Tom Scully

Rogue

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hangon has been consistent - he's been on about Richmond since last Christmas

I'm reminded of Choko Williams and Nick Stevens.

Except that Nick Stevens was adament he wanted to go to Collingwood and ended up at Carlton and therein lies the point that RPFC is making.

There has to be an enormous amount of work done for TS to get a club other than GWS. Once TS says no to MFC AND GWS then he loses control over where he wants to go unless a deal is struck.

Edited by nutbean

Except that Nick Stevens was adament he wanted to go to Collingwood and ended up at Carlton and therein lies the point that RPFC is making.

There has to be an enormous amount of work done for TS to get a club other than GWS. Once TS says no to MFC AND GWS then he loses control over where he wants to go unless a deal is struck.

Umm - that may have been my point?

And Port Adelaide won the flag not long after.

I've always really liked Choko, wonder how he's enjoying GWS?

"And that is why he will stay at the Melbourne football club." I hope the sentiment is correct but your reasoning is wrong, your arrogance is your weakness.

However, as I've said all along I hope Tom does stay with us.

Go Dees

My reasoning is worng?

Please take us through how Tom Scully gets to Richmond.

The steps that must be made, the hoops jumped through, and the beliefs that have to be suspended.

I'm salivating in anticipation (and a touch of schadenfreude)...

Sorry Ol' - subtlety is lost on me !! ;)

I would be suggesting from previous noises made by TS that it will be MFC or GWS. The Tigers or Pies machinations talked about are going to be way too difficult to orchestrate.

Guest hangon007

"Except that Nick Stevens was adament he wanted to go to Collingwood and ended up at Carlton and therein lies the point that RPFC is making."

Chris Judd was adamant he wanted to go to Carlton and he got there. Win-Win deal for both clubs.

"There has to be an enormous amount of work done for TS to get a club other than GWS."

In a normal year yes. However, this is not a normal year.

"Once TS says no to MFC AND GWS then he loses control over where he wants to go unless a deal is struck."

What .... just like Luke Ball lost control. Be careful, it was St Kilda that lost control and got a big fat nothing for him. You cant seriously suggest if all else fails we would let a number 1 draft pick walk for nothing!!!!

Please take us through how Tom Scully gets to Richmond.

The steps that must be made, the hoops jumped through, and the beliefs that have to be suspended.

I've asked him before - all you get is "hello darkness my old friend ..."

But it's very mysterious darkness

What .... just like Luke Ball lost control. Be careful, it was St Kilda that lost control and got a big fat nothing for him. You cant seriously suggest if all else fails we would let a number 1 draft pick walk for nothing!!!!

Ok, so you are saying that the Tigers will get Tom through the national draft?

The GWS is not going to pass on a generational talent like Tom Scully, they will pick him up with one of their 8 picks before the Tigers get a look in.

Next!!

Guest hangon007

Fat lot of good that has done them Port today. Short term thinking. Port are now broke, gone & finished. The only reason Port are still playing football is because of AFL money. Now with "AFL money" strings are always attached. Those strings will manipulate and constrict you for years to come.

We can never go to the AFL again. Second time around the consequences might be a whole different story.

Guest hangon007

Ok, so you are saying that the Tigers will get Tom through the national draft?

The GWS is not going to pass on a generational talent like Tom Scully, they will pick him up with one of their 8 picks before the Tigers get a look in.

Next!!

You clearly dont understand the process. ... Next!!!

But as I've said all along I hope it never comes to that. B)

Edited by hangon007

The latest twist in this thread makes absolutely no sense.

When was the last time a player decided to go back to the club they supported as a kid? IT NEVER HAPPENS. Move on.

Scully cannot and will not get to any other club bar GWS. They have more money and more draft picks than any other club.

Collingwood can barely afford to squeeze their current lot of stars in their cap. Reckon they'll squeeze out someone like Thomas to fit Scully in? Unlikely.

As for Richmond, give me a break. They aren't going to compromise their young list by giving Scully a huge contract, nor will Scully have any reason to go to Richmond.

Their chances of success aren't better than ours.

Fat lot of good that has done them Port today. Short term thinking. Port are now broke, gone & finished. The only reason Port are still playing football is because of AFL money. Now with "AFL money" strings are always attached. Those strings will manipulate and constrict you for years to come.

We can never go to the AFL again. Second time around the consequences might be a whole different story.

Huh??? I don't think Choko's tough stance on Nick Stevens is the reason Port Adelaide is broke.

Choko took the hard line and Port won the flag soon after.

There are other reasons for their financial problems.

As for Richmond, give me a break. They aren't going to compromise their young list by giving Scully a huge contract, nor will Scully have any reason to go to Richmond. Their chances of success aren't better than ours.

Presumably according to H007 he'll go there becaus of Richmond's culture of success over the last 30 years ...

Or wait, he'll go there because he barracked for them as a kid like Judd went to the club he barracked for ...

Tom Scully has not spoken to GWS, Tom Scully's managemnt has not spoken too GWS.

THIS IS GOING TO HURT

The mail is that Ricmond have been in to Scully, since they found out he was a Tigers supporter. They know that if they don't get him now, then they never will. They are pushing hard to get him...(THE FUTURE FUND).

Tom Scully has asked his management to get him to Richmond... how are they going to do this? Tom Scully's management have told the MFC that if they don't trade Scully to the Tigers, he will nominate for the national draft.

Affectively he could go to GWS, for nothing...

And that hardly gets him to the Tigers does it?

I mean, wake up people. A 19 year old is not going to play chicken with us about getting to Punt Road.

He isn't a Tigers supporter anymore.

The same way Judd, Franklin, Pendlebury, and (insert another palyer who supported Melbourne as a kid) are not Dees supporters anymore.

Wasn't there a rumour before he was drafted that Carlton were trying to claim Scully as a father-son selection, as he was the illegitimate son of one of their former players?

I'd say the Scully to Richmond rumour ranks alongside it for credibility

Edited by IWAP

Guest hangon007

When was the last time a player decided to go back to the club they supported as a kid? IT NEVER HAPPENS. Move on.

Scully cannot and will not get to any other club bar GWS. They have more money and more draft picks than any other club.

Collingwood can barely afford to squeeze their current lot of stars in their cap. Reckon they'll squeeze out someone like Thomas to fit Scully in? Unlikely.

As for Richmond, give me a break. They aren't going to compromise their young list by giving Scully a huge contract, nor will Scully have any reason to go to Richmond. Their chances of success aren't better than ours.

"When was the last time a player decided to go back to the club they supported as a kid? IT NEVER HAPPENS. Move on."

I've said it before and I will say it again. Tigers dont give a [censored] who the player barracks for!!!

"As for Richmond, give me a break. They aren't going to compromise their young list by giving Scully a huge contract" ... hehehe. You just dont get it do you. What if its not all about the money? Have you ever stop and considered that? PS Dustbin, Cotch, Jack say hi by the way.

"Their chances of success aren't better than ours." ... interesting thats your thats my view but we may be marginally biased.

Edited by hangon007

Guest hangon007

Presumably according to H007 he'll go there becaus of Richmond's culture of success over the last 30 years ...

Or wait, he'll go there because he barracked for them as a kid like Judd went to the club he barracked for ...

Please tell me where I said either of those things. I'm tipping you cant.

Now now dont try to put words in my mouth.

Please tell me where I said either of those things. I'm tipping you cant.

Now now dont try to put words in my mouth.

Well what is the reason Tom Scully would go to Richmond?

You said it's not about money

It can't be about their winning culture

You've said above it's not about him supporting Richmond

You wont put words in your mouth ...

You've never provided a reason why Tom would go to Richmond and you've never provided a method for him getting there.

Put up or shut up.

Edited by old55

And "the mail" has been all over the place.

I don't know which "mail" to believe...

One certainty - mail is currently addressed to the wrong people, delivered to the wrong houses or doesnt arrive at all.

Mail has been doing that as long as I can remember and will continue to do so forever and a day.

You wont put words in your mouth ...

You've never provided a reason why Tom would go to Richmond and you've never provided a method for him getting there.

Put up or shut up.

Second that.

The credibility of HO007 is on the line here.

The legion of people who follow your "30 games/3 years to awesomeness" thread are wondering where their hero has gone...

One certainty - mail is currently addressed to the wrong people, delivered to the wrong houses or doesnt arrive at all. Mail has been doing that as long as I can remember and will continue to do so forever and a day.

Damn Australia Post....

Edited by Demonator

Guest Artie Bucco

A big thanks to hangon007 for shifting this thread from blindingly painful, back to unintentionally hilarious.

Kudos.

Tom leaves Melbourne to go to GWS. Richmond give Newman to GWS, their first round pick to Port, Port give GWS Trengove and GWS gives Scully to Richmond. It's the kind of deal that could be done. Don't ever think it can't happen.