Nice work Mike :)

beelzebub

This post doing the rounds at big footy and Demonology:

Collingw&%$ have also opened up its draft process and prospects to west coast for 07, 1.2 million dollar favor. Does not inc SA prospects. Woosha doesnt care what picks he receives 1-20, thinks they can develop anything, rates brown and rusling high compared to available KP talent this year. Doesnt want midfeilders, only talls.

Ok so this part would seem to be at odds with what the Eagles have already stated they require - an early draft pick... and it then goes on to say that they are going to share recruiting information...yep poor old destitute West Coast have no confidence left in their own recruiting staff.... I think this pure fantasy and we are no clearer to understanding which club Judd may prefer than this time last week.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What amazes me about this model for Collingwood is that it will put them back years given their glaring deficiencies in the ruck, KP defenders now with Clement gone, and the one dimensional forward line now Rocca is next to useless.

Judd will do his back carrying this team - and we'll all have a new player to hate in melbourne.

carefull...thats bordering on logic :) hey I essentially agree. I think the Clement resignation changed much. But I feel all alone in the wilderness hehehe :lol:

Alright. I've taken a chill pill and am back in the positivity game baby. A few reasons.

1. It seems that, whilst Weagles are considering the offer (from Collingwood) that we got off 'ology and bigfooty, they are also looking at other offers simultaneously. In all seriousness, you'd have to think that 2 early picks in a draft with several quality WA youngsters (Palmer, Morton, Masten, etc) would appeal to West Coast more than one grossly overrated forward (Rusling) and a first year player who wholly failed to threaten for senior selection this year (Brown), even if Weagles do have his twin.

2. The rumour came from BigFooty.

3. Connors would not feed accurate rumours to the press. Unless you seriously believe that Judd cares enough to let everyone down slowly (ie. they already know what the word will be before it comes out of his mouth), then Connors, if indeed he is the source of Sheahan and others' assertions, is telling fibs to throw everyone off.

4. The rumours are all coming from Bigf*ckingfooty.

Phew, there we go. Rose-tinted glasses back on. Still not as optimistic as I was 24 hours ago, but i'll now await the Juddernaught's announcement. If he does indeed plan to say Collingwood I hope he chokes trying to articulate the word. ;)

carefull...thats bordering on logic :) hey I essentially agree. I think the Clement resignation changed much. But I feel all alone in the wilderness hehehe :lol:

Why did the Clement resignation change everything? He would have only had a year or so to go anyway. Short-term means little - Judd and Collingwood will be thinking about the next 5 years, not just 2008.

Personally I will not say a bad thing about Chris Judd until he makes a decision and states his reasons. I will be very interested in his reasons because I do not believe there is anything Collingwood could offer in terms of football support for him individually to get the best out of himself that we cannot match. After all our performances over the period he has been in the AFL are pretty much on a par with Collingwood.

Sure there are. Collingwood have better facilities, although we may have facilities to match theirs soon-ish. I imagine they've been able to spend more money on 'football support' - ie. better/more staff and equipment.

No wanting to have a go at fellow posters, especially Melbourne supporters because we are all

investing a heavy amount of emotion and OPTIMISM in Chris Judd coming to Melbourne FC, but isn't this statement of veiled crticism tied to the very self interest that we all express in wanting Chris Judd in a Melbourne jumper?

Absolutely. Apparently it's okay if he wants to leave WCE for us, but if he goes to someone else he's a no-good so and so! He should do whatever makes him happy. If he gets blown away by a presentation that's not from MFC, then he should try and get there. Since I go for the Dees I obviously hope he plays for us, but it's his life.

If I was WCE, I'd be willing to release Judd into the PSD if the Pies weren't willing to come to the party and make what I thought was a fair trade.

The loss of whatever Pies offering I felt wasn't up to scratch would be outweighed by the benefits of playing hardball (ie. Stevens/Port).

Alright. I've taken a chill pill and am back in the positivity game baby.

It was interesting to read all your posts in this thread just now, and see how your mood changed :P

Demonland - like sand through the hour glass... ;)

Why did the Clement resignation change everything? He would have only had a year or so to go anyway. Short-term means little - Judd and Collingwood will be thinking about the next 5 years, not just 2008.

Yes...quite arguably Clement was not going to be around too much longer..but he would have been expected to go as you rightly surmise probably the end of 2008. Which means the filth would have been tackling the "Back" problem through out 2008 and bringing someone on , or looking to do something this time nex year. Now they have a gaping hole NOW !!

There's an old expression.. Its not how you make it, its how you spend it. Without a solid backline they are spending like a sieve. That will cost them games as this will effect games more than Judd feeding or kicking goals will !!

Its just my view though :)

For all those having a go at port for playing hardball with stevens i'd just like to mention that after that they did win a grand final and now another 3 years later they a playing in another grand final, maybe we shouldn't be so critical of them!!!

They are unbeivably succesful club, we should model ourselves more on them and hopefully with bailey we do!

For all those having a go at port for playing hardball with stevens i'd just like to mention that after that they did win a grand final and now another 3 years later they a playing in another grand final, maybe we shouldn't be so critical of them!!!

They are unbeivably succesful club, we should model ourselves more on them and hopefully with bailey we do!

Funny you mention that i was only thinking how Port didnt really suffer that much in a way through losing Stevens.. He's been a real gem since huh !! They might have wanted some legitimate compensation, but ina way they got it...they were rid of him !!

I feel quite encouraged to think we have some genuine Port talent now at Deeland :) Onya Bailey :)