Pink is for Panzy's

Guest Redleg_24

Guest Balls_Grinter_14

They don't call me Mall Cop for nothin'.

But I'm not bringing 'Ology problems over here.

Please go on.bring them. You have started it now. Why would I not stick my hand up if i was Redleg_24. I don't get it.

Are you an Admin on 'Ology? Maybe you can check my ISP address. Sure there is some nerdy way to double check. My comments to Graham were made following his rant and self indulgent outburst in which he is quoted as saying "With all the carp, post whoring and sniping here at the moment, I reckon the dust needs to settle right now.

I'm gonna bite the bullet before I get a holiday here and take the rest of the week off ology.

I hope by the time the weekend comes around, my lack of appearance here gives those with an agenda nothing to do other than look in a mirror.

its simply pathetic....

For all that do contribute real value here, I thank you." - Graham Gaunt

I thought i would express my opinion on the PM service here as that guy has ruined, along with Redlegs_24, what once was an enjoyable forum. There is no point posting over there anymore because of attitudes like his and others.

Perhaps you could PM me here with your thoughts, rather than ruin this thread too. I will be happy to respond Destroy All.

Edited by Balls_Grinter_14

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps you could PM me here with your thoughts, rather than ruin this thread too. I will be happy to respond Destroy All.

I agree, lets not get completely lost in the snot throwing and name calling shall we :rolleyes: !!!

I thought that maybe since we are wearing pink in place of red the Doggies might be doing the same so I visited their website where it says that they trained in pink tops on wednesday which they will be auctioning off.

I thought that maybe since we are wearing pink in place of red the Doggies might be doing the same so I visited their website where it says that they trained in pink tops on wednesday which they will be auctioning off.

Which we have done in the past as well.....

Wow, they really took the [censored] out of us on the footy show.

All those cracks about Melbourne being fairies and playing like girls...

Honestly, the FS boys embraced it as much as we have, maybe even moreso.

Our jumper has changed numerous times over the years, and to me is not what is sacred about our club.

It's our name, our colours, and most of all our history which is sacred and which will never change.

Ahm, aren't we changing our colours for this game? Anyway, this thread is IMO much ado about nothing.

'Playing for the jumper' doesn't refer to the colour or design that's currently in fashion. The jumper is used as a symbol of the Club and everything that the Club entails.

We're also long past the days - if they ever existed - where the jumper was 'sacrilegious'. Regardless, the pink jumper is closer to our normal jumper than some of the clash strips we wear.

Furthermore, if the issue is with the colour pink and the comments this might attract, the problems lie with the individual who feels aggreived, not the Club.

I bet you will take the win! proud to be part of this night and proud of our club, I for one know my wife, mum and sister will be watching a game on tv for the first time this year because we as a club got fully behind a cause.

You are a disgrace!

I bet you will take the win! proud to be part of this night and proud of our club, I for one know my wife, mum and sister will be watching a game on tv for the first time this year because we as a club got fully behind a cause.

That's awesome.

For what it's worth, as much as it's a good cause, is a proud thing to do, and is likely a good tradition starter...

I can't bring myself to "like" it.

In support of it? Sure. But geez. It's pink...

For those winding up their keyboards here, like I said, I'm 100% behind it, and the club for going for it.

Guest Balls_Grinter_14

I warned you guys about consequences of wearing Pink ahhaha

It was Pink overkill in the extreme. The point was made. No need for us and the umps to be changing uniforms. Should have been game on as normal.

PS: I am only stirring

Edited by Balls_Grinter_14

It was Pink overkill in the extreme. The point was made. No need for us and the umps to be changing uniforms. Should have been game on as normal.

Considering that most pundits had us losing by 5 goals or more, they certainly didn't play like "panzys" (sic)... maybe we should play in pink more often :-)

Shouldn't you be contrite?

I think there is a disturbing trend in today's society that a simple deflection is sufficient if they have said or done something wrong.

Why can't we be man enough to say they screwed up, acted like an idiot, made stupid remarks etc.?

Catherine Deveny effs up and says her freedoms have been imfringed upon. Rubbish. She was free to tweet, TA was free to fire her, and she was free to apologise and not make the mistake again. She chose the free path of self righteousness and aggrandisement, and the rest of us are free to say to her - STFU.

Huh, my chest is lighter...

I thought what she said was funny in a sick twisted way.

It's ridiculous that the Current Affairs shows are so bereft of material that they have to make a big deal about tweets by E-list celebs.

What next? Transcripts of old drunk idiots talking [censored] down the pub..?

(my apologies to Mark Robinson and his brilliant work in the Hun...)

Without wanting to restart anything - is it my monitor or has someone at the AFL/MFC recoloured this photo of Scully to remove the pink from the jumper?

screenhunt.jpg

Onto something there - clearly different colour tongue socks.

That's ok with me though, he is representing our club so he may as well be shown wearing our colours.

It is important for our brand.

It was a great initiative on the night, but to continue showing our players wearing pink over time may cause confusion with casual fans or those we are trying to attract to the MFC.

Guest Thomo

Clearly Melbourne players made the mistake a few times, but I wonder how many times the Bulldogs players looked up an thought their players were covered because of the umpires? May have balanced out in the end.

Guest Balls_Grinter_14

In all honesty, after seeing us in the jumpers, I reallyu didn't mind the colour at all. Say I apologise. May have had something to do with how wet they were but by the end of the night I couldn't tell the difference from where I was sitting.

Again, happy to admit I was wrong.