List cloggers

pitmaster

Yeah yeah, ok, he was drafted an elite kick.

He is short of elite, but he is not terrible.

Anyway, a lot of people splitting hairs here.

The issue is, if you're going to nominate him as a list clogger, it is not because of his kicking.

It's his strongest asset.

Actually Artie, I criticised his kicking AND decision making which btdemon has outlined pretty well now so I won't repeat it.

You're the one who insisted he was an elite kick and focussed the conversation on his kicking.

It's interesting you don't have any issue with Bate being on the list. Now, given the opportunity to get on to his preferred foot Bate is an elite kick: penetrating and accurate. The problem is that he now lacks the athleticism to get on to his preferred side, and that's the point about Maric - it's not what a player can do some of the time, it's what he does do most of the time.

I'd also like to renounce the thread title "list clogger". I used it because that's how it started on 'ology. Let's call em good VFL players. I'd be rapt if Bate or Maric proved me wrong but I can't see it happening.

Edited by pitmaster

Maric was drafted for his general high level of abilities and his goal kicking. Thats where the kicking came into it. It wasnt his general field kicking that he was known for it was his presence around goal. He was incredibly accurate. ...and can still be.

Im not really sure of any real merits of playing him all over the ground ( in a manner ) , other than some sort of interpreted general footy education . Hes a very capable forward pocket player..

ffs Bailey leave him there. Hes not a midfielder. Hes a goal kicker...and bloody hell we need them .

Guest Gotzy15

Probably the only 3 im totally convinced on are:

Newton

Bate

Strauss

Then the ones who are questionable:

Dunn

Warnock

Bennell- sadly because hes one of my favourites but geez how much longer can we tolerate it??

Morton

Jake Spencer

Austin Wonaemirri

Actually Artie, I criticised his kicking AND decision making which btdemon has outlined pretty well now so I won't repeat it.

You're the one who insisted he was an elite kick and focussed the conversation on his kicking.

It's interesting you don't have any issue with Bate being on the list. Now, given the opportunity to get on to his preferred foot Bate is an elite kick: penetrating and accurate. The problem is that he now lacks the athleticism to get on to his preferred side, and that's the point about Maric - it's not what a player can do some of the time, it's what he does do most of the time.

I'd also like to renounce the thread title "list clogger". I used it because that's how it started on 'ology. Let's call em good VFL players. I'd be rapt if Bate or Maric proved me wrong but I can't see it happening.

ridiculous, maric has the ball kicking it inside 50, bate has the ball kicking it inside 50, i sure as hell know that i would want maric kicking it. 9/10 maric has a slicing kick, it is only when he tries to do too much, tries to gain that extra 2 metres of space, or take on an opposition player when he comes unstuck. he has had a very high number of score involvements in previous weeks and usually is getting 1 or 2 assists.

he is not an elite afl kick yet, but he has the ablity to be an elite afl kick, he sure as hell on this season form is in my opinon at least, the first pick of our small forwards.

that being said

cloggers:

Warnock

Wonna

Bate

Morton

it is rough to say, but i dont see warnock or bate getting another season, even though they are great for our depth, im not sure if this is already answered, but how many players do we have to drop at the end of the season?

Guest Artie Bucco

Probably the only 3 im totally convinced on are:

Newton

Bate

Strauss

Then the ones who are questionable:

Dunn

Warnock

Bennell- sadly because hes one of my favourites but geez how much longer can we tolerate it??

Morton

Jake Spencer

Austin Wonaemirri

A ridiculous post.

I think you're blinded by the fact we have so many very young players on the list, you forget how young some of them are.

List cloggers are players that have clearly reached their peak and will not give you enough to be able to contend.

None of these players bolded have come close to their potential, and most have very little exposed form to even judge them on.

You need to re-think your assessment of the list, because it would have any team at the bottom of the ladder in perpetuity, not given the chance to develop any players in a reasonable timeframe.

When you look up list clogger in the dictionary there is a just picture of Michael Newton.

And when you look up the Thesaurus there is a whole list of alternatives, like ............ but I won't go there because it might be emabarrassing how many there are B)