Complaints & Whinges Thread

Here are my observations:

The pre game speech by Mark Neeld was televised live. What disturbed me was that a number of the Melbourne players were not even looking at Mark Neeld. When the speech finished the players left the room in silence to go onto the ground.

That was very, very disturbing. Where was the revving up?

A good coach has a game plan to suit his players. Does Mark Neeld?

To me many of the Demons are not working hard, and want to play contactless football.

Where is the ferocious attack on the ball and the man who has the ball?

Even when GWS were getting smashed last year you could see how the kids were having a red hot go. Not with the Demons.

In a few weeks I expect GWS to embarrass the Demons and comfortably win . .. why GWS were even ahead at Port Adelaide in the first quarter.

As has been mentioned this recorded speech was actually 90mins before the game. Before the warm up.

Here are my observations:

The pre game speech by Mark Neeld was televised live. What disturbed me was that a number of the Melbourne players were not even looking at Mark Neeld. When the speech finished the players left the room in silence to go onto the ground.

That was very, very disturbing. Where was the revving up?

I have to say that Neeld's pregame speech was one of the most depressing things I've heard. You'd run out onto the ground as flat as a tack.

It was polar opposite to Sheedy, who said to his players "don't let ANYONE INTIMIDATE YOU". I know which I prefer. And I'm no fan of Sheedy.

• Like 1

How about honouring contracts but telling Craig to take overall responsibility in caretaker

Neeld to coach mid field (a role he was apparently pretty good at) and see if we can work through this horrible mess

Players to lose beards and concentrate on playing I cannot believe that Watts has been reduced to the fumbling player he now is and all players seem affected by the same uncertainty bug Even Jack Viney seemed to hesitate. Get rid of it and we wouldnt be worrying about the CEO

It has been my opinion for a long time that Neelds brief when hired was to reshape the club to Schwabs vision. Big mistake putting in an inexperienced coach eager to prove himself, He became Schwabs stooge.

Good grief.

The time is right for a new CEO a proven coach & all seats on the Board to be open.

Orherwise we are finished.

Don't let the player off lightly WYL.

They're the ones who are out there supposedly playing the game.

i don't need to judge anymore Colin. Last night was it.

Our list management since 2007 has been atrocious bar Mitch Clark.

Mark Neeld does not have the experience to deal with THIS club. It's not him. But the club is that bad.

Sheedy should have got the gig in 2007.

I am tired of first time coaches being thrown to the wolves.

Dean & Mark are good people. But Coaching the MFC is for a hardened Bastard now.

I will demonstrate what I mean by logistics.

I said it in another thread about people challenging for the board when it was implied that someone on this site should put forward a ticket. Is there a candidate with connections in the civil, corporate and or football communities who can raise the money, organize the PR work, get a ticket together of like minded, talented individuals to target the incumbent board? If they challenge, will they win?

Say the board gets overthrown and they then want to get a new CEO and coach. Who is available? What process will we go through to hire the new coach and CEO? Who would want to come to us? What are we looking for in both those candidates? How long a brief will they get to implement their plans? Will the new coach want their own coaching staff (more payouts to come)? Can we afford all this? How do we justify this to the AFL and the MCC who essentially are keeping us profitable? How do we justify it to the financial members (though they are probably as angry as anyone)?

That's what I mean by 'judging on logistics'. To blow the club up in the space of a week, as much as we want to do it and as much as they deserve it, from a practical standpoint is impossible. I would suggest you wait and let the dominoes topple one by one. It will happen, trust me.

No no no. Craig to replace Neeld wod be a massive mistake, we need someone to reignite the flame and instill passion in the players not another robot.

My brother and I discussed this at the game last night - it's well and good to sack Neeld but who do you replace him with? I think we need an experienced coach rookie coaches have failed for us again and again. Roos would be ideal but there is no chance in hell that would ever happen. The names I came up with we're Ratten or Eade with Choco Williams an outside chance though not sure if he's still up to it tactically. As an outside the box there's also Sheedy after he's booted from GWS this year but its probably more of a shock value appointment, the game has probably passed him by and he'd probably laugh at us after we turned him down in '07.

As of writing, I would say until the end of the year with Craig. Right now, no one in their right mind would touch us. If he produces some results, keep him on but I doubt the love child of John Kennedy and Norm Smith would be able to get this lot up off the canvas. He is experienced and probably what we need right now. His teams were boring and played mostly to stop bad stuff happening to them, that description fits us perfectly.

No no no. Craig to replace Neeld wod be a massive mistake, we need someone to reignite the flame and instill passion in the players not another robot.

My brother and I discussed this at the game last night - it's well and good to sack Neeld but who do you replace him with? I think we need an experienced coach rookie coaches have failed for us again and again. Roos would be ideal but there is no chance in hell that would ever happen. The names I came up with we're Ratten or Eade with Choco Williams an outside chance though not sure if he's still up to it tactically. As an outside the box there's also Sheedy after he's booted from GWS this year but its probably more of a shock value appointment, the game has probably passed him by and he'd probably laugh at us after we turned him down in '07.

Peter Sumich, the guys the next John Longmire.

Edited by mjt