The Soccer thread

45HG

Nice day at the office for The Arsenal....4-0 away at Blackburn....

Now to cap off a great weekend with Collingwood losing, hope Villa get all 3 points at Tottenham tomorrow morning...

And how over rated is Robbie Keane???...all that money and not a goal.....

Nice day at the office for The Arsenal....4-0 away at Blackburn....

Now to cap off a great weekend with Collingwood losing, hope Villa get all 3 points at Tottenham tomorrow morning...

And how over rated is Robbie Keane???...all that money and not a goal.....

Spurs on bottom... :)

Just not happening for us, again!

Spurs look seriously in danger of not being in the top flight next year the way they're playing...

Quite pathetic with the amount of money they've pumped out for players.

Spurs look seriously in danger of not being in the top flight next year the way they're playing...

Quite pathetic with the amount of money they've pumped out for players.

Spot on. They will really miss Berbatov and Keane, they're leading goal scorers last season...

Even though it's a shocker of a start to the season for Spurs...still a long way to go for them to go the only way they can go from at the moment...UP...

But the way the fickle press is in England, the mangers job will be wildly speculated in the media.....and with Keegan and Curbishley already gone this season...the presure is right on Ramos...

Spurs were touting themselves as a top 4 club this year.......for that to happen the proverbial finger needs to be plled out real quick...

GO GUNNERS....

Zebraman,,,

Arsenal Supporters Club membership # 46103...from Season 1974...just so you know I haven't jumped on the Arsenal bandwagon in recent years

I don't really see how we were pumping ourselves up. Isn't it funny how the same media which says we should be top 4 this year, are the first to turn and say you're rubbish after a bad start.

It seemed illogical to me that we would improve after last year, with such an odd transfer window and the loss of Keane and Berbatov and a host of average, yet pretty consistently played midfielders (and Paul Robinson).

Doubt that we'll go down, after all most big clubs can just spend big (cheat) in the January transfer window and win a few late games. *Cough* West Ham *Cough*

It makes me very pleased to see the Spurs struggling, although it angers me just as much how they always take points off my Blue boys! That 4-4 draw last year, despite being a fantastic sporting spectacle, put a bullet in our title chances.

Must say I've been enjoying the EPL more than the AFL, maybe that's what a succesful team does for you. However, I'd have one Melbourne premiership over 10 premier league titles!

Guest Graham Gaunt
It makes me very pleased to see the Spurs struggling, although it angers me just as much how they always take points off my Blue boys! That 4-4 draw last year, despite being a fantastic sporting spectacle, put a bullet in our title chances.

Must say I've been enjoying the EPL more than the AFL, maybe that's what a succesful team does for you. However, I'd have one Melbourne premiership over 10 premier league titles!

Nice to see another Blue out there IBruce, i didnt know this thread existed over here. We've got some good banter going on over at Ology on the Barclays thread, that i'll replicate here where i can.

Cheers GG

Merseyside Derby tonight, should be massive!

Liverpool need to start kicking into top gear very soon, because Arsenal are looking the goods. Even their 12 years olds beat sides 6-0

Ronaldo should be retrospectively red carded for that

What's going on with Spurs? Can't watch tonight's game, but 66% possession and 13 strikes to 8, yet 2-0 down.

Guess that's what happens when you remove two top class strikers and don't replace them. Mind you, they're less potent than our current "strike-force" at the moment!

For once I actually do not think he dived that bad, just left a trailing leg as most do, but I flipped when I saw him point to the spot.

There was a worse dive last night by wigan I think.

The F.A. have to see things like that and issue a yellow or red card after the game, and if it's a yellow then they take that yellow into the next game (so they start the game on 1 yellow, get 1 more and your off)

So sick of diving, it's hard enouhg for teams like Bolton to get a point at Old Trafford let alone beat the scum without their players falling over blades of grass.

Rob Styles who reffed the game has not reffed a game that United have lost, Make of that what you will.

Yet his record against Bolton is horrible, add the two together and it spells disaster and our manager said something similar pre game when we found out who the ref was.

Rob Styles who reffed the game has not reffed a game that United have lost, Make of that what you will.

Yet his record against Bolton is horrible, add the two together and it spells disaster and our manager said something similar pre game when we found out who the ref was.

Swab him. :lol:

So, Man U have been dominated in each of the games he has reffed in. Just a coincidence.

LOL, and then came Sunderland

A bit quiet now 45? Your mob are truly a phenomenon.

In fairness, Hull appear to be the new Reading, and it was a stunning (in the goal-of-the-season-contender sense) free-kick that did Spurs in.

Meanwhile, Nando hauls us from the fire, and yet again Mancunians prove they do indeed hail from some disgusting void where an understanding of football is inconceivable, as Citeh fans go berko at the ref for showing a red card, even though it was clearly justified.

I'll be interested to see how long this flirt with the title race lasts; playing the Chavs at the Bridge in a few weeks will be telling.

Haha in my defence i did mention it in the West Ham thread, so pfft to you sir!

It really is just mind-boggling the things that Spurs do.

How can you move on Defoe, Keane and Berbatov in an 8 month stint, and not sign anyone in their place?

At least Hull are top 3! ......

Always have to laugh at Arsenal though

Guest Addam

Good to see another Bolton fan on here.

Good win over the Hammers last night. Good to see us play some decent football. Matty Taylors strike was a cracker.

Up the Wanderers, ey Condemned.