NFL

Dappa Dan

Ponder had a terrific match (his best game?) . QB rating of 120 with 3 TD's .

I'm not devastated by the loss - you don't like to lose anytime but .... the week off can have it's drawbacks and some teams need to keep playing every week for continuity .

Yeah easily ponders best game. I wouldn't be too phased by the loss either. Your second half was really good and Rogers tore up the vikes secondary. At home you should win.

Broncos get the 1 seed after starting the season 2 - 3 . Fair effort .

Has this ever been done before ? Surely the Americans would have a stat for that !

The way it's figured your blokes will be playing the Ravens , Colts or the Bengals in week 2 of the playoffs (think I'm right on that one)

Yeah easily ponders best game. I wouldn't be too phased by the loss either. Your second half was really good and Rogers tore up the vikes secondary. At home you should win.

Well I'm not so confident after today . Ponder is seen as the weak link in our match-up (as well as Green Bay's defence) and he could gain a fair bit of confidence out of today . It's almost like Rodgers and Peterson cancel each other out .

Part of my reasoning about the Packers needing to play every week is our defence - it's 'dodgy' and a week off would not help .

Any idea what time the game is and which day ?

Edit : times and dates of next weeks playoff games in following post ...

Edited by Macca

All times AEDT ...

Wild-Card Weekend Schedule

Sunday Jan 6 - 8.30am - (6) Cincinnati @ (3) Houston

Sunday Jan 6 - Noon - (6) Minnesota @ (3) Green Bay

Monday Jan 7 - 5.00am - (5) Indianapolis @ (4) Baltimore

Monday Jan 7 - 8.30am - (5) Seattle @ (4) Washington

Divisional Weekend Schedule

Sunday Jan 13 - 8.30am - No. 4/5/6 winner @ (1) Denver

Sunday Jan 13 - Noon - No. 3/4/5 NFC winner @ (2) San Francisco

Monday Jan 14 - 5.00am - No. 4/5/6 NFC winner @ (1) Atlanta

Monday Jan 14 - 8.30AM - No. 3/4/5 AFC winner @ (2) New England: 8.30 a.m.

• Like 1

Thanks for that macca. I know it's easier said then done but if the tackles can stick against AP your defence can hold up. This is the second time I have seen your defence get in the right position but the tackles don't stick. Was Matthews ok?

Thanks for that macca. I know it's easier said then done but if the tackles can stick against AP your defence can hold up. This is the second time I have seen your defence get in the right position but the tackles don't stick. Was Matthews ok?

Matthews seems to be ok - nothing on the fan site to indicate otherwise - they're in semi meltdown mode about McCarthy , Ponder , Peterson , our defence and a few other things ^_^

Have no idea about playoff tickets for opposition fans - do they even let 'em in at Lambeau ?? I know there's at least a 20 year wait for a seasons ticket at Green Bay - it's like our MCC membership .

Referring to the playoff games (post #654) - noon next Sunday is a good time for our game hey ? The cricket should be all over by then (3 days should be enough to knock over the Lankans) and we'll get a clear run for the playoffs ...I've added the following weeks match-ups as well (in that post) . If your blokes win next week you'll then go to Atlanta in week 2, whereas the Packers would go to San Francisco .

Matthews seems to be ok - nothing on the fan site to indicate otherwise - they're in semi meltdown mode about McCarthy , Ponder , Peterson , our defence and a few other things ^_^

Have no idea about playoff tickets for opposition fans - do they even let 'em in at Lambeau ?? I know there's at least a 20 year wait for a seasons ticket at Green Bay - it's like our MCC membership .

Referring to the playoff games (post #654) - noon next Sunday is a good time for our game hey ? The cricket should be all over by then (3 days should be enough to knock over the Lankans) and we'll get a clear run for the playoffs ...I've added the following weeks match-ups as well (in that post) . If your blokes win next week you'll then go to Atlanta in week 2, whereas the Packers would go to San Francisco .

I'm taking it one week at a time when it comes to my vikes. You can't help but respect the whole packers organization. Coming from a smaller market they have done a great job. I saw a couple of Vikings fans at lambeau when our tight end took at leap after a TD. It's fair to say green bay fans weren't happy about it.

I'm taking it one week at a time when it comes to my vikes. You can't help but respect the whole packers organization. Coming from a smaller market they have done a great job. I saw a couple of Vikings fans at lambeau when our tight end took at leap after a TD. It's fair to say green bay fans weren't happy about it.

I thing that phrase is a universal one in sport ...

Redskins now 11 points in front . What's the bet Dallas claw their way back into it and then find another freak way to lose?

I thing that phrase is a universal one in sport ...

Redskins now 11 points in front . What's the bet Dallas claw their way back into it and then find another freak way to lose?

3rd and goal from the 1 yard line in the 4th and Sanchez runs on the field and then into romo who fumbles.

• Like 1

3rd and goal from the 1 yard line in the 4th and Sanchez runs on the field and then into romo who fumbles.

Ha !

Sav's just gone the big face mask - typical Collingwood

• Like 1

Oh romo. It's gonna be hard to win this now.

Yep, that was the one . It happens too many times for it to be just bad luck . A poor choice - just throw it out .

Redskins win - the Seahawks to visit next week (Monday 8.30am)

The 3 rookie QB's who are a chance for ROTY are going to be in the playoffs . And one of the favourites for MVP (Peterson) will be on show as well . RG3 took a hard hit late in the game but he seemed ok .

Here's the complete playoff schedule . All the wild-card games are being shown live on ESPN & OneHD and let's hope that continues right throughout the playoffs . All times are AEDT ...

Sunday, Jan. 6 (wild card round)

8.30am — Cincinnati at Houston
12.00pm — Minnesota at Green Bay

Monday, Jan. 7 (wild card round)

5:00am — Indianapolis at Baltimore
8:30am — Seattle at Washington

Sunday, Jan. 13 (divisional round)

8:30am — Denver hosts its game against Baltimore/Indianapolis/Cincinnati

12:00pm — San Francisco hosts its game against Green Bay/Washington/Seattle

Monday, Jan. 14 (divisional round)

5:00am — Atlanta hosts its game against Washington/Seattle/Minnesota
8:30am — New England hosts its game against Houston/Baltimore/Indianapolis

Monday, Jan. 21 (championship games)

7:00am — NFC title game
10:30am — AFC title game

Monday, Feb. 4

10:30am — Super Bowl

Ha !

Sav's just gone the big face mask - typical Collingwood

That was okay as at least the guy didn't get past! 15 yards or TD? He has some interesting moments.

In the first quarter he tried to do an Aussie Rules bump, but kind of stuffed it up.

HTTR

That was okay as at least the guy didn't get past! 15 yards or TD? He has some interesting moments.

In the first quarter he tried to do an Aussie Rules bump, but kind of stuffed it up.

HTTR

Tough one against the Seahawks next week . Haven't heard much about Seattle's game against the Rams today (other than they got a late TD winner)

Good riddance, 2012. My football teams were a combined 6-32

I see KC have 'moved on' Romeo Crennel (1 of 7 head coaches who have lost their job ) . Any news on his replacement? Would Lovie Smith or Andy Reid be a good fit ?

You've got the no.1 pick in the draft so that's some consolation (wrong year? :unsure: )

Could be worse pantaloons - imagine if you were a soccer fan as well and you followed QPR (they're currently 1-7-12)

Edited by Macca

Bit rough on Lovie smith. I know the last couple of years haven't been great. But If Minnesota lost they were in the playoffs. After a 7 and 1 start they shouldn't have put themselves in that position but if the vikes did lose he would still have his job. Brian Billick started coaching the same time as Andy Reid in 1999. He said on Fox that there have been 104 head coaching changes since 99. Bloody hell they don't muck around.

No real news on Crennel's replacement yet, Macca. They'll talk to some college coaches. I'd be happy with both Reid or Lovie - they've both had good records and made the Superbowl. But Crennel had to go, as does GM Pioli. There's no mucking around in the NFL. I know part of it is a slightly unhealthy desperation to win right now and appease fan bases, but at least we didn't stuff around like Melbourne with Bailey for 4 years when it was clear after 2 games he had no idea.

And yes, it seems it's not the best year to have the #1 pick. Depending on what pick the first QB will be taken, it might be worth trading down to a pick in the 10-15 range plus another pick or three for the #1 pick. It's a huge indictment on Crennel and our QBs that the side had 5 Pro Bowlers this year and still had our worst ever season. Bring on the playoffs though. I can't wait.

• Like 1

Its been an amazing year for rookies, in particular QBs, and also a year of great comebacks by veterans (Manning, Peterson).

Who wouldve thought at this time last year if you were a Broncos, Colts, Vikings or Redskins fan that you'd be in the playoffs?

And that the defending SB champ didnt make it? (Actually thats not that much of a stretch seeing the Giants were only a .500

team for most of last year anyway).

Other traditional playoff staples Steelers, Bears and Saints all sitting it out this year.

There are several teams in the playoffs that its hard to get a read on form wise, so I cant wait!

I'm tipping the Texans and Colts in the AFC wildcards.

And in the NFC the I'm going for the Packers and Seattle.

Also a shame to see Ray Lewis drawing time on his career, he's been an absolute champion and spiritual leader of the Ravens

Its been an amazing year for rookies, in particular QBs, and also a year of great comebacks by veterans (Manning, Peterson).

Who wouldve thought at this time last year if you were a Broncos, Colts, Vikings or Redskins fan that you'd be in the playoffs?

And that the defending SB champ didnt make it? (Actually thats not that much of a stretch seeing the Giants were only a .500

team for most of last year anyway).

Other traditional playoff staples Steelers, Bears and Saints all sitting it out this year.

There are several teams in the playoffs that its hard to get a read on form wise, so I cant wait!

I'm tipping the Texans and Colts in the AFC wildcards.

And in the NFC the I'm going for the Packers and Seattle.

Also a shame to see Ray Lewis drawing time on his career, he's been an absolute champion and spiritual leader of the Ravens

Agree about the rookies. They have Turned their teams around in such a big way. The expectations on rookies will be even greater next year. Who doesn't love ray Lewis? I wish he could play forever.

Bill Simmons and Cousin Sal's podcast can be found here . They review last week's games and preview the wild-card games (as well as trying to guess the lines) Sal is none too happy with his Cowboys, Tony Romo and Coach Garrett.

Here's the complete playoff schedule again . All the wild-card games are being shown live on ESPN & OneHD and let's hope that continues right throughout the playoffs . All times are AEDT ...

Sunday, Jan. 6 (wild card round)

8.30am — Cincinnati at Houston
12.00pm — Minnesota at Green Bay

Monday, Jan. 7 (wild card round)

5:00am — Indianapolis at Baltimore
8:30am — Seattle at Washington

Sunday, Jan. 13 (divisional round)

8:30am — Denver hosts its game against Baltimore/Indianapolis/Cincinnati

12:00pm — San Francisco hosts its game against Green Bay/Washington/Seattle

Monday, Jan. 14 (divisional round)

5:00am — Atlanta hosts its game against Washington/Seattle/Minnesota
8:30am — New England hosts its game against Houston/Baltimore/Indianapolis

Monday, Jan. 21 (championship games)

7:00am — NFC title game
10:30am — AFC title game

Monday, Feb. 4

10:30am — Super Bowl

Edited by Macca

So my inside source in regards to NFL (ESPN) says that Andy Reid is close to signing with the chiefs. It's a good get for KC if it happens but I don't know if Reid can make cassle an effective QB. You would think Smith or Vick would be a target for the chiefs because Reid prefers a throwing game to a running one. Even though Charles is a gun RB.

So my inside source in regards to NFL (ESPN) says that Andy Reid is close to signing with the chiefs. It's a good get for KC if it happens but I don't know if Reid can make cassle an effective QB. You would think Smith or Vick would be a target for the chiefs because Reid prefers a throwing game to a running one. Even though Charles is a gun RB.

My 'inside source' tells me that Reid and Vick might be a package deal ! No, seriously, I have no clue ! Be interesting if Reid and Vick end up at KC on a whole lot of levels ... Apart from anything else, what happens to Dappa Dan's avatar and does 'pantaloons' change his avatar to a photo of Vick ? A 'Changing of the Guard' (so to speak)

I rate Reid as a coach (his overall record is hard to fault) and Vick will end up somewhere as a starter anyway . Both didn't have great year's but I reckon it's a good fit .

Edited by Macca

My 'inside source' tells me that Reid and Vick might be a package deal ! No, seriously, I have no clue ! Be interesting if Reid and Vick end up at KC on a whole lot of levels ... Apart from anything else, what happens to Dappa Dan's avatar and does 'pantaloons' change his avatar to a photo of Vick ? A 'Changing of the Guard' (so to speak)

I rate Reid as a coach (his overall record is hard to fault) and Vick will end up somewhere as a starter anyway . Both didn't have great year's but I reckon it's a good fit .

Vick and Reid as chiefs isn't a bad setup compared to what the chiefs have had. Vick can count himself lucky there are no Rg3's or Luck's in the draft this year. By the way who is there in the draft as a QB this year? Geno Smith? I think is one. I don't watch much college games does anyone know who and at what picks the QB class of 2013 will be?