unbelivable endurance. also weighs 93 kgs with room for improvment.

I've seen him play in QAFL where he shows plenty of potential and great tap work in all rucking aspects.

I understand that we have 4 ruckmen on the senior list, but surely we muct keep looking to the future and get one one on the rookie list.

Any thougths?????

He is certainly a big boy.

Anyone else know much about him. Back ground ... apparently a top bloke as well with leadership potential.

I looked the name up in google and found this http://students.ou.edu/S/Jacob.R.Spencer-1/jakepics.html that could be him? :lol:

Any thougths?????

I actually know him personally and know that he is meeting with the QLD based Dee's recruiting guy this week.

Is an absolutely top bloke. Very tall and very big.

Has been injured this year though which means we could possibly rookie him or use a late pick

We do, and hopefully Meesen can be the man or possibly that young bloke from sandy Stefan Martin.

i agree valenti and stef martin are almost certainties to be drafted by melbourne whether it be through the national, pre season or rookie draft. Valenti to me seems very much an adam fisher type who never quite made it but absolutely dominated at vfl level. I hope valenti takes the next step, id say the slight difference between the two would be valenti's ability around goals, has a touch of class which perhaps fisher didnt.

stef martin has a basketball background and only made the transition i think last year, has huge scope for improvement. looks so young and is i guess, but id love the dees to snaffle him in the rookie draft, but others may get in sooner. it would be a tragedy to lose one of these blokes to another afl team.

martyn at pick 69 and valenti at 53. plus three picks in the top 21. then we can swoop in the pre season. id be happy with that outcome

Mate that's clearly not him. You're a joke.

Cause i was sooo serious please forgive me you know i thought a fat guy with a beard from America was a potential AFL player i'm so sorry maybe i should go see an optomitrist and get my eyes checked. So i'm a joke am i? really? i mean are u sure? Cause last time i checked people who make jokes and people who are jokes are different in fact i do say that people who dont reliese that someone who is obvisously making a joke is a joke ok?

Why did the chicken cross the road? To get to the other side.

Hey mate your a joke a chicken wouldnt just cross a road!! It would need some motivation maybe a potential mate was on the other side or some feed or maybe it wanted 2 go see the idoit who thought that someone was serious when he was clearly making a joke.

Cmon please dont over reactive especially when someone is just making a joke people do laugh i know its hard 2 believe but it does happen infact im sure people are laughing right now over some joke but you dont get because you thought it was serious and you its easier to just call you stupid.

Enjoy life 'demons are my family' (was he joking)

I actually know him personally and know that he is meeting with the QLD based Dee's recruiting guy this week.

Is an absolutely top bloke. Very tall and very big.

Has been injured this year though which means we could possibly rookie him or use a late pick

so how do you know this player, what kind of injury did he sustain, if we draft or rookie him do you think it will be of concern?

i agree valenti and stef martin are almost certainties to be drafted by melbourne whether it be through the national, pre season or rookie draft. Valenti to me seems very much an adam fisher type who never quite made it but absolutely dominated at vfl level. I hope valenti takes the next step, id say the slight difference between the two would be valenti's ability around goals, has a touch of class which perhaps fisher didnt.

stef martin has a basketball background and only made the transition i think last year, has huge scope for improvement. looks so young and is i guess, but id love the dees to snaffle him in the rookie draft, but others may get in sooner. it would be a tragedy to lose one of these blokes to another afl team.

martyn at pick 69 and valenti at 53. plus three picks in the top 21. then we can swoop in the pre season. id be happy with that outcome

I've seen both play. I'd support the rookieing of Valenti, as it might be good to see how he goes against AFL pace and strength midfielders. He has EVERYTHING and more in the guts, including sensational vision, guts and hardness. Was a brilliant eader out of the middle this year for Sandy. The only drawback is his size. He's just SO tiny he may only be relied upon to tag, or to get the pill a la West. Maybe receive and run with it but that's about it. Could be a bit one-dimensional. Like the nugget who was tried in various spots around the ground, but will always be a midfielder ONLY, and as a consequence was played in the guts virtually every second he was on the ground... Do we need a poor man's Nathan Jones? Maybe we do.... And putting a kid on the rookie list with a year or two's growth already behind him may be a good move. Less need for the crystal ball....

As for Martin, I would be concerned about drafting him. He wasn't as good as Neaves in the ruck, and his kicking, predictably given his background, was abonimable. We don't need another Jamar... though I grant his athleticism was attractive from a recruiter's point of view.

yea this is true....... ive seen a bit of footage of matic..and i dont like his slow movement or skills. not the most impressive ruckman man either... do love his physical body presence around the ground thou , which is evident at times....

im a huge advocate of jake spencer... more of a verstalie, endurace ruckman. Has potential to builds size but it already pretty big. he seems to havea great attitude to the game and good knowledge of the game. his skills are pretty handy for a big man . injury has been a little concern , but he has recoverd now and looking fit. his 203cm suits the height of the modern ruckman . and would be the tallest on our list. surely we shoudl look at rooking him ???

Cause i was sooo serious please forgive me you know i thought a fat guy with a beard from America was a potential AFL player i'm so sorry maybe i should go see an optomitrist and get my eyes checked. So i'm a joke am i? really? i mean are u sure? Cause last time i checked people who make jokes and people who are jokes are different in fact i do say that people who dont reliese that someone who is obvisously making a joke is a joke ok?

Why did the chicken cross the road? To get to the other side.

Hey mate your a joke a chicken wouldnt just cross a road!! It would need some motivation maybe a potential mate was on the other side or some feed or maybe it wanted 2 go see the idoit who thought that someone was serious when he was clearly making a joke.

Cmon please dont over reactive especially when someone is just making a joke people do laugh i know its hard 2 believe but it does happen infact im sure people are laughing right now over some joke but you dont get because you thought it was serious and you its easier to just call you stupid.

Enjoy life 'demons are my family' (was he joking)

mate come on . im not gonna bag any dees suporter ..cause there apart of the family.... but listen mate....... there is no time for joking around.. footy is footy its great stuff, its an insult to the pride of the game wen u try and crack stupid jokes ... mate time and a place.........mamte focus on the footy chat.......pretty sure dave neitz wasnt joking around when he was lining up for his 500th goal or r robertson when he flys 4ft of the ground to take a screamer..take a leaf out of there book ...... get passionate

mate come on . im not gonna bag any dees suporter ..cause there apart of the family.... but listen mate....... there is no time for joking around.. footy is footy its great stuff, its an insult to the pride of the game wen u try and crack stupid jokes ... mate time and a place.........mamte focus on the footy chat.......pretty sure dave neitz wasnt joking around when he was lining up for his 500th goal or r robertson when he flys 4ft of the ground to take a screamer..take a leaf out of there book ...... get passionate

Yeh but im sure that Neitz and Robbo do joke! Cmon your kidding yourself if you think that they don't joke about things and i'm sure they do it on the footy field and the context you have put your examples in are ridiculous of cause there not joking there trying to concentrate. Also i'm pretty sure more than half in fact almost all of demonland laugh and make jokes even when it is football talk.

You say "There is no time for joking around" Jokes improve the mood dramatically in many circumstances and some people enjoy jokes even around football. The way i see football is a great game with a great atomosphere i know that when im with my mates playing football ofcourse we joke around and laugh cause its part of the game its part of having fun and if you cant see that then im afraid your missing something. "Get Passionate" Passion, Passion for football, Passion for Melbourne, Passion for the team i love Passion is what i bleed especially when its football but i still like a laugh which at times can express your passion. I know people like Yze Magic make lots of jokes and laugh but he is one of the most passionate posters on here as shown through his unrealistic optisism.

I understand what your saying to a degree but i dont think that the joke i made is "an insult to the pride of the game" maybe a rude attack at a player or a subject in a game is an insult to the game but a harmless joke that what have any effect on the way the game is played.

I don't want to start an arguement because as you said "there apart of the family" but football is a passionate game that involves jokes I'm sure that players make jokes to each other and i'm sure that it doesnt insult the pride of the game but at the same time jokes that are offensive shouldnt be made but i fail 2 see how mine is offensive and if i have offended you im sorry for that but i have not insulted the pride of the game.

Yeh but im sure that Neitz and Robbo do joke! Cmon your kidding yourself if you think that they don't joke about things and i'm sure they do it on the footy field and the context you have put your examples in are ridiculous of cause there not joking there trying to concentrate. Also i'm pretty sure more than half in fact almost all of demonland laugh and make jokes even when it is football talk.

You say "There is no time for joking around" Jokes improve the mood dramatically in many circumstances and some people enjoy jokes even around football. The way i see football is a great game with a great atomosphere i know that when im with my mates playing football ofcourse we joke around and laugh cause its part of the game its part of having fun and if you cant see that then im afraid your missing something. "Get Passionate" Passion, Passion for football, Passion for Melbourne, Passion for the team i love Passion is what i bleed especially when its football but i still like a laugh which at times can express your passion. I know people like Yze Magic make lots of jokes and laugh but he is one of the most passionate posters on here as shown through his unrealistic optisism.

I understand what your saying to a degree but i dont think that the joke i made is "an insult to the pride of the game" maybe a rude attack at a player or a subject in a game is an insult to the game but a harmless joke that what have any effect on the way the game is played.

I don't want to start an arguement because as you said "there apart of the family" but football is a passionate game that involves jokes I'm sure that players make jokes to each other and i'm sure that it doesnt insult the pride of the game but at the same time jokes that are offensive shouldnt be made but i fail 2 see how mine is offensive and if i have offended you im sorry for that but i have not insulted the pride of the game.

mate, how long did that take you to write...im sure the post by demons are my family or whoever was also light hearted, i didnt think it required such a long response...however completely agree.

I am in the same year as him at the moment at school.

He is at BBC, same school that courtney dempsey from the dons. Biz graduated from there as well in 94 i think it was.

He injured his knee i am pretty sure whilst playing for BBC.

He is walking around fine at the moment but it kept him out of the Qld state screening physical stuff.

Ill let you guys know about his talk with the dees scout when I see him next.

anyone who thinks this is me ....... under another allias.... its not... :lol:

mate, how long did that take you to write...im sure the post by demons are my family or whoever was also light hearted, i didnt think it required such a long response...however completely agree.

To be honest it probably took me about 10 or so minutes. I have no life

Just taking a different tangent with this discussion about Robbo and Neitz's sense of humour...

I couldn't help but think of the time Neita was getting towelled, got into a scuffle, the half time siren blew and he went on with it. In the huddle Robbo walked over and poured water on his neck to calm him down, and the big skipper all but took his head off...

Good times...

anyone who thinks this is me ....... under another allias.... its not... :lol:

HA!!!!!!!!!

Nice BB.

Anyone else reminded of the lead character in the old De Niro movie 'The Fan'? :mellow:

i taught economics to jake spencer this year at BBC. he is a handsome, figure-gifted young man, who gets many hours of beauty sleep by constantly sleeping in class. he never ceases to attract the attention of other boys in the class though, particularly the strapping young lad he sits next to. constantly engaging in conversation, where i cant help but get the vibe that the smaller bloke is trying to be more than friends, one day hoping to mooch off of young jake.

but more on jake, a delightful prospect, a definite brownlow medal candidate for 2011, and it would not surprise me in the slightest if he won rookie of the year next year. a definite first round option.

i look forward to seeing him in the dee's footy shorts next year.

Yours truly,

The Hore