The Soccer thread

45HG

Bolton have gone ahead against the Reds twice, but have no had Davis sent off.

Will do well to hold on from here. Liverpool not looking anything like the side they were last year.

Bullet from Gerrard into the crossbar.

:lol:

You're kidding yourself...what has the Gunners quietly achieved lately? Man U & Chelsea have left Arsenal in their wake the last few years.

Once the Arabs get Bored with owning EPL clubs, as to them they are no more than a tax dodge. Arsenal will still be a major club owned by its Members.

I am very happy with that. Venge does a mighty job with a smaller Budget.

Once the Arabs get Bored with owning EPL clubs, as to them they are no more than a tax dodge. Arsenal will still be a major club owned by its Members. I am very happy with that. Venge does a mighty job with a smaller Budget.
Man U 2 Arsenal 1 And to make things interesting Arsene Venger sent off after kicking a water bottle after an off side.

Man U 2 Arsenal 1 And to make things interesting Arsene Venger sent off after kicking a water bottle after an off side.

Yes own goals really suck! Arsene is a cool customer, i'm sure he felt like kicking more than just a bottle.

We do hate each other don't forget!! EPL season is sooo long anything can happen.

Yes own goals really suck! Arsene is a cool customer, i'm sure he felt like kicking more than just a bottle.

We do hate each other don't forget!! EPL season is sooo long anything can happen.

Cool customer? He lost the plot.

Temper tantrum at the very least after seeing one of his forwards being called off-side. (He was off-side by a country mile).

Yes anything can happen in a EPL season. First points go to Man U. ;)

Well, it hasn't been a good start to the campaign for my reds, but as soon as Aquilani starts playing, we'll smash it up. We just need to get there with nothing but wins from now. Hopeless start. We were lucky to beat Bolton, Benitez needs to pull his finger out (he's a [censored] manager IMO) and get them playing the score at all costs style we played towards the end of last season. If we begin playing that, there's no one that can match us. Chelsea are pretenders, Man Utd nothing without Ronaldo (and Vidic) and Arsenal couldn't get close, with their lack of depth. Still that is a worry for us, with limited transfer funds. El Nino has scored 3 from 4 games, but at the same time looks out of form and perhaps match fitness. Just imagine once he's properly fit. He's the best striker in the world and he'll rip any EPL defense apart. Go the Reds!

That second yellow was discraceful, Lucas is a crying hack, Torres is a diving [censored] and so is gerrard, flicking scouser scum!

Go the Reds. ;) Although, I'll agree Lucas is a hack. He has absolutely no passing range, he's not strong on the ball and doesn't even possess a powerful strike. As soon as Aquilani is fit, he'll be benched.

Well, it hasn't been a good start to the campaign for my reds, but as soon as Aquilani starts playing, we'll smash it up. We just need to get there with nothing but wins from now. Hopeless start. We were lucky to beat Bolton, Benitez needs to pull his finger out (he's a [censored] manager IMO) and get them playing the score at all costs style we played towards the end of last season. If we begin playing that, there's no one that can match us. Chelsea are pretenders, Man Utd nothing without Ronaldo (and Vidic) and Arsenal couldn't get close, with their lack of depth. Still that is a worry for us, with limited transfer funds. El Nino has scored 3 from 4 games, but at the same time looks out of form and perhaps match fitness. Just imagine once he's properly fit. He's the best striker in the world and he'll rip any EPL defense apart. Go the Reds!

I thought Benitez did a solid job last year, just too many draws for the reds.

I thought Benitez did a solid job last year, just too many draws for the reds.

Nah, he's too conservative. It was his style that lost us last year. If we'd played the way we did for the last 5 to 10 matches (score at all costs), for the entire season, instead of sitting back too much, then we would have won the title. Our back four is too injury prone as well, to basing relying on them to keep clean sheets and our forwards just return one or two goals. The best form of defence is attack. Attack, attack, attack. If we do so, we'll beat anyone in the world. We've proved that over the past few seasons.

Guest Graham Gaunt
Encouraged French player Gael Kakuta to break his contract n sign 4 club

Yes but others are guilty of the same bribes to poor families. It will be reduced and Man U are FIFA's next target. FIFA ARE Bastards!!

We have the depth and quality, and in the interim, all on loan players will now be recalled to Cobham training ground as an interim measure.

There is no crisis here - just plain saling to silverware and yes I'm as arrogant as my club.

GG

No doubt we (Chelsea) will be going all out to fight the ban, and hopefully we can possibly get the ban reduced to at least one transfer window. But whatever happens, I just hope FIFA investigate other clubs and stick a similar ban on them as well because there is without a doubt other clubs doing the same thing.

I think we can cope with the squad we have. We have some good, quality depth in the squad, although an aging squad. This could also be a blessing in disguise and give some of our youngsters a chance to break into the first team as well, such as players like Kakuta, Di Santo, Sinclair, Mancienne and Hutchinson.