Movies/DVD's

Cards13

I already have the blu ray pre-ordered from Amazon...no release date yet :-)

Well prepared. You aren't going to wait all that time to see it are you!?

I recommend Gangster Squad too, saw that the other night. A bit over done but if you like intense action it's quite entertaining!

• Like 1

Well prepared. You aren't going to wait all that time to see it are you!?

I recommend Gangster Squad too, saw that the other night. A bit over done but if you like intense action it's quite entertaining!

Yes, I like the look of Gangster Squad..seeing Sean Penn's name in the cast had me sold on it immediately! The other bluray I've pre-ordered is The Man with the Iron Fists...another over the top Tarantino production directed by, and featuring RZA.

Yes, I like the look of Gangster Squad..seeing Sean Penn's name in the cast had me sold on it immediately! The other bluray I've pre-ordered is The Man with the Iron Fists...another over the top Tarantino production directed by, and featuring RZA.

Penn is great in it, very evil. Ah yeah I forgot about that one, the trailers looked alright and RZA should be interesting. Speaking of Penn I watched Colors a few weeks ago which also stars Robert Duvall and Don Cheadle, and that's a really great movie.

Penn is great in it, very evil. Ah yeah I forgot about that one, the trailers looked alright and RZA should be interesting. Speaking of Penn I watched Colors a few weeks ago which also stars Robert Duvall and Don Cheadle, and that's a really great movie.

Colors... another great film with a superb soundtrack. One of my favourite Penn films is State of Grace (about the Irish mob in NYC's Hell Kitchen) where he is teamed up with Ed Harris and Gary Oldman. In my opinion, it's the equal of Goodfellas.

Colors... another great film with a superb soundtrack. One of my favourite Penn films is State of Grace (about the Irish mob in NYC's Hell Kitchen) where he is teamed up with Ed Harris and Gary Oldman. In my opinion, it's the equal of Goodfellas.

Definitely, it's Coolio who does the soundtrack on Colors yeah? Haven't seen it but sounds promising and I liked Goodfellas.

In other news I ordered Easy Rider via Itunes the other day but for some reason it doesn't play so I feel like I've been swindled $14.99. Getting into Dennis Hopper recently so I've also been looking for Blue Velvet, heard it's worth a look as well.

Definitely, it's Coolio who does the soundtrack on Colors yeah? Haven't seen it but sounds promising and I liked Goodfellas.

In other news I ordered Easy Rider via Itunes the other day but for some reason it doesn't play so I feel like I've been swindled $14.99. Getting into Dennis Hopper recently so I've also been looking for Blue Velvet, heard it's worth a look as well.

Blue Velvet and Easy Rider are both awesome.

Hunt down Flashback as well. Dennis Hopper with Keiffer Sutherland. I liked it.

Apocalypse Now is also Dennis at his best.

Blue Velvet and Easy Rider are both awesome.

Hunt down Flashback as well. Dennis Hopper with Keiffer Sutherland. I liked it.

Apocalypse Now is also Dennis at his best.

Not a fan of Apocolypse now to be honest but he was pretty good from what I saw.

• Like 1

Just received my order of the Frankenweenie 3D blu ray, so will be sitting down with the kids tonight to watch that...loved it at the cinema. Now waiting on Lawless, Intouchable and Samsara to arrive sometime around mid Feb and hopefully next week will receive the new RPG for PS3 called Ni No Kuni which is designed (illustrated) by Miyazaki's Studio Ghibli... it's for my kids, but they are going to have to fight me for it first ;-)

• Like 1

Just received my order of the Frankenweenie 3D blu ray, so will be sitting down with the kids tonight to watch that...loved it at the cinema. Now waiting on Lawless, Intouchable and Samsara to arrive sometime around mid Feb and hopefully next week will receive the new RPG for PS3 called Ni No Kuni which is designed (illustrated) by Miyazaki's Studio Ghibli... it's for my kids, but they are going to have to fight me for it first ;-)

Lawless is great, Guy Pierce really makes you hate him. Shia leaves a bit to be desired though, as per usual and Tom Hardy is yet to play a bad role. Have you seen Warrior?

Just ordered a copy of "Spotswood" from Amazon.

Classic film made in Melbourne in 1990 (i think)

Slot Cars make an appearance so enough said!!

Check it out if you have not heard of it.

Liked that film a lot...Anthony Hopkins and Ben Mendelsohn.

Just saw a film called 'Arbitrage' on the flight home from Bali. It's sort of 'Wall Street' meets a really good episode of 'CSI: New York'.

Have never been a huge fan of Richard Gere but he was excellent in the leading role here. Highly recommend this flick.

I think Gere's one of those actors who seems to have improved with age...he did a more than serviceable job in the remake of the Japanese film "Shall We Dance" and in the film "Hachi: A Dog's Tale" which was also a take on a Japanese story.

On Monday I'm taking my 10 year old son to see "Life of Pi"...looking forward to that.

I think Gere's one of those actors who seems to have improved with age...he did a more than serviceable job in the remake of the Japanese film "Shall We Dance" and in the film "Hachi: A Dog's Tale" which was also a take on a Japanese story.

On Monday I'm taking my 10 year old son to see "Life of Pi"...looking forward to that.

Post your thoughts on Life of Pi if you can. It's one I've been umm-ing and agh-ing about seeing it.

Just saw Django Unchained and it surpassed all my wildest dreams... everything's awesome except for Quentin's Australian accent.

Saw it last night. Some excellent performances (nice cameo from Don Johnson!) but I found the movie not on par with his best work. Maybe it's because the standard Tarantino plot devices and dialoque styles are bit shop-worn these days.

* I also think the gore and graphic violence doesn't work nearly as well as he thinks it does. Suggested violence can be far more scary.

Edited by Range Rover

Post your thoughts on Life of Pi if you can. It's one I've been umm-ing and agh-ing about seeing.

Saw it last night. Some excellent performances (nice cameo from Don Johnson!) but I found the movie not on par with his best work. Maybe it's because the standard Tarantino plot devices and dialoque styles are bit shop-worn these days.

* I also think the gore and graphic violence works nearly as well as he thinks it does either. Suggested violence can be far more scary.

I reckon his techniques are far too unique to be shop worn but it's tough to beat Reservoir Dogs and a couple of the other older ones.

It wouldn't be a Tarantino flick without the stylised violence though RR. Also there was enough suggested violence, particularly the bloke getting torn apart by dogs and the 'Mandingo' fight.

I reckon his techniques are far too unique to be shop worn but it's tough to beat Reservoir Dogs and a couple of the other older ones.

It wouldn't be a Tarantino flick without the stylised violence though RR. Also there was enough suggested violence, particularly the bloke getting torn apart by dogs and the 'Mandingo' fight.

I found it a bit strange that the restaurant scene in Kill Bill 1 (The House of Blue Leaves) was shown in black and white because it was deemed too graphic (in a bloody sense) to be shown in colour. I have the Japanese DVD which has the entire scene in colour, and the blood is so unreal that it actually enhances the scene.

One of my favourite Tarantino films is one that he did not direct, but one that he wrote (and produced?) "True Romance"... also liked his cameo in the Rodriguez film "Desperado" (another of his productions).

Edited by hardtack

I found it a bit strange that the restaurant scene in Kill Bill 1 (The House of Blue Leaves) was shown in black and white because it was deemed too graphic (in a bloody sense) to be shown in colour. I have the Japanese DVD which has the entire scene in colour, and the blood is so unreal that it actually enhances the scene.

One of my favourite Tarantino films is one that he did not direct, but one that he wrote (and produced?) "True Romance"... also liked his cameo in the Rodriguez film "Desperado" (another of his productions).

Often the violence, in particular the bloodiness, is so overdone that it is comical. It gets to this stage in Django and of course Kill Bill, and to an extent in Inglorious Basterds. Haven't seen True Romance so I'll have to check it out.

Have you seen Death Proof? I haven't personally but I checked out a couple of trailers and it didn't look super impressive.

Have you seen Death Proof? I haven't personally but I checked out a couple of trailers and it didn't look super impressive.

I have the double blu ray pack of Death Proof and Planet Terror, but am yet to watch them; will let you know my thoughts once I get a long enough kid-free moment to watch them :-)