Mclean on MMM now

DeeM

was just writing a post on the stame thing.

incredibly well spoken. if he gets his body right, which it clearly isn't at the moment, he should be our next captain

- wanted a full preseason, but wasn't able to do much running over christmas. has match fitness but doesn't have the fitness base behind him. no wonder he doesnt look right

- bailey challenged them at 3/4 time. said that the challenge needs to be that bailey shouldn't be challenging them and that it should come from within

- went to port with a positive attitude. but couldn't execute early and made some costly mistakes which you cant make when interstate.

- said the senior players are maintaining a positive attitude, and ensuring that they aren't satisfied with the "honourable loss" concept.

- the club needs to be patient. everyone is subscribing to the DB method.

- asked about GC. said that isn't an issue. he is in with us for hte long haul. he can see changes and given he is a loyal man, he wants to stay with the club

- doesn't give a rats about draft pick number.

A lot about yesterday’s game and how they went, a lot of Bailey and he's game plan, the main message was that they had to stick with what they’re doing and it will pay off.

Best bit was when they asked about his contract being run out at the end of the year, and that the gold coast would be offering $$$$ and that Melbourne they would have to take pay cuts. Brock replied with a laugh and scoffed the subjections and said he would be playing at Melbourne for a long time to come

A lot about yesterday’s game and how they went, a lot of Bailey and he's game plan, the main message was that they had to stick with what they’re doing and it will pay off.

Best bit was when they asked about his contract being run out at the end of the year, and that the gold coast would be offering $$$$ and that Melbourne they would have to take pay cuts. Brock replied with a laugh and scoffed the subjections and said he would be playing at Melbourne for a long time to come

He wont be if we get a decent offer from GC

Guest JACKtheRIPPER
He wont be if we get a decent offer from GC
what are gold coast going to offer 20 bucks a game, cause thats whats hes worth at the moment, dont you watch the games JW.

what are gold coast going to offer 20 bucks a game, cause thats whats hes worth at the moment, dont you watch the games JW.

Time for you to get a clue or go back under your bridge.

He is 100% injured he can't kick over a jam tin ATM. He shouldn't be playing his ankle is stuffed he could barely kick the above the ground his kicking was comical but they still play him maybe if he said that he had to do his homework maybe then they will rest him.

What is Bail`s game plan? dying to know, because I haven`t seen it.

Guest JACKtheRIPPER
What is Bail`s game plan? dying to know, because I haven`t seen it.
agreed mate, i have no idea, its major concern, i remember last season gardner said baileys presentation was one of the best he ever come across, now that has to be a playing on stynes mind a bit,guys like buckley putting his hand up, and hird, the boards got a few decisions to make, i now bailey hasnt been there long, but there performances are getting worst.

Guest JACKtheRIPPER
He's not in great form, although he got better as the game went on yesterday. But good to know you're as loyal to Brock in a rough patch as he is to the club whilst we are in a rough patch :rolleyes:
the clubs been in a rough patch for 45 yrs, people are sick of it, were craving for good times, we want to win, we want flags, an bad as it sounds< players like mclean are not going to provide that, he cant hit a target from 25 MTRS.

the clubs been in a rough patch for 45 yrs, people are sick of it, were craving for good times, we want to win, we want flags, an bad as it sounds< players like mclean are not going to provide that, he cant hit a target from 25 MTRS.

We may not have won a premiership in 45 years but we sure haven't been a in a rough patch that long. I know we are craving for good times, so how do you reckon we go about that. You can't just go poof, wow, there we go, we are good now! That's why we have recruited a bunch of youngsters we hope we can develop into guns so we can get good times! An inform Brock Mclean is a gun, who can definatly hit a target over 25 metres. He most likely would have won our B & F last year if he didn't get injured! Things are not going to happen overnight I am afraid

We may not have won a premiership in 45 years but we sure haven't been a in a rough patch that long. I know we are craving for good times, so how do you reckon we go about that. You can't just go poof, wow, there we go, we are good now! That's why we have recruited a bunch of youngsters we hope we can develop into guns so we can get good times! An inform Brock Mclean is a gun, who can definatly hit a target over 25 metres. He most likely would have won our B & F last year if he didn't get injured! Things are not going to happen overnight I am afraid

Agreed mate mclean does have some kind of problems possibly an injury that limiting him its only been 3 games but hopefully through out the season he'l get back to his best tome then is arguebly our best player and a gun.

As for the development i think well win a few more games toward the end of the season due to our younger players getting involved and gelling with threst of the team e.g maric grimes bennel. Personaly i think that by next year once we get to no who can play and who really are the pretenders (sylvia hopefully not) we'l not be just very competetive but a team that other teams arent going to just run over.

Guest JACKtheRIPPER
you could have won the BF last year if you wernt injured, NOW FLAG FOR 45 YRS IS A BAD TROT, that means 65 percent of supporters HAVNT seen a flag, an in form mclean was the 1ST final in 2006, thats a while ago whelan.

you could have won the BF last year if you wernt injured, NOW FLAG FOR 45 YRS IS A BAD TROT, that means 65 percent of supporters HAVNT seen a flag, an in form mclean was the 1ST final in 2006, thats a while ago whelan.

What the! Where did you pull that from?

agreed mate, i have no idea, its major concern, i remember last season gardner said baileys presentation was one of the best he ever come across, now that has to be a playing on stynes mind a bit,guys like buckley putting his hand up, and hird, the boards got a few decisions to make, i now bailey hasnt been there long, but there performances are getting worst.

Performances are getting worse..?????????

This time last year we were 0-3 and an accumulated loosing total of 229 points.

Now, a much younger side (and with some silly 2nd and 4th qrt fade outs) we are 0-3 ad an accumulated loosing total of 110 points.

Dont quite see your logic there.

And on a side note, Buckley isnt going to coach Melbourne, I can promise you that.

No flag for 45 years is crap, but they are bloody hard to win and we have been up there quite a few times in those 45 years so it isn't all bad. We clearly have been no good at taking the next step. Pretty much every position in the club has changed over the last 2 years, as we are trying everything to fix this and get our club back on it's feet. What do you want?? You have clearly written Brock off so who else have you written off, and tell me, what are Baily and co doing so badly?? They are coaching a bunch kids! Look at the big picture. As much as you may want everything to happen and everyone to be cheery it just isn't going to happen instantly.

Also Brock has had all sorts of injuries since 2006. When he has been on the park he has been pretty good. He's copped some heavy tags which he hasn't coped with well but he won't be coping the number 1 tag every week for the rest of his career if our midfield develops and improves with experience.

Now, a much younger side (and with some silly 2nd and 4th qrt fade outs) we are 0-3 ad an accumulated loosing total of 110 points.

And on a side note, Buckley isnt going to coach Melbourne, I can promise you that.

We played the top 3 teams last year. I doubt Collingwood will be in the top 3 and North and Port definately won't. It's hard to get worse than last year but we are not getting better.

I agree on Buckley he would have to be insane to coach us.

Guest JACKtheRIPPER
No flag for 45 years is crap, but they are bloody hard to win and we have been up there quite a few times in those 45 years so it isn't all bad. We clearly have been no good at taking the next step. Pretty much every position in the club has changed over the last 2 years, as we are trying everything to fix this and get our club back on it's feet. What do you want?? You have clearly written Brock off so who else have you written off, and tell me, what are Baily and co doing so badly?? They are coaching a bunch kids! Look at the big picture. As much as you may want everything to happen and everyone to be cheery it just isn't going to happen instantly.

Also Brock has had all sorts of injuries since 2006. When he has been on the park he has been pretty good. He's copped some heavy tags which he hasn't coped with well but he won't be coping the number 1 tag every week for the rest of his career if our midfield develops and improves with experience.

YEAH they must be hard to win 45 YRS is crap , it isnt all bad, how many flag WINNING teams have you got Proudly hanging on the walls, the excuses are over, brock could throw stones at GLASS houses and not break a thing. he needs to improve dramatically.

JTR is right on a few things here.

1. Most of us have not seen a melbourne flag, i would say 65% is kind. probably more

2. Brock being injured for most of last year, this year, whatever year is all the more reason to trade him for something good ( his price will be at its peak)

3. loyalty means squat if you cant play footy to your best. I love melbourne and would never leave the club, should i play??

4. Rough patch for 45 years. I would say that if you are not wining the flag then the year was wasted. We have wasted too many years.

We are starting to get the mentality that its good enough to try hard but not win. (very fremantle like)

0-3 last year and 229 points in losses is in the same ball park as 0-3 and 110 points in losses, it does not sit nicely with me to think that that is an improvment.

As i said in one of my first posts, i would give the DEES this year to improve, but so far we have not.

Ill put it on the table so you can all give it back to me if we start winning. I DONT RATE DEAN BAILEY.

Guest JACKtheRIPPER

this time this year were 0-3 nothings changed, how can you promise buckley wont coach us,weres your logic were 0-3 nothings changed, were still losing everyweek,.

I don't see it as every year we don't win a flag it is a crap year. "Excuses are over", thats great you say that, so what are we to do then. Do you have all the answers?? Seriously, can't you see that you can't fix things over night! Don't bring up the argument we have been trying for 45 years, because Bailey and crew have been here for just over 1. You can rant and rave all you like but so far you haven't said anything constructive other than get rid of Brock because apparently he is no good.

And trading Brock in the last 2 years is plain stupid. How do we predict that he gets his foot caught under a pack and his ankle snaps! Bloody hell.

We are 0-3 and we havent improved because we are still losing. Such a simple simple outlook! Our skills arn't there yet but have DEFINATLY improved. Our backline is looking a lot better. Our midfield is winning more clearances. Martin, Morton, Jones, Cheyney just to start with have all improved on last year.

It is so easy just to sit there and bag Brock and bag Bailey and anything or anyone else you like. Cos at the end of the day if you are proved wrong who cares, we just won a premiership. So saying everyone is welcome to say I told you so when you are wrong is no biggie mate