Ultimate Footy

JACKATTACK

Because it was ridiculously heavily weighted and the stewards would of surely got called in and it vetoed in a hurry. A 3 for 1. He may want Martin at all costs. Think Varcoe, Barlow, Ward in terms of the ridiculous meter. Martin may be having a good season, and he may need an additional flexible ruck, but even I can see the nonsense in that proposal. Plus it didn't suit my needs.

I think I'm being much more reasonable with my alternative proposal. We'll see...

Fair enough makes much more sense once the players are revealed.

I wonder if it would add another dynamic if all trade proposals where visable to all Coaches?

As for Stef Martin I picked him up from the player pool about round 3 from memory.

Traded him to Robbo 24 for Robbie Gray about round 7.

Little did I know what Gold I had stumbled on at the time.

I wouldn't be giving him up at all this late in the season.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hear you JCB;this year is too far gone to make policy changes, but for next year there are a few ways to tackle this problem. Firstly, we need coaches to keep updating their teams as much as possible. The other thing I can do is update teams that are not being updated by coaches, because I started the league I can change teams. I have avoided it so far because it has potential to cause lots of problems. Coaches getting annoyed when I forget to change a team, or changing teams when I maybe shouldn't have. It's a can of worms that requires thought before I open it.

As for banning coaches, or some other kind of similar action, I can't see how that would benefit the competition. Yes it's tough luck, but every coach has their tough luck story.

Thanks JA- THAT'S ALL I ASK..Best of luck this round.

My two cents worth

I think we have all considered The Scarlett disappearing & reapperaring scenario.

It did give a 4 point advantage to several teams, it also embarrassed a couple like Eth 38 & myself.

However Kreuzer & a few had returned before we both faced him.

It plainly was unfair however when you factor in The Bye's in 2011 I guess the playing field has never been even.

All about luck & what team you run into on any given week with injuries & Bye's.

Lets move on, learn from this & as JCB suggested work on a game plan that deals with this in 2012.

UF has been great value in 2011 to date & lets hope we continue this well into future seasons.

PS : I am about to make my Unprecedented Charge to the Finals. Lets Play!!!

OMR

And I sincerely agree with you regarding --Ultimate footy has been great, but better now that I have learnt from HT about proposing to trade.Very much looking forward to playing for a long, long time.Rivetting stuff.But, I look forward to playing in fair rules for all.

On the note earlier, scarlett please explain to me how your trade benefits me in the slightest. The trade I offered you gave a chance to each parties, reason with me how even remotely I would consider that trade..

sorry mate i was just playing around and didnt think i actually pushed trade, i am currently removing all trade pendings due to the issues brought up by jcb, i looked at it from his point of view and see his point, if someone tried to trade with me earlier and i was on to accept/counter, then it would be unfair to do it now. i apologies with my on again off again ultimate footy, 4 month old plus working atleast 80 hours a week at the moment are making it a bit hard

and replying stef martin, kruez doesnt win the hitouts against recognised ruckman, i was thinking about putting stef in the backline kreuz in the forward and pick up a ruckman, stef often picks up plenty of possies and so does kruez, thought i could trade my way into the eight!

sorry mate i was just playing around and didnt think i actually pushed trade, i am currently removing all trade pendings due to the issues brought up by jcb, i looked at it from his point of view and see his point, if someone tried to trade with me earlier and i was on to accept/counter, then it would be unfair to do it now. i apologies with my on again off again ultimate footy, 4 month old plus working atleast 80 hours a week at the moment are making it a bit hard

No problem mate.

PS. That is busy.

and replying stef martin, kruez doesnt win the hitouts against recognised ruckman, i was thinking about putting stef in the backline kreuz in the forward and pick up a ruckman, stef often picks up plenty of possies and so does kruez, thought i could trade my way into the eight!

No problem there either. That's exactly why I have him in my backline. I sent an offer back.

UF has been great value in 2011 to date & lets hope we continue this well into future seasons.

Been awesome. This comp is going to be hard to sneak into next season. I feel like there'll be a lot of people wanting in.

Dappa- thanks for having a say- all I am after is some ruling for next year.\

Which is fine, again, assuming that all 16 members (including new ones) understand the new rules and why they were implemented. Any rules stuck in will likely be VERY easy to exploit what with the anonymous nature of this site. I think also my point always was that what Scarlett's done here is EXTREMELY lucky. If any one of us recruited our side then left it alone for half the season, 99 times out of a hundred you'll end up uncompetitive. In other words, if you let it stay this way next year, I doubt you'd find anyone losing games to someone who had been busy/overseas for half the season. Having said that, your point is well taken... winning 8-1 against a team with 5 outs, vs winning 5-4 against a team of mostly rejects created an advantage with percentage...

4 month old plus working atleast 80 hours a week at the moment are making it a bit hard

Lift your game princess. It's called priorities. ;)

Kidding. I should mention no-one's attacking you Scarlet. No need to apologise. This comp needs rules for people who go AWOL for a few weeks at a time. Life DOES intervene.

I hear you JCB;this year is too far gone to make policy changes, but for next year there are a few ways to tackle this problem. Firstly, we need coaches to keep updating their teams as much as possible. The other thing I can do is update teams that are not being updated by coaches, because I started the league I can change teams. I have avoided it so far because it has potential to cause lots of problems. Coaches getting annoyed when I forget to change a team, or changing teams when I maybe shouldn't have. It's a can of worms that requires thought before I open it.

Towards the end of the finals, we should probably send a league-wide PM suggesting that everyone return for next season. Obviously not everyone will, the stress will be all too much for HT ;)... But it would be good to get as many from this league back again as possible. That way any rules we establish will be well explained, the drama won't have to be revisited etc etc...

And plus, it heightens the rivalry, going year-in-year-out.

No sweat scarlett.

jcb will be a happy man.

No issue towards happiness.JA has agreed that rules will be brought in for 2012- that is what wanted.I accept Scarlett not trading- I think that is fair and HT - my GRAND FINAL COMES UP NEXT WEEK AGAINST YOU.Especially after getting belted this week.And please note I strongly suggest Scarlett plays and plays to WIN every match for the rest of the year.I genuinely believe he can make the 8, even from here,and be a geniune threat in the finals.He has a strong list now and is coaching very well. I hope he does trade -as long as it improves his team - thus trying to belt everyone like he has me this round for the remainder.So go for it Scarlett.

Edited by jayceebee31

sorry mate i was just playing around and didnt think i actually pushed trade, i am currently removing all trade pendings due to the issues brought up by jcb, i looked at it from his point of view and see his point, if someone tried to trade with me earlier and i was on to accept/counter, then it would be unfair to do it now. i apologies with my on again off again ultimate footy, 4 month old plus working at least 80 hours a week at the moment are making it a bit hard

Please trade or do what ever you feel helps you to WIN. I truthfully want you to do your best. I feel you can still win the Grand final ,even from here, if you give your best. All I have been ravin about is- rules to cover the 8 week break for 2012.We all have to play fairly. I have got my response from JA --and that makes me happy. But I also don't want you to be snowed by some other player.Go for it- give it your all- whether you trade or not.You have belted me this round, all I want you to do- is do the same to others.

I accept Scarlett not trading- I think that is fair and HT - my GRAND FINAL COMES UP NEXT WEEK AGAINST YOU.

Nice to see your hidden feelings come to light.

I hope he does trade -as long as it improves his team - thus trying to belt everyone like he has me this round for the remainder. So go for it Scarlett.

But I also don't want you to be snowed by some other player.

Go for it- give it your all- whether you trade or not.

I agree that scarlett should be allowed to trade.

Also, High Tower, any news on the idea of a fantasy footy sub-board?

I did bring it to the table eth38 for discussion. However, other mods were of the belief it wasn't needed.

We could put the thread(s) re fantasy football in Other Sports or even use the General Discussion forum. Not as much traffic goes through those forums and the threads wouldn't drop off the first page in each of these.

Nice to see your hidden feelings come to light.

Sorry HT- I meant not trading with you re 3 players to one..Got it...?

Edited by jayceebee31

Sorry HT- I meant not trading with you re 3 players to one..Got it...?

I agree. Hence why I rejected it.

But I'm all for a sensible trade and my counter offer to scarlett I believe was just that.

And scarlett - as you've stated - has the green light to trade.

I agree. Hence why I rejected it.

But I'm all for a sensible trade and my counter offer to scarlett I believe was just that.

And scarlett - as you've stated - has the green light to trade.

I have no issue then...if so I can reject it..and don't worry I'll say so-if I think something is underhanded. The game goes on- several weeks (5) to go and anything can happen.

Towards the end of the finals, we should probably send a league-wide PM suggesting that everyone return for next season. Obviously not everyone will, the stress will be all too much for HT ;)... But it would be good to get as many from this league back again as possible. That way any rules we establish will be well explained, the drama won't have to be revisited etc etc...

And plus, it heightens the rivalry, going year-in-year-out.

Definately agree the original 16 Teams of 2011 should get automatic entries into the 2012 Comp

Most likely we wont get 100% return rate but at that point we should then open up for new Players/Teams

& any new teams can expect the same welcome to the big Leauge as Gold Coast & GWS. No Mercy on game day, Crush them ;-)

Definately agree the original 16 Teams of 2011 should get automatic entries into the 2012 Comp

Most likely we wont get 100% return rate but at that point we should then open up for new Players/Teams

& any new teams can expect the same welcome to the big Leauge as Gold Coast & GWS. No Mercy on game day, Crush them ;-)

Im keen to see with the new comp size whether the supercoach/dreamteam/ ultimate footy leagues get moved to leagues of 18.

Also i agree I think all 16 teams have been exceptional in the sense of participating and interacting with the other coaches. I always take more note of the comments made by people playing UF haha

Also, High Tower, any news on the idea of a fantasy footy sub-board?

Well played Eth38

That was a gripping 4 - 4 Draw

Luke Hodge 40 Disposals in a losing team - Amazing

Our game was actually decided with the last possesion of the last game of the round.

Free kick to Dal Santo, he kicked it with 2 seconds on the clock to level us @ 112 kicks each.

& well done Jack Attack on finally ending Range Rovers amazing winning run of 9 straight.

I'll be doing everything to extend his losing run next round. :-)

Finally Draw No.6 for JCB. You are either very Lucky or Unlucky this season. Either way you are hard to beat.

Edited by Old Man Rivers

& well done Jack Attack on finally ending Range Rovers amazing winning run of 9 straight.

Quite pleased with myself on that one, that makes 10 from the last 11 after a weak start to the season.

The jackattacks are hitting their straps at just the right time.

Well played Eth38

That was a gripping 4 - 4 Draw

Luke Hodge 40 Disposals in a losing team - Amazing

Our game was actually decided with the last possesion of the last game of the round.

Free kick to Dal Santo, he kicked it with 2 seconds on the clock to level us @ 112 kicks each.

Finally Draw No.6 for JCB. You are either very Lucky or Unlucky this season. Either way you are hard to beat.

Yeah mate, good game. Thought I was going to come out on top in that one too, was hoping Nick Dal and Harvey would get injured or something for my team's sake :)

Accepted your trade, by the way.