NFL

Dappa Dan

Denver have been so good in recent free agency periods. Not quite sure how they are going this year. Maybe Kap comes in behind that defence and provides a spark but if Kap's salary is guaranteed from San Fran he is an expensive gamble. Osweiler gets his chance to shine or join the squillions of other backups who show a bit and then get over paid by desperate teams. 

On 9 March 2016 at 9:23 AM, JV7 said:

Love the NFL trade & free agency period. Expect the unexpected and see some ridiculous amounts of money been thrown around! Osweiler leaving the Broncos was a shock, seemed a foregone conclusion he'd slip in after Manning..   Olivier Vernon gets biggest pay deal in DE history!

Big pay days don't last that long. Can't spell or pronounce his first name "Suh" went from Detroit to Miami as a DT on QB money. I think his contract has been restructured already. 

On 4/14/2016 at 8:22 AM, Gorgoroth said:

Rams trade up and get pick one. 

So is it Goff or Wentz?

The Rams have probably already decided much like the Demons went after pick 3 to get Oliver.

Anyway, both players look to have game but maybe only one of them becomes a star ... choose well and your team might be set up for 10-15 years.  Good decision to go trade for that pick too - gotta take chances in this league.

5 out of 6 of the "experts" said Wentz and he also seems to be the favourite amongs a lot of others, but there is one guy who says he has sources close to the club and its Goff.

So I have no idea to be truthful Macca and I didn't follow the college games so I know sod all about them.

Couple of highlights packages for both Goff and Wentz, Gorgo ... the pundits are saying that they'll go 1 & 2 in the draft. 

Cleveland have the 2nd pick and unless something changes, they'll just pick whoever the Rams don't pick.

Edited by Macca

Thanks for that Macca.

Sort of shows everything I've read. I keep having the feeling we will go with Goff, take the Cal boy for the new LA team.

He also has played for and against the better teams being from a bigger college.

Wentz looks more the full package with his movement out of the pocket etc but I think has a lesser arm.

Will be interesting to see who we pick.

Holy crap Gorgoroth!!!! My boys and your boys have been walking hand in hand for a few seasons haven't we. Foles/Bradford trade, that I hated.... and now Rams move up to pick 1 to take Goff, and many are saying the Eagles got that info from them in order to make the trade with Browns to go get Wentz at pick 2! It's all happening in NFC East!

• Like 2

Interesting your thoughts on Wentz vs Goff, Gorgoroth... From what I see Wentz has the bigger arm, but not the prettier arm. Goff's release is quicker and I think he's probably more accurate and poised. Wentz is a bigger lad.... seems to have the size and crash and bash to rush for tough TDs... he's no Superman Newton... but is respectable. Having watched the tape, it's hard to decide. I'm not sure, TBH, that either will be picked at the valuable spot. I wanted Eagles to get Elliot, even though he's just a RB. Or even better move up and select Tunsil, as they need OL help. Would have been more comfortable picking a QB at 8... but of course... they'd have been gone by then. I'm happy with either. It's a chance for the coaching departments of both clubs to earn their stripes. Interestingly, Howie Roseman (Eagles GM) has said that the Eagles looked at their history and saw that in ten years they picked inside the ten once, and there weren't QBs that year. They also looked at the next 2 years, and saw no developing QBs they liked. They mentioned Pederson is a QBs coach and while they have a good QB coaching staff, they wanted to stick with their strengths. 

1 hour ago, Dappa Dan said:

Interesting your thoughts on Wentz vs Goff, Gorgoroth... From what I see Wentz has the bigger arm, but not the prettier arm. Goff's release is quicker and I think he's probably more accurate and poised. Wentz is a bigger lad.

Yeah I meant more accuracy than strength.  

Goff is more Brady, wentz more Rothelsberger (Passing type i think)

And the other big story is the Browns passing up the opportunity to draft Goff or Wentz. 

Not sure Cleveland know when to pull the trigger and when not to, given their recent history.  RG3 might come good but he may not.  

You don't ever want to be 2nd guessing yourself and it looks like the Browns might be doing just that. 

The issue with RG3 is that since his knee injury he seems to have lost his mobility, pace and sharpness.  So much so that Washington didn't even really want to suit him up ... there might be other issues as well.

I hope he comes good because his first year was very impressive and he looked like he was going to have a bright future ... Kaepernick is another who seemed to have the world at his feet but his form fell away alarmingly as well.

Being the QB for the Browns is no easy gig, no matter how talented a QB might be ... Goff and/or Wentz may well be breathing a huge sigh of relief in all reality.  Being at the helm in LA or Philadelphia is far more enticing.

15 hours ago, Gorgoroth said:

Yeah I meant more accuracy than strength.  

Goff is more Brady, wentz more Rothelsberger (Passing type i think)

Ha. I was thinking Ryan more than Brady. But I'll give you that. Get excited about him! I dunno if Roethlisberger ever moved like Wentz, he's just tall and heavy. And there's no way he has Benny's poise. I think most people just see the size and make the comparison. As I said above, I think this is one they got right. I'd take Goff first just based on the vision. But it's a close thing.

13 hours ago, Macca said:

And the other big story is the Browns passing up the opportunity to draft Goff or Wentz. 

Not sure Cleveland know when to pull the trigger and when not to, given their recent history.  RG3 might come good but he may not.  

You don't ever want to be 2nd guessing yourself and it looks like the Browns might be doing just that. 

I would agree. They're gunshy given their last 20 recruited QBs. They want the next Luck or bust. Having said that, not even the Browns could screw up that raft of picks.

3 hours ago, Macca said:

Goff and/or Wentz may well be breathing a huge sigh of relief in all reality.  Being at the helm in LA or Philadelphia is far more enticing.

Yup. As one article I read suggested, what you want as a QB is to go to a team that's working well enough to be mid table... Just to know you have protection and a squad that can teach you. Ideally you want a team winning 7 or 8 picking first, as opposed to a team that's terrible and will burn you out, a la RG3. 

4 hours ago, Dappa Dan said:

Ha. I was thinking Ryan more than Brady. But I'll give you that. Get excited about him! I dunno if Roethlisberger ever moved like Wentz, he's just tall and heavy. And there's no way he has Benny's poise. I think most people just see the size and make the comparison. As I said above, I think this is one they got right. I'd take Goff first just based on the vision. But it's a close thing

By Brady I meant his throws, short to medium, quick release, looks quite accurate.

Roethlisberger by pure force, his arm looks bloody good and they seem to move through the air at velocity.

I do think Ben gets a bad wrap, he does actually move pretty well.

On 4/21/2016 at 4:41 AM, Gorgoroth said:

I do think Ben gets a bad wrap, he does actually move pretty well.

Yeah he does, but nowhere near the straight line pace and bullocking that Wentz does. 

Boys boys boys... I wonder if anyone managed to catch the team song on the weekend... Just as they were getting in a circle to sing, Bugg at far screen right wanders over to someone on the outer... and what does he do?

He dabs!!!

We have our Cam Newton/NFL fan in the team. Awesome cockiness.

• Like 3

And now Brady gets 4 weeks (again) ... and another appeal may not be granted or have little chance of success (but who knows for sure?)  Brady seems hell bent on clearing his name so it may not be over.

9 hours ago, Gorgoroth said:

Goff goes number 1

Hope he goes well for your Rams ... if he turns out to be a star, the trade will be a great one.

Interesting for the Eagles with Wentz (who could also turn out to be a gun) ...  who knows who will ultimately be the initial starter at Philadelphia though?  A lot can happen between now and the first game. 

Eagles take Carson Wentz at No. 2, say Sam Bradford is 'guy we want leading this charge'

Edited by Macca