Today proves to me that Bailey must go

Guest Thomo

The Guy is elite.

Luke Ball is not elite at all in the same category of Judd. He is a capable in and under footballer but lacks pace and does not hurt you by foot. Within the Collingwood set up he is an important cog in a very good team. But elite...no way.

At Collingwood the closest to elite they have is Swan and Pendlebury.

I like Tapscott and I think he was a better selection for MFC given its LT aspirations. But Tapscott > Ball at this point...Egads.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure why you don't understand that Luke Ball did not want to come to the MFC

MFC had enough brains NOT to pick him up when they could have

A lot of this game is based on attitude and what is between the ears along with the physical attributes required

I think this is also the basic reason we didn't draft Jack Darling as he didn't tick all the boxes

Cannot imagine playing for someone when you didn't want to be there as is the case with Luke Ball

If Ball is such a great captain then why isn't he captain now ?

Junior IMO was an excellent captain and the void he left is starting to show how valuable an on field leader can be

Sorry mate, but with that attitude this club will never improve right to the core.

Sometimes you don't get exactly what you want, and have to work hard wherever you end up.

We must start to go after the elite players otherwise we are truly wasting our time.

I am tired of picking up players like Cale Morton with pick number 4 because he has a good attitude.

Luke Ball doesn't need to be captain of Collingwood, at Melbourne he would have been great.

But it is all hyperthetical. Ball helped the Filth in 2 GF's while we are still in onfield freefall because of ordinary leaders.

Sorry mate, but with that attitude this club will never improve right to the core.

Sometimes you don't get exactly what you want, and have to work hard wherever you end up.

We must start to go after the elite players otherwise we are truly wasting our time.

I am tired of picking up players like Cale Morton with pick number 4 because he has a good attitude.

Luke Ball doesn't need to be captain of Collingwood, at Melbourne he would have been great.

But it is all hyperthetical. Ball helped the Filth in 2 GF's while we are still in onfield freefall because of ordinary leaders.

Curious WYL, who would you have given up to take Ball? Pies took him at #30, so you would have had to give up one of Scully, Trengove, Gysberts or Tapscott.

Ball is not elite and certainly was not when he went into the draft (signed with Collingwood). It would be good if you actually understood why we recruited players rather than you own self saucing logic.

The elite talent is going to come from Scully, Trengove, Watts, Frawley, Jurrah and Viney. Its got to be nurtured and developed. Its not going to come from the 25+ age group.

The elite talent is going to come from Scully, Trengove, Watts, Frawley, Jurrah and Viney. Its got to be nurtured and developed. Its not going to come from the 25+ age group.

The exact same thing was said 5 years ago but it was McLean/Sylvia/Jones/Miller/Rivers etc that were going to replace the oldies and deliver

Luke Ball is not elite at all in the same category of Judd. He is a capable in and under footballer but lacks pace and does not hurt you by foot. Within the Collingwood set up he is an important cog in a very good team. But elite...no way.

At Collingwood the closest to elite they have is Swan and Pendlebury.

I like Tapscott and I think he was a better selection for MFC given its LT aspirations. But Tapscott > Ball at this point...Egads.

C'mon Rhino, have you ever watched Luke Ball train? 8-10 hour sessions are normal.

I often went down to moorabbintraining with my brother, Luke Ball never left anything in the tank. He is an elite player of his kind, i never said he was a judd clone.

We could so use him this year, And i am a big fan of Tapscott, but Ball was a true leader, the type of player who could start to straighten this club out onfield.

Time will tell, but right now i am thinking we should have put our foot down & made a stand.

Ball is not elite and certainly was not when he went into the draft (signed with Collingwood). It would be good if you actually understood why we recruited players rather than you own self saucing logic.

WRONG!

No feel for footy mate. Almost every post you deliver is entirely clueless.

We have gone after elite players. We have failed. Remember Judd?

Ball is a good player in a fantastic team. He actively did not want to come to Melbourne.

Fev kicked 5 at Casey this week - let's lock him in.

Gysberts without a doubt.

Not a clue. Not one.

Ball, if he was forced to play for a club he didn't want to, would be helping a mediocre club stay mediocre.

Clubs that pick Ball are clubs that are on the verge and have a gap. Or Richmond 5 years ago.

Not a clue. Not one.

Ball, if he was forced to play for a club he didn't want to, would be helping a mediocre club stay mediocre.

Clubs that pick Ball are clubs that are on the verge and have a gap. Or Richmond 5 years ago.

Well then let's see where we are in 5 years then, this club needs leadership to learn these talented kids.

You mentioned Fevola not i.

Well then let's see where we are in 5 years then, this club needs leadership to learn these talented kids.

You mentioned Fevola not i.

Yeh, let's import our leadership from a bloke who doesn't want to play for us and won't even give us his medical records. That's awesome. You said it, not I.

No feel for footy mate. Almost every post you deliver is entirely clueless.

We have gone after elite players. We have failed. Remember Judd?

Ball is a good player in a fantastic team. He actively did not want to come to Melbourne.

Fev kicked 5 at Casey this week - let's lock him in.

So because we could not snare Judd we just give up trying to recruit top line players do we??

That's the current attitude of our captain.

Luke Ball is far better than just "good". Clueless....indeed.

Fair suck of the sauce bottle mate!!

Yeh, let's import our leadership from a bloke who doesn't want to play for us and won't even give us his medical records. That's awesome. You said it, not I.

Why bother to have a draft system with your attitude...?

Why bother to have a draft system with your attitude...?

It's not about Choko's attitude - Ball did not want to come to Melbourne. He made it completely plain that he wanted to go to Collingwood and was making noises about possibly refusing to play for another club if they drafted him.

It's not about Choko's attitude - Ball did not want to come to Melbourne. He made it completely plain that he wanted to go to Collingwood and was making noises about possibly refusing to play for another club if they drafted him.

I know perfectly well he did not want to come to Melbourne..But if we were feeding his Bank Account each month i am sure his attitude would change.

We Baulked and got scared and that pi$$ed me off at the time.

I know perfectly well he did not want to come to Melbourne..But if we were feeding his Bank Account each month i am sure his attitude would change.

We Baulked and got scared and that pi$$ed me off at the time.

Yes... leadership is filling my bank account so I like you.

I find it interesting that most on this site would give their left one for Stynes if he asked us to, and he has continually said that he will wait until the end of the year to determine the appropriate action in regards to our Coach, yet most on this site don't want to do that?

Jim knows what he is doing, he has delivered every promise so far, why don't we give him the time that he has asked for? Do you think for one minute that he will sit there and watch all his hard work start crumbling down?

As supporters that have seen some tough decades, we should get a grip on reality and know that our senior players are not the top line players we need them to be. These players have always been front runners, and with a team as young as ours, we will see many inconsistent performances for the rest of the year. We need our senior players to bring the kids in to the game when they are down, sadly, it is when the kids are playing well that our senior players stand up. This cannot be blamed on Bailey. He is weeding out that level of player that we have, but imagine if he did it all in one year. We wont win a flag with our older guys being our "headline acts", but I have great confidence, on exposed form, that the young players that have been brought in to the Club over the past 4 years are players that can be at that level that we need.

Scully signing will be the most important thing this Club needs to do at year end. I wouldn't be surprised if the ongoing saga is putting doubts in the players minds. Maybe they are asking themselves "if the best young player in the land, who is the ulimate professional, hasn't signed yet, why not?" It's a confidence thing, and unfortunately, it is something out of the control of everyone (except TS himself).