Knee Jerk Posters

We will play finals. There is no doubt about that. Will we be in the ascendancy coming in to them is the bigger question? I believe we will. Top 4 and avoiding playing Brisbane or Power at home is essential.

Also a serious case of finals colliwobbles wouldn't hurt.

• Thinking 1

6 hours ago, leave it to deever said:

We will play finals. There is no doubt about that. Will we be in the ascendancy coming in to them is the bigger question? I believe we will. Top 4 and avoiding playing Brisbane or Power at home is essential.

I’d happily play Port over there in a final 

6 hours ago, leave it to deever said:

I really dont have that confidence. 

If we are top 4 we are trending upwards...and who knows...

I really dont like our footy atm...    i cant see a positive. 

43 minutes ago, beelzebub said:

I really dont have that confidence. 

If we are top 4 we are trending upwards...and who knows...

I really dont like our footy atm...    i cant see a positive. 

Neither do I at the moment, but I think things will get better.... If we can fix our forward line. Our smalls have gone quiet. Petty was starting to look good as a forward too.

We also have a pretty good run from here on. That said, it would be great to take out some top teams. We will need some luck with not too many injuries as I don't think our depth is great. 

Edited by leave it to deever

As many will no doubt atest... I'm  a little old school. By that i subscribe to keeping much of anything as simple and relevant as can be. 

A simple rule of thought i was taught years ago.... a goal prevented is worth at very least a goal scored. In the nature of the game it can be more.

I played 95% as a forward...kpf.. a little in the guts as Ruck ( hated it tbh ...i digress )

I was taught footy by some greats...household names of the time... but was eons ago... 

The thinking i suspectof opposition is to negate our goals whils we're a shambles...and we are.

Significantly we're also troubled down  back.   As such we cant control the ledger in either direction.

This is where the Brains Trust need to act...

Fix up one end at least...give us a running chance.  We were brilliant both ends...and the middle.

What exactly does that leave us ?

I'm  picturing the monkey trying to put a plug in one elephant....but the reality is 3 monkeys are needed... and nothing is hapoening

I'm not despondent...is what it is...

Does ANYONE  see us winning any part of the ground ??? 

14 hours ago, beelzebub said:

Thats tough...  at least it thaws after a few days.

My point was simply too many jump to the assertion that its all gauged as negativity. 

For me its all about the reality...  ...that is then seemed/deemed as either positive or negative by those of the different camps.

Bit like the old glass half full/empty scenario.  I just say its at 50%.....   bit like Melbourne currently. 

All good .

Agree entirely. My realism is often characterised as negativity. Drives me insane 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, fr_ap said:

Agree entirely. My realism is often characterised as negativity. Drives me insane 

And my realism is often characterised as head in the sand nuffiness. 

On 5/29/2023 at 2:26 PM, praha said:

We wouldn't have gotten 29k to Dockland though. Of that 29k, maybe 8k were in the MCC reserve. Throw in the MFC Member who doesn't attend Marvel games anyway and attendance would have been 12k-14k.

May well be true Praha. I still think we would have 18- 20k and that looks and sounds better than 29 at the G. The problem is playing sides like Freo at the G. That game against North would add 10k to the total that  would make it low 40’s and the it would sound better and nothing much would be said. 

14 hours ago, fr_ap said:

My realism is often characterised as negativity. Drives me insane 

Dont worry about the positive police.  They want to be positive, that's fine,  but they demand that everyone does the same 

Edited by Orion
  • Like 2
  • Thinking 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Demonland Forums  

• Match Previews, Reports & Articles  

PREGAME: Rd 18 vs Essendon

The Demons are back at the MCG once again and will once again be fighting for a spot in the Top 8 as they come face to face with Bombers on Saturday night. Who comes in and who goes out?

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 57

VOTES: Rd 17 vs West Coast

Captain Max Gawn has a considerable lead over the injured reigning champion Christian Petracca in the Demonland Player of the Year Award. Steven May, Jack Viney & Alex Neal-Bullen, make up the Top 5. Your votes for the win against the Eagles. 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 45

POSTGAME: Rd 17 vs West Coast

The Demons are back in the hunt for finals after a clinical victory over the West Coast Eagles at the MCG which was sealed after bursting out of the blocks with a seven goal to one first quarter.

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 171

GAMEDAY: Rd 17 vs West Coast

It’s game day and the Demons return to Melbourne to play the Eagles at the MCG for the first time in over a decade. A win keeps the Dees finals hopes alive whereas a loss will almost certainly slam the finals window shut.

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 369

CROSSROADS by The Oracle

Melbourne stands at the crossroads.  Sunday’s game against the West Coast Eagles who have not met the Demons at the MCG in more than ten years, is a make or break for the club’s finals aspirations.  That proposition is self-evident since every other team the club will be opposed to over the next eight weeks of footy is a prospective 2024 finalist. To add to this perspective is the fact that while the Demons are now in twelfth position on the AFL table, they are only a game and a half b

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 1

DELUGE by KC from Casey

The Casey Demons overcame their inaccuracy and the wet inhospitable conditions to overrun the lowly Northern Bullants at Genis Steel Oval in Cramer Street, Preston on Saturday. It was an eerie feeling entering the ground that in the past hosted many VFA/VFL greats of the past including the legendary Roy Cazaly. The cold and drizzly rain and the sparse crowd were enough to make one want to escape to the nearby Preston Market and hang out there for the afternoon. In the event, the fans

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

INSANITY by Whispering Jack

Somehow, the Melbourne Football Club managed it twice in the course of a week. Coach Simon Goodwin admitted it in his press conference after the loss against the Brisbane Lions in a game where his team held a four goal lead in the third term:   "In reality we went a bit safe. Big occasion, a lot of young players playing. We probably just went into our shell a bit. "There's a bit to unpack in that last quarter … whether we go into our shells a bit late in the game."   Well

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports 12

PREGAME: Rd 17 vs West Coast

The Demons return to Melbourne in Round 17 to take on the Eagles on Sunday as they look to bounce back from a devastating and heartbreaking last minute loss to the Lions at the Gabba. Who comes in and who goes out?

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 346

PODCAST: Rd 16 vs Brisbane

The Demonland Podcast will air LIVE on Monday, 1st July @ 8:30pm. Join George, Binman & I as we analyse the Demons loss at the Gabba against the Lions in the Round 16. You questions and comments are a huge part of our podcast so please post anything you want to ask or say below and we'll give you a shout out on the show. If you would like to leave us a voicemail please call 03 9016 3666 and don't worry no body answers so you don't have to talk to a human. Listen & Chat LIV

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 39
  • Tell a friend

Love Demonland? Tell a friend!

• Podcast 

• Podcast 

• Podcast Stream 

Open Stream in
    New Window
        TuneIn    Opens in New Tab
  • Support Demonland  

• 2021 Premiership  

• Social Media 

• Non MFC Games  

NON-MFC: Round 17

Discussion of all the other games that don't involve the Demons in Round 17 ... READ MORE

Demonland | Round 17

• Post Game      

POSTGAME: Rd 17 vs West Coast

The Demons are back in the hunt for finals after a clinical victory over the West Coast Eagles at the MCG which was sealed after bursting out of the blocks with a seven goal to one first quarter ...READ MORE

Demonland | July 07

• Votes      

VOTES: Rd 17 vs West Coast

Captain Max Gawn has a considerable lead over the injured reigning champion Christian Petracca in the Demonland Player of the Year Award. Steven May, Jack Viney & Alex Neal-Bullen, make up the Top 5. Your votes for the win against the Eagles. 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 ...READ MORE

Demonland | July 07

• PreGame      

PREGAME: Rd 18 vs Essendon

The Demons are back at the MCG once again and will once again be fighting for a spot in the Top 8 as they come face to face with Bombers on Saturday night. Who comes in and who goes out? ...READ MORE

Demonland | July 07

• Game Day      

GAMEDAY: Rd 17 vs West Coast

It’s game day and the Demons return to Melbourne to play the Eagles at the MCG for the first time in over a decade. A win keeps the Dees finals hopes alive whereas a loss will almost certainly slam the finals window shut ... READ MORE

Demonland | July 07

• Match Preview      

CROSSROADS by The Oracle

Melbourne stands at the crossroads. Sunday’s game against the West Coast Eagles who have not met the Demons at the MCG in more than ten years, is a make or break for the club’s finals aspirations ... READ MORE

Demonland | July 05

• Latest Podcast      

PODCAST: Rd 16 vs Brisbane

The boys dissected the heartbreaking loss against the Lions praising our fantastic 2nd quarter but lamenting our 2nd consecutive goalless final quarter ... LISTEN

Demonland | July 02

• Match Report      

INSANITY by Whispering Jack

Somehow, the Melbourne Football Club managed it twice in the course of a week. Coach Simon Goodwin admitted it in his press conference after the loss against the Brisbane Lions in a game where his team held a four goal lead in the third term: "In reality we went a bit safe." ... READ MORE

Demonland | June 30

• Casey Report      

DELUGE by KC from Casey

The Casey Demons overcame their inaccuracy and the wet inhospitable conditions to overrun the lowly Northern Bullants at Genis Steel Oval in Cramer Street, Preston on Saturday ... READ MORE

Demonland | June 30

• Next Match 

Round 18

vs   

Saturday 13th July 2024
    @ 07:30pm (MCG)

• MFC Forum  

• Match Previews & Reports  

• Training Forum  

• AFLW Forum  

• 2024 Player Sponsorship

• Injury List