Aaron Davey

Guest 36DD

Dee-luded what you say may be true however i would disagree with your time line.

We are a lot longer off being a finalist than 2012.

When we had the guys playing who are coming back we were crap, so I am not sure they will make a lot of difference in the next few weeks.

There is only one A grader among our senior ranks and it will IMO take longer than next year to produce a suitable number of A grade players.

Until then we have lots of pain to endure, it does not stop at the end of 2011.

We were playing well in some games., Our game against the Swans was quite good and hotly contested. Patches off play agianst other teams has been hot, but not maintained. We are in touch with the 8 this year. I don't think we'll make it to 8th, but we're in the mix.

I believe we will be better with Jamar, Trengove, Garland, Scully, back in a few weeks to add to recent inclusions of McKenzie, Evans.. Add to that Bail,Tapscott, etc in a month or so and we are in solid condition, if nor form. These injuries, suspensions, and players being dropped,,, help us to blood new players as we did with Evans.

Let keep it rollin'.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He is, or should be, a top 5 player at this club.

He has had consistent seasons up to 2011 and has gone missing as the responsibility has increased.

He wouldn't be in the top 10-12 players in the Bluey and that is an indictment.

And, no, he is not a top player. But he is still in the top 5 right now at this club and he is performing like a fringe player.

Should be and are, 2 very different scenario's

I think we learnt a lot about flash last Saturday...Does he really want to play this game, or just get paid?

Throw Trengove and Scully alongside him in the midfield (where Flash plays best, and immediately the pressure comes of Aaron.

Look at how quickly Daniel Kerr's game deteriorated when Judd and Cousins were no longer playing alongside him.

G'day Rudeboy.. Your right, But did you consider that we've deliberately put flash under the pump to show this issue, so he can workon it. Circumstances come around that cause you to play players where their not best suited, and it can highlight thier shortcomings. This gicves aaron the proof and the opportunity to go back, take his medicine, and to start working on this part of his game thats lacking.

Remember that this IS a development Year, for all players as well. Future leaders have to develop thier leadership qualities.

But hes of littel use in teh magoos ..is he.. what effect does he have at the G if hes at casey ?? NONE..

Bub, he's of little to no use right now on the 'G either.....

The unfortunate reality as I see it is that he has always been required, and has played well enough often enough to justify his selection. That is quite obviously no longer the case.

Appalling attitude, numerous poor and extremely costly performances and what seems to be a complete incapability to lead means he can no longer justify his ongoing automatic selection.

We have been through this with "sacred cows" as Range Rover put it earlier in this thread, in the past, and we can't and shouldn't support that any further.

He (as well as few others) needs to be told in no uncertain terms that what he is putting out there in skill as well as (and maybe more importantly) attitude and leadership is completely

unacceptable to this team. He is no longer a protected species, and must at the very least try to perform or he will suffer the same fate of a lesser (for want of a better word) player.

Now we all want him to be back to his best, to be accountable to the team and the match and to lead, but right now his inclusion is only justified on a very long past reputation, and that is no longer good enough.

Edited by QueenC
Credit Range Rover

How about we hold onto him until he's not the one getting tagged?

It won't be too long.

Have to agree with that. I feel if we get Scully and Trengove back then the tag might move to Sylvia as much as Davey.

Until then move him to a forward pocket and get him to focus on off the ball work rate. If he lays a few tackles and takes a good defender (or tags Yarran?) then he's contributing. I don't expect him to be best on ground every week, I just want him to play like a leader. That's what Green is battling to do at the moment, same with Moloney who even in his off weeks keeps attacking the ball. If he plays like a leader this week then he keeps his spot regardless of output.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.