• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Message for Tom

DeeMfc

Dear Tom,

There are valid points being put across on this forum regarding your present situation and I guess everybody is entitled

to their own opinions on this matter.

Having said that there is more tripe being dribbled than valid points!

But this all comes down to the fact that we are passionate Demons supporters that, like you, have been hung out to dry by the systems

that have been put in place...

We are currently in the midst of a defining point in the history of this great club.

The club is under enormous pressure to perform by the supporters and the general football loving public.

Under this adversity is when we can see which players really want genuine success.

This will fast track our emergence from the current doldrums and it's now when players like yourself and others at the club with the same hunger for success will

shine through.

You are an important part of the future of our great club and as much as we would like to see you sign a contract now, the predicament that the current system has put you in

makes it difficult to do so.

When the time is right, we just want to see you pull on the #31 and say I'm a Demon for life so you, along with Trengove, Watts, Blease, Gysberts, Jurrah, Tapscott, Frawley and co.

can go out and chase that flag we all richly desire.

You have put forward your situation to the club and the media with great professionalism and we trust that in good time (soon please :) ) that the formalities can be sorted so we

as a club can move towards the prolonged success that should be just around the corner.

Cheers

DeeMfc

Where do you find the spare time to write something like this? Not suggesting it isn't well written, but it is hardly going to find Scully's eyes nor evoke a response if it were too.

Where do you find the spare time to write something like this? Not suggesting it isn't well written, but it is hardly going to find Scully's eyes nor evoke a response if it were too.

I can assure you I have much less spare time than most and I'm in no way expecting a response.

I'm simply putting a bit of perspective and common sense into place.

Do you disagree with anything I stated ?

I can assure you I have much less spare time than most and I'm in no way expecting a response.

I'm simply putting a bit of perspective and common sense into place.

Do you disagree with anything I stated ?

On the contrary, I like what you wrote. Just bemused that people have so much time to spend thinking about and writing about a football player. Not the end of the world if he leaves. Football is becoming more and more orientated towards money making, both for players and clubs as organisations/businesses. Losing good players is going to be a common thing from hereonin. Clubs with a lot of money (Collingwood, Carlton, Essendon, some interstate clubs etc) will dominate while clubs like Melbourne will struggle to keep good players and thus put a competetive team on the park. If Melbourne cannot win a flag in the next 5 or so years (i.e., this premiership window), than our chances at winning will only decrease barring some massive change in the clubs financial position.

The supporters have so much loyalty and passion for their club (like of us), but sadly this is not reflected (as much) in the team itself (with the exception of a few players). At the end of the day, a team is a product of 22 people (the best 22, not the whole list) who are there primarily because that club paid the highest price for their services.

Edited by Samsara

On the contrary, I like what you wrote. Just bemused that people have so much time to spend thinking about and writing about a football player. Not the end of the world if he leaves. Football is becoming more and more orientated towards money making, both for players and clubs as organisations/businesses. Losing good players is going to be a common thing from hereonin. Clubs with a lot of money (Collingwood, Carlton, Essendon, some interstate clubs etc) will dominate while clubs like Melbourne will struggle do keep good players and thus put a great team on the park. If Melbourne cannot win a flag in the next 5 or so years (i.e., this premiership window), than our chances at winning will only decreasing barring some massive change in the clubs financial position.

The supporters have so much loyalty and passion for their club, but sadly this is not reflected in the team itself (with the exception of a few players). A team is a product of 22 people who are their primarily because that club paid the highest price for their services.

I agree with your view.

Once again I can assure you that I am not dwelling on the situation and time is something I am generally short of.

Just putting my 2 bobs worth in that's all.

Cheers

DeeMfc

On the contrary, I like what you wrote. Just bemused that people have so much time to spend thinking about and writing about a football player. Not the end of the world if he leaves. Football is becoming more and more orientated towards money making, both for players and clubs as organisations/businesses. Losing good players is going to be a common thing from hereonin. Clubs with a lot of money (Collingwood, Carlton, Essendon, some interstate clubs etc) will dominate while clubs like Melbourne will struggle to keep good players and thus put a competetive team on the park. If Melbourne cannot win a flag in the next 5 or so years (i.e., this premiership window), than our chances at winning will only decrease barring some massive change in the clubs financial position.

The supporters have so much loyalty and passion for their club (like of us), but sadly this is not reflected (as much) in the team itself (with the exception of a few players). At the end of the day, a team is a product of 22 people (the best 22, not the whole list) who are there primarily because that club paid the highest price for their services.

Totally agree, I also like what was written, however if he wants to go so be it! I think you will find that with all of this focus on Tom what is to say we all won't be blind sided by one of our other kids leaving. This is a very strong reality whether he stays or goes!

We will still have young Jack Viney coming through father son plus multiple first round draft picks that haven't played or played under 30 games.

The likes of Scott Pendlebury and Dale Thomas have played around 110 games each and have only in the last two years become A grade players!

There is no use winding yourself up about him staying or going, direct your passion for the club towards Jimmy and the great work he is performing. I heard on SEN the other night that the MFC just purchased the Bentleigh club. This is a significant step in the right direction for MFC, supporters and players! We have gone from being in debt to having a money making asset, now I'm no account but to me that must mean we are starting and continuing to bank some coin!

Love the support for the club, but I'm looking at the big picture, I find it very pleasing at all of the pieces that are being put together. Short term pain for a greater gain I can deal with that. At least the club will still be there for my kids to support!

We at least have a direction to make the Flag grand again and Jimmy's leading the way!

Go Dees!

On the contrary, I like what you wrote. Just bemused that people have so much time to spend thinking about and writing about a football player.

That's a particularly strange view from a member of a football forum. The issue isn't how much time we spend thinking and writing about football or in this case a football player, it's how much time we spend on here when we should be doing those other things that normal, mature, well adjusted people apparently do. It's the investment of time that defines all dedicated Demonlanders as more than just your average follower of football or sports in general. Pretentious music lovers like myself will tell you that the people who frustrate the most are those who say they "listen to anything". Blaaaaaaaaaaaaah! You've just come onto a football forum and had a crack at someone for doing exactly what the forum was established to facilitate. Bizarre.

Thumbs up to the OP.