NFL

Dappa Dan

Looks like the Falcons ruined tipping for everyone this week... Just a question for you all out there, your side trails 13-17, there's 3 mins 30 on the clock. You face a 4th & goal on the 2 yard line, do you go for it and at worst have the 49ers backed up on there 1 yard line or kick the field goal and hope your average D can get the ball back ? Oh and you already burnt one time out on a crap challenge....

Looks like the Falcons ruined tipping for everyone this week... Just a question for you all out there, your side trails 13-17, there's 3 mins 30 on the clock. You face a 4th & goal on the 2 yard line, do you go for it and at worst have the 49ers backed up on there 1 yard line or kick the field goal and hope your average D can get the ball back ? Oh and you already burnt one time out on a crap challenge....

On the road you'd reckon you'd have to go for it ... I take it that Atlanta didn't get the ball back? Haven't seen the highlights yet.

• Like 1

I've not finished watching the games but wanted to ask does anyone know of a decent coach and QB? Send there resume care of LA Rams.

It was an interesting game. It was very windy to one end. Your kicker hit a 61 yard FG. Foles can throw but they don't give him many plays to do so. There were about 1000 end around runs for Gurley or Austin. That was the extent of the Rams offense all day. The game got pretty heated once bridgewater got KO'd. A low tackle to his knees just before that got everyone fired up. Overall the Rams are OK if they can utilise the weapons they have downfield a bit more and as long as the LA stadium has a roof.

No one pick up any points in the comp ... next week we play for 2 points again (I'll post up the week 10 schedule tomorrow)

Tipping Comp Points Table

5 - Gorgoroth

4 - JV7

3 - cowboy_from_ hell

Georgiou R.R. Martin

1 - titan_uranus

Macca

0 - Everyone else

It was an interesting game. It was very windy to one end. Your kicker hit a 61 yard FG. Foles can throw but they don't give him many plays to do so. There were about 1000 end around runs for Gurley or Austin. That was the extent of the Rams offense all day. The game got pretty heated once bridgewater got KO'd. A low tackle to his knees just before that got everyone fired up. Overall the Rams are OK if they can utilise the weapons they have downfield a bit more and as long as the LA stadium has a roof.

It's like deja vu all over again with the Packers & Vikings cfh (it was 3 years ago actually - how time flies)

The game in 2 weeks has suddenly become an ultra important one. If your blokes can eke out a win at Oakland next week then our match-up will have a lot riding on it.

What a win. Philly are fired up!

Are Dallas completely out of it now? Even with Romo back they still have to go to Green Bay and they also host the Panthers in 3 weeks. All the same, they'd still need to win at least 7 of their last 8 games to make it you'd reckon.

In my opinion it's now down to the Eagles or Giants.

It's like deja vu all over again with the Packers & Vikings cfh (it was 3 years ago actually - how time flies)

The game in 2 weeks has suddenly become an ultra important one. If your blokes can eke out a win at Oakland next week then our match-up will have a lot riding on it.

Are Dallas completely out of it now? Even with Romo back they still have to go to Green Bay and they also host the Panthers in 3 weeks. All the same, they'd still need to win at least 7 of their last 8 games to make it you'd reckon.

In my opinion it's now down to the Eagles or Giants.

Yeah I still remember that win in the last round over Green Bay to get the wildcard spot. I still think Green Bay were happy to lose that game to play us the week later. A lot of analysts are pumping up the vikes and are jumping off Green Bay. I wouldn't be so quick to do that. Vikings have a tougher schedule down the stretch then Green Bay. We still have to play Atlanta, Seattle,Arizona and of course Green Bay twice. The win over the Rams was our first this year against a team with a winning record and the packers two losses were against undefeated teams. Green bay has 4 divisional games in a row coming up and that means wins against a horrible Detroit and a pesky Chicago who have been good but not great. I'm still hoping for a wild card spot I don't think we are king of the North yet. Edited by cowboy_from_hell
  • Like 1

Yeah I still remember that win in the last round over Green Bay to get the wildcard spot. I still think Green Bay were happy to lose that game to play us the week later. A lot of analysts are pumping up the vikes and are jumping off Green Bay. I wouldn't be so quick to do that. Vikings have a tougher schedule down the stretch then Green Bay. We still have to play Atlanta, Seattle,Arizona and of course Green Bay twice. The win over the Rams was our first this year against a team with a winning record and the packers two losses were against undefeated teams. Green bay has 4 divisional games in a row coming up and that means wins against a horrible Detroit and a pesky Chicago who have been good but not great. I'm still hoping for a wild card spot I don't think we are king of the North yet.

Bridgewater cleared to play? I heard he passed the first concussion test but it was a decent blow he received.

I reckon he's being used well and the Vikings have a very even game because of it ... 6 & 2 is a very good start, all things considered.

As I mentioned earlier, Rodgers has needed to thread the eye of the needle to find his WR's this season and that's a hard thing to sustain ... we really need a strong running game to be a threat and we're up and down in that area.

Plus, our opposition are getting too much of the ball which is putting pressure on our average defense. We're the sort of team that needs to score a lot of points to win games against decent opposition - that's entirely possible of course. When we're on our game, we're always a threat ... but, there's any number of sides that we could say that about.

Anyway, 2 points are up for grabs this week in the comp and here's the week 10 games (man, the season is going quickly - again!)

• Like 1

Seeing Foles over throw Gurley on a screen so high and hard it went out of bounds on the full.

I think Fisher has to go, it always seems like we are after the trick play, and as you said so many end arounds etc, just look at Brady, Rogers etc do, the constantly get 3-4 yards each pass and move the chains, get confidence.

Face it, if not for our D, we would get pumped.

Bridgewater cleared to play? I heard he passed the first concussion test but it was a decent blow he received.

I reckon he's being used well and the Vikings have a very even game because of it ... 6 & 2 is a very good start, all things considered.

As I mentioned earlier, Rodgers has needed to thread the eye of the needle to find his WR's this season and that's a hard thing to sustain ... we really need a strong running game to be a threat and we're up and down in that area.

Plus, our opposition are getting too much of the ball which is putting pressure on our average defense. We're the sort of team that needs to score a lot of points to win games against decent opposition - that's entirely possible of course. When we're on our game, we're always a threat ... but, there's any number of sides that we could say that about.

Anyway, 2 points are up for grabs this week in the comp and here's the week 10 games (man, the season is going quickly - again!)

I'd say bridgewater will play I heard a interview with OC norv turner who said he is fine. Teddy still misses some downfield throws especially to mike Wallace who was picked up for his deep receiving abilities. If he can sort that out we can put some points up. We struggle in the red zone and all of our wins have come on the back of a really good defense. Our pass rush is right up there and most of it comes from our linebackers. If we can sort out our offense then we can go places.

• Like 1

Haven't heard that, but I've not been on any NFL sites for days.

The Teddy KO is a funny one, I think our guy continued with it and probably could have stayed more upright, so the penalty was warranted. but the QB's are now sliding later to get more distance. I'd hate to be a defender cos you can't win. Go as to hit them and then they slide and cop the penalty, don't really go at them and allow them to get a few more yards.

Haven't heard that, but I've not been on any NFL sites for days.

The Teddy KO is a funny one, I think our guy continued with it and probably could have stayed more upright, so the penalty was warranted. but the QB's are now sliding later to get more distance. I'd hate to be a defender cos you can't win. Go as to hit them and then they slide and cop the penalty, don't really go at them and allow them to get a few more yards.

It was more because there was a low hit on bridgewaters knees a couple of plays before that. It made it look like St.louis had decided to try and hurt teddy. I doubt it but your DC is the same bloke who has been filmed telling his New Orleans players to target a blokes knees because he just came back from a ACL. Then he was busted and suspended for bounty gate. I'd say last weeks hits to bridgewater weren't malicious but more a little over the top. It doesn't help that QB's slide at the very last moment to try and get a little contact from the defender to draw a penalty.

I do t see the game other than what's shown on redzone which is sod all. Didn't see the low hit.

Our D has always played on the line, but I have noticed a few bad hits/tackles this year.

I'm looking forward to watching the bills tonight, always had a soft spot for them.

Bills tried to throw that game away in the last.

Pretty good game to watch, jets made too many mistakes over the night.

The Jets could have kicked a field goal to draw within 2 points (with 3.02 left in the game) and banked on their decent defense getting the ball back from Buffalo's average offense. Play to your strengths?

It's interesting with these percentage plays or analytics ... damned if you do and damned if you don't sometimes. Kicking the field goal looks a little weak but that is quickly forgotten if the Jets had got the ball back (and then only needing a field goal for victory)

Watching it "as live" ... I thought they would have taken the 3 but wasn't surprised when they went for it - anyway, it didn't work. Everyone loves to see teams go for it but sometimes a team just needs to do the most obvious thing.

The Pats probably would have gone for it but they've got Belichick, Brady & Gronk.

We saw an almost identical situation with the Falcons/49ers game except Atlanta took the 3 (with 3.30 left) and then didn't get the ball back ... again, damned if you do and damned if you don't.

There's a school of thought that you go for it on the road and take the points on offer at home.

The Jets could have kicked a field goal to draw within 2 points (with 3.02 left in the game) and banked on their decent defense getting the ball back from Buffalo's average offense. Play to your strengths?

It's interesting with these percentage plays or analytics ... damned if you do and damned if you don't sometimes. Kicking the field goal looks a little weak but that is quickly forgotten if the Jets had got the ball back (and then only needing a field goal for victory)

Watching it "as live" ... I thought they would have taken the 3 but wasn't surprised when they went for it - anyway, it didn't work. Everyone loves to see teams go for it but sometimes a team just needs to do the most obvious thing.

The Pats probably would have gone for it but they've got Belichick, Brady & Gronk.

We saw an almost identical situation with the Falcons/49ers game except Atlanta took the 3 (with 3.30 left) and then didn't get the ball back ... again, damned if you do and damned if you don't.

There's a school of thought that you go for it on the road and take the points on offer at home.

The jets I feel probably should have taken the 3 and trusted their defense to get the ball back...With the Falcons last week we were struggling to move the ball on offense all day and our defense isn't reliable, still believe we should have gone for it. Got to think what's easier getting a couple yards and getting the TD or hope your defense gets the ball back firstly then you still have to get into field goal range, i personally like when sides go for it