New mfc web page

mattie

The 'new' mfc page is terrible. Major problems with Firefox on a Mac and just freezes Safari or old versions of IE. Surely they could find someone more competent than Telstra/Bigpond to do it. I bet there are a few teco supporters who could do a more professional job for nix. (By professional I don't just mean lots of pics and movement, but something that has been thoroughly tested on a variety of platforms.)

nice first post...it amazes me that u have the guts to say that...the websight had an article a couple of days ago saying that it will take at least 36 hours for the websight to be properly up and running and to expect freezing and glitches in the mean time...the club has no choice over its server, the AFL is in charge of that, all of the websights have to have the same format...

if we were desperate to have another websight, a braniac could make a websight like essendonfc.com.au which is not their official AFL sight of bombersfc.com.au

anyway, give the websight a little while to be properly up and running

anyway, give the websight a little while to be properly up and running

Where I used to work if we did a makeover of the website, we did it all 'privately' until all the glitches were ironed out and it was fully tested. Only then did it became the publicly accessible page.

Anything else seems hopelessly amateur to me.

However if the AFL/Bigbond people can produce a reasonable rationale for why they are releasing it in the current manner, then I am ready to hear it (though I suspect laughter will follow). Are they driven my some mad desire to look 'new' before the season starts? If so, what did they do all summer?

The afl websites are all poorly developed, being the nations number one sport it amazes me that they (the AFL) have persisted with such mediocre websites each year take a look at nfl.com or nba.com and see how much they put into there online technologies.

Whilst Bigpond have ownership over the sites it's my understanding all the development of the sites is done by a third party vendor based in Sydney and they do a pretty awful job to be honest, I wonder how much input the AFL actually have into the websites and how much they care. Last years site was bad in terms of page loading time and it always going down but this year it looks terrible and the same issues seem to still be there.

just opened up fine in both IE anf Firefox :)

The AFL forgot about K.I.S.S. a couple of years back, and it's no wonder that people are visiting other websites for their football information. If you can't get the information quickly and easily webusers will head off to other sources. As it is, i only visit the site for live football stats and scores, and half the time i'd prefer for it to be the old text updating version!