Ultimate Footy

JACKATTACK

Have to agree, I guess...

That game he racked up 35 hitouts and about 20 touches (along with his 1-2 goals every game he chips in with), I was SO jealous... My second ruckman/sneaky hitout winner at the start of the year was supposed to be McKernan.

Cyril Rioli is up for trade.

Make me an offer...

Dane Beams. :D :D :D

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hightower, i offered you a fair bit for old stef, if your not happy feel free to counter and we'll see if we can come up with something.

Got your offer scarlett. It's like parting with your love child. It's an enticing offer, 3 for 1, but Martin has given me plenty of late and I'll have to look at my list (the balance of it). He's been down back racking up the possessions and giving me the hit out category. I'll get back to you shortly. It's good to see you active again and I encourage you to keep going, you're not that far out of the top 8. It's a very good game (well done jackattack!). That new child of yours has kept you busy I guess.

I think it's obvious to all that with Dappa having big Sandy we were all looking at ways to compete with Dappa, but RR, JCB, snomeD, robbo24 and jackattack, 45HG16 have proven balance is just as good. Now with Sandy having a degenerative turf toe problem, he can't get off the turf. It has to be a concern, hence Dappa trading for McIntosh.

That said scarlett, I will be weighing up my options. It's a big call on Stef and I'm somewhat reluctant. The bottom line is having the strongest possible list available to call on at the pointy end of the season. But, I'm also not in the eight, yet and I've got to get there....hmmm. This is what list managers and coaches thrive on.

I'll be in contact one way or the other.

Got your offer scarlett. It's like parting with your love child. It's an enticing offer, 3 for 1, but Martin has given me plenty of late and I'll have to look at my list (the balance of it). He's been down back racking up the possessions and giving me the hit out category. I'll get back to you shortly. It's good to see you active again and I encourage you to keep going, you're not that far out of the top 8. It's a very good game (well done jackattack!). That new child of yours has kept you busy I guess.

I think it's obvious to all that with Dappa having big Sandy we were all looking at ways to compete with Dappa, but RR, JCB, snomeD, robbo24 and jackattack, 45HG16 have proven balance is just as good. Now with Sandy having a degenerative turf toe problem, he can't get off the turf. It has to be a concern, hence Dappa trading for McIntosh.

That said scarlett, I will be weighing up my options. It's a big call on Stef and I'm somewhat reluctant. The bottom line is having the strongest possible list available to call on at the pointy end of the season. But, I'm also not in the eight, yet and I've got to get there....hmmm. This is what list managers and coaches thrive on.

I'll be in contact one way or the other.

Talking of Scarlet- whom I'm currently playing,I feel it is not fair that several of us have to play him now ,when he is fair dinkum and others played him when he was not interested and had many players not even playing.This happened 8 times.Next year the rules have to cover this type of behaviour as it is not fair for all in the comp..If I loose, I'm protesting.I don't believe he should even be able to trade.He should be barred.

Edited by jayceebee31

Talking of Scarlet- whom I'm currently playing,I feel it is not fair that several of us have to play him now ,when he is fair dinkum and others played him when he was not interested and had many players not even playing.This happened 8 times.Next year the rules have to cover this type of behaviour as it is not fair for all in the comp..If I loose, I'm protesting.I don't believe he should even be able to trade.He should be barred.

Hey, he still managed to beat me.

I see your point, but I don't really agree. I mean you haven't traded either. He's posted occasionally and made 4 or so signings, that's one more than Jackattack and I think 45HG16. So he hasn't been totally inactive.

edit: He probably should have traded or signed a ruck much earlier though. Now that Kreuzer is back, he looks more dangerous.

He's already won a few games anyway before this week. scarlett is 5 and 9 (5 wins)...and you think he should be barred ? C'mon JCB.

PS. Wouldn't have anything to do with scarlett being 7 -1 up in your match-up at present, would it ? :)

I see your point, but I don't really agree. I mean you haven't traded either. He's posted occasionally and made 4 or so signings, that's one more than Jackattack and I think 45HG16. So he hasn't been totally inactive.

edit: He probably should have traded or signed a ruck much earlier though. Now that Kreuzer is back, he looks more dangerous.

He's already won a few games anyway before this week. scarlett is 5 and 9 (5 wins)...and you think he should be barred ? C'mon JCB.

PS. Wouldn't have anything to do with scarlett being 7 -1 up in your match-up at present, would it ? :)

HT- It is not abut allowing Scarlett to trade as such - he should have been barred weeks ago. It is an unfair advantage when he did not play for 8 weeks and gave just about a walk in for 8 players.This affects things like wins, percentages etc..

Re me being behind 7 to 1.Get real HT, I'll give him a good workout- not one of my players have played yet.

It is nor sour grapes that I am binging this up- it is the rules for the future and lastly, it is all right you being smug about the whole thing, he didn't play against you when you won 8 to 1. It is unfair to 8 players whom have to play Scarlett on their merits and that is NOT FAIR IN MY OPINION.There should be rules to cover that.And as a betting man - do you want to bet Scarlet against me this round.And have a look at the ladder and see where I am and where you are Mr Trader..Know all.

And I would like to also congratulate Deevoted..Whilst he hasn't had the greatest time he at least has played every round and given his best..been responsible to all other players and has not given an unfair advantage to others..

Edited by jayceebee31

On the note earlier, scarlett please explain to me how your trade benefits me in the slightest. The trade I offered you gave a chance to each parties, reason with me how even remotely I would consider that trade..

Please note ALL PLAYERS..the reason I have brought up the Scarlet scenario is for us to look at the rules for next year.Also, if a new player/s come in , they understand how to play..I didn't know how to propose a trade till HT pointed that out to me..unfair advantages..

HT- It is not abut allowing Scarlett to trade as such - he should have been barred weeks ago. It is an unfair advantage when he did not play for 8 weeks and gave just about a walk in for 8 players.This affects things like wins, percentages etc..

Re me being behind 7 to 1.Get real HT, I'll give him a good workout- not one of my players have played yet.

It is nor sour grapes that I am binging this up- it is the rules for the future and lastly, it is all right you being smug about the whole thing, he didn't play against you when you won 8 to 1. It is unfair to 8 players whom have to play Scarlett on their merits and that is NOT FAIR IN MY OPINION.There should be rules to cover that.And as a betting man - do you want to bet Scarlet against me this round.And have a look at the ladder and see where I am and where you are Mr Trader..Know all.

And I would like to also congratulate Deevoted..Whilst he hasn't had the greatest time he at least has played every round and given his best..been responsible to all other players and has not given an unfair advantage to others..

I'm not being smug about. I just wonder why you bring it up now instead of "weeks ago", that's why I find it coincidental. You're 1-7 down, you're playing scarlett, yet you didn't mention it at the start of this week ?

I hope you give him a good workout, you've given nearly everyone a workout all year.

I'm not being smug about. I just wonder why you bring it up now instead of "weeks ago", that's why I find it coincidental. You're 1-7 down, you're playing scarlett, yet you didn't mention it at the start of this week ?

I hope you give him a good workout, you've given nearly everyone a workout all year.

Good point you raised..I didn't want to raise it before I

It is unfair to 8 players whom have to play Scarlett on their merits and that is NOT FAIR IN MY OPINION.

That's always been a big achilles heel of UF... Along with the trading issues we came across earlier this year, and the end of year trading that can happen.

We could try to put a few things in place next year, like proposing that anyone who hasn't logged in gets their picks redistributed (way too complicated)... maybe they're removed from the ladder and it becomes a bye (still not fair)... Perhaps enlist a trusted manager of the league who can set their side when they're away. None of these are solutions...

I think JCB that this is just something you're going to have to wear. You're right that it IS unfair, and it exposes a problem in Ufooty... The thing is that if your side is good enough, it should be able to beat someone who hasn't looked at his team all year. The cream till rises to the top, and not being able to take advantage of trades and signings all year through is a HUGE disadvantage to Scarlet. It's an incredible stroke of luck that he even has a side that's still competitive.

Good point you raised..I didn't want to raise it before I

My two cents worth

I think we have all considered The Scarlett disappearing & reapperaring scenario.

It did give a 4 point advantage to several teams, it also embarrassed a couple like Eth 38 & myself.

However Kreuzer & a few had returned before we both faced him.

It plainly was unfair however when you factor in The Bye's in 2011 I guess the playing field has never been even.

All about luck & what team you run into on any given week with injuries & Bye's.

Lets move on, learn from this & as JCB suggested work on a game plan that deals with this in 2012.

UF has been great value in 2011 to date & lets hope we continue this well into future seasons.

PS : I am about to make my Unprecedented Charge to the Finals. Lets Play!!!

OMR

That's always been a big achilles heel of UF... Along with the trading issues we came across earlier this year, and the end of year trading that can happen.

We could try to put a few things in place next year, like proposing that anyone who hasn't logged in gets their picks redistributed (way too complicated)... maybe they're removed from the ladder and it becomes a bye (still not fair)... Perhaps enlist a trusted manager of the league who can set their side when they're away. None of these are solutions...

I think JCB that this is just something you're going to have to wear. You're right that it IS unfair, and it exposes a problem in Ufooty... The thing is that if your side is good enough, it should be able to beat someone who hasn't looked at his team all year. The cream till rises to the top, and not being able to take advantage of trades and signings all year through is a HUGE disadvantage to Scarlet. It's an incredible stroke of luck that he even has a side that's still competitive.

Dappa- thanks for having a say- all I am after is some ruling for next year.By gee he has a good side now.However, some of his players such as Krueser did not start playing until 4 weeks ago.I am not worried about being beaten this week- actually, I think I can get over the line.But HT is playing me next week and I don't want him to gain another advantage over me by unfair trading with Scarlet. Especially when OMR claims Scarlet has not been fair with him.Best of luck this round Dap.

Dappa- thanks for having a say- all I am after is some ruling for next year.By gee he has a good side now.However, some of his players such as Krueser did not start playing until 4 weeks ago.I am not worried about being beaten this week- actually, I think I can get over the line.But HT is playing me next week and I don't want him to gain another advantage over me by unfair trading with Scarlet. Especially when OMR claims Scarlet has not been fair with him.Best of luck this round Dap.

I hear you JCB;this year is too far gone to make policy changes, but for next year there are a few ways to tackle this problem. Firstly, we need coaches to keep updating their teams as much as possible. The other thing I can do is update teams that are not being updated by coaches, because I started the league I can change teams. I have avoided it so far because it has potential to cause lots of problems. Coaches getting annoyed when I forget to change a team, or changing teams when I maybe shouldn't have. It's a can of worms that requires thought before I open it.

As for banning coaches, or some other kind of similar action, I can't see how that would benefit the competition. Yes it's tough luck, but every coach has their tough luck story.

You've got to admit you've been caught out there HT.

Scarlett has had 3 players play, JCB 0.

Well aware of who has played 45. And those players have contributed well. Hence my point.

Fwiw, he's offer was heavily weighted towards me which I rejected, but I have returned an offer in due course. Hopefully scarlett observes it because I think it's a win-win. Waiting scarlo...

Fwiw, he's offer was heavily weighted towards me which I rejected, but I have returned an offer in due course. Hopefully scarlett observes it because I think it's a win-win. Waiting scarlo...

HT just curious why you would reject an offer that was heavily weighted towards you?

HT just curious why you would reject an offer that was heavily weighted towards you?

Because it was ridiculously heavily weighted and the stewards would of surely got called in and it vetoed in a hurry. A 3 for 1. He may want Martin at all costs. Think Varcoe, Barlow, Ward in terms of the ridiculous meter. Martin may be having a good season, and he may need an additional flexible ruck, but even I can see the nonsense in that proposal. Plus it didn't suit my needs.

I think I'm being much more reasonable with my alternative proposal. We'll see...