186: the details according to Caroline Wilson

Guest José Mourinho

Wow, an entertaining thread this one! One can only wonder at some of the identities lurking behind some of these profile names.

FWIW Dandeeman I think you're being a bit precious with your criticism of Fan. I know quite a few rank and file supporters who wonder about McClardy's capabilities in his job. Good bloke, passionate Dees man and all that, but that line he spouted about about being as clueless as every other supporter about our woeful on-field performances is a definite cause for concern.

Eddie McGuire and Jeff Kennett, he 'aint.

Edited by Range Rover

I have an issue

Yes you do.

I comment on things that interest me and where few if any other posters have presented a similar view. I think that adds balance and hope that it raises issues for people to consider. I pick my topics which seems in frustrate Ben Hur as well but really, haven't we got enough people rabbiting on about Jack Watts?

Perhaps rather than running round suggesting that I have a revolutionary agenda to destabilize the club, which I think on the evidence would be hard to support, you could address the issues and refute them. That would be of much greater value to us all.

You'll make me look much sillier by showing people where I'm wrong or unreasonable than sprouting about "an agenda".

Wow, an entertaining thread this one! One can only wonder at some of the identities lurking behind some of these profile names.

FWIW Dandeeman I think you being a bit precious with your criticism of Fan. I know quite a few rank and file supporters who wonder about McClardy's capabilities in his job. Good bloke, passionate Dees man and all that, but that line he spouted about about being as clueless as every other supporter about our woeful on-field performances is a definite cause for concern.

Eddie McGuire and Jeff Kennett, he 'aint.

The issue here isn't whether McLardy is any good or not or Neeld or all of ther parts of the football club that Fan is unhappy with but was seemingly satisfied with pre July 2011..

This is about the intent behind what is being posted. Am I being precious, maybe, over the top, probably. What is my intent though in comparison to Fan's?

Edited by dandeeman

Yes you do.

I comment on things that interest me and where few if any other posters have presented a similar view. I think that adds balance and hope that it raises issues for people to consider. I pick my topics which seems in frustrate Ben Hur as well but really, haven't we got enough people rabbiting on about Jack Watts?

Perhaps rather than running round suggesting that I have a revolutionary agenda to destabilize the club, which I think on the evidence would be hard to support, you could address the issues and refute them. That would be of much greater value to us all.

You'll make me look much sillier by showing people where I'm wrong or unreasonable than sprouting about "an agenda".

Show me where you have expressed a "balanced" opinion? Did you argue with your other avatar?

The only thing that interests you are the poor decisions that have been made post Bailey. Coincidence?

When did you criticise the club pre july 2011? Show me.....

Edited by dandeeman

Do you know why I didn't post until 2011?

It's your job to balance my opinions Dandy, the fact you haven't tried is insightful.

I have a view, show people I'm wrong or unreasonable.

I have an inkling.

Do I think your criticism of Neeld was unfair before a ball was bounced this season? yes it was.

Is Mclardy the right man to lead the club, maybe he is maybe he isn't?

The fact that you have taken numerous potshots at the admin and coach since July last year, without any positives, and without one post on a footy matter is insightful isn't it.

Yes I read all of your posts as I promised you I would, and this gives me an understanding of your mindset. I can understand that if your posts are read individually I might come off as over the top.

Whe the posts are read collectively, it's clear to me what's going on, and I am not on my own.

Edited by dandeeman

The only thing that interests you are the poor decisions that have been made post Bailey. Coincidence?

The fact that you have taken numerous potshots at the admin and coach since July last year, without any positives, and without one post on a footy matter is insightful isn't it.

Yes I read all of your posts as I promised you I would,

This was an interesting question to me. I've searched my posts since August 2011 and if the search engine reports correctly I've contributed to something in excess of 80 threads.

It's true that I have posted on topics like the AGM, The Commencement Dinner, Caro's article and others involving concerns I've had with the Clubs management. But without having the energy or interest to count there are probably in excess of 70 that are related to other footy matters. Some contributions have been as a moderator.

I think your assertion that my only interest is in "poor decisions that have been made post Bailey" (your words) and "The fact that you have taken numerous potshots at the admin and coach since July last year, without any positives, and without one post on a footy matter is insightful isn't it" is extraordinarily inaccurate and rather damning (of your childish assertions). Here is one non "admin" related post in case you missed it. I posted it because it hadn't been clarified previously:

Just to clarify the Bennell "hurt" issue. The last quarter lasted for over 35 minutes and when Goldstein kicked NB's last goal I thought it was all over. Bennell went to the edge of the square and sprinted flat out at the ball when it was bounced collecting a NB player on the way. I've not seen him throw his body in like that before and it took him a while to recover. He did and was the one who then forced it forward about 30 seconds later.

Blease's final goal came from a free, initially to a NB player wide at HF. The ump called play on when the NB player tried to milk the clock and Blease nabbed the NB player from behind and got paid the free kick. He then just calmly slotted it and the game was all over. Smart thinking from the opportunist and fantastic conversion.

I watched the game from the outer wing and when you read observers opinions you need to recognize that Casey is a large ground with a big camber and little elevation for spectators. It's difficult to see what's happening on the other side of the ground. Blease seemed to mainly play on the grandstand side of the ground today (opposite to me)and so I missed a lot of the reported chasing and tackles. But what Sam does is play like a millionaire. It's chocolates or boiled lollies for Sammy. He took the play on and got nabbed on regular occasions and IMO until he learns to judge better when he can and when he can't do this he'll be a liability in the senior team. He has unquestionable skills by foot and his kicking for goal was terrific. He's not scared of physical contact but doesn't seek it. I think he has some way to go and doubt he'll get a call up next week. He's just too high risk at the moment and the turnovers he gives away negates any positives his "dash" creates. He's terrific under a Bailey game plan but for Neeld he's a square peg in a round hole (watch him be picked next week!!).

Bennell was terrific today and was very clean with his hands and attacked the ball hard. His kicking was ok but not special but his attack on the ball was good and I've not seen him get it as much. He played on a reasonable player in Campbell. He'd be right in the mix for next week.

Spencer was very competitive early but by the second half he was spent and Goldstein had a field day. Poor old Jake could hardly raise a trott at the end of the game. No disgrace, Goldstein is a very good AFL player.

The other that impressed me was Jai Sheahan. He's still got a lot of development but he won some important one on one's, took some contested pack marks and his kicking and decision making were terrific at times.

Ricky Petterd couldn't get into it up forward and played his best footy around the middle

Now there is a post to rock the foundations of the administration.

I apologize to Demonlands who have been distracted by this personal exchange but when clearly untrue accusations are continually made in such a manner I felt I had a right to refute them. You should also be aware that when Dandeeman first made these accusations in the "Commencement Dinner" thread I attempted to clarify the issue by way of PM to avoid an exchange such as this. Sadly for everyone, I failed.

Hopefully this will be the end of this pathetic matter.

I concede that your singular post defies my claim that you have not posted on any footy matters, you have posted one.

I standby my other claims in the thread and I don't need to re-hash them all.

What about your other avatars? Are you going to address that issue? I didn't think so.

Whether anyone believes or agrees with me or not I have the club's interests at heart. I feel very protective of the club, and especially the coach at the moment and want to see him get a fair go and free rein to dictate how the footy dept is run.

Well sadly for my mates, my wife and my kids I will just have to share my footy obs with them in future. I have enjoyed my time at Demonland thrashing out footy issues with some astute thinkers. I will still watch my Dees and try to find hope in the future. I feel strongly enough about this to fall on my sword and disappear.

And I won't be re-inventing myself with another avatar and returning.

Edited by dandeeman

Well sadly for my mates, my wife and my kids I will just have to share my footy obs with them in future. I have enjoyed my time at Demonland thrashing out footy issues with some astute thinkers. I will still watch my Dees and try to find hope in the future. I feel strongly enough about this to fall on my sword and disappear.

And I won't be re-inventing myself with another avatar and returning.

That's a pity. And not necessary. It's too defeatist, even though it won't feel that way to you.

Whether anyone believes or agrees with me or not I have the club's interests at heart. I feel very protective of the club, and especially the coach at the moment and want to see him get a fair go and free rein to dictate how the footy dept is run.

Admirable.

Weak and inconsistent.