NFL

Dappa Dan

Thanks Cowboy. You are probably right on Austin, but I reckon Allen might still be there. The injury concerns and those forty times will probably drop him. Great hands though.

I know it's probably too much to ask, but any College football fans as well? I really love the traditions and all the buzz around the games. Even my wife enjoys the college game, but not so much the NFL lol Go you Georgia Dawgs lol. Just quietly I think my wife just likes the fact that the dawgs are red and black just like a certain AFL team she loves and because of Georgia's live mascot Uga the bulldog who she calls cute. She calls me cute as well so I'm starting to worry about what she actually means...I think I am still dashing and handsome, but perhaps she thinks of me as ugly and interesting... Yep I know oversharing lol

I know it's probably too much to ask, but any College football fans as well? I really love the traditions and all the buzz around the games. Even my wife enjoys the college game, but not so much the NFL lol Go you Georgia Dawgs lol. Just quietly I think my wife just likes the fact that the dawgs are red and black just like a certain AFL team she loves and because of Georgia's live mascot Uga the bulldog who she calls cute. She calls me cute as well so I'm starting to worry about what she actually means...I think I am still dashing and handsome, but perhaps she thinks of me as ugly and interesting... Yep I know oversharing lol

Occasionally will look at the games Strafford. Usually just the bowls but not with any great interest. If they had a proper finals system I may get more interested. I follow the NHL and the NBA so in the end, there is literally no time left ! When there is a good seeding match-up I'll tune in but not avidly.

Got a mate who follows it closely ... I have no idea how he finds the time as he also is a Hoops, Hockey and Baseball freak.

The Bengals haven't been too far away in the last 2 seasons from progressing further in the playoffs and winning your Division. Tough, tough division you're in though. Bit like a few other divisions ... the NFC West, the NFC North and the NFC East are other tough divisions.

Many on here follow teams in the NFC so it's good to have a few more here from the AFC. Although KC, Denver, the Jets and a sprinkling of others are well supported.

It's usually fairly 'friendly' on this thread although there's been the odd 'moment'. We're all Demons so things never get out of hand. I don't mind other teams doing well for fellow supporters. We all need a bit of sporting joy!

There's some knowledgeable fans on the thread. I tend to post in an 'overview' way ... leave the intricate stuff alone most of the time!

Welcome aboard

Edited by Macca
  • Like 1

Thanks Macca. Sounds like your friend never sleeps. Never really been into the NHL and I lost interest in the NBA after my Australian team folded a number of years ago...I still can't even say their name ...sob. So for me it's just AFL , American football and the EPL which pretty much fills out the year.

Yep AFC North is tough, but my hope is that the ageing Ravens and Steelers fall off the cliff, but I thought that about the Ravens last season lol. The Bengals still have a few holes and must improve in a few areas before we are really contenders. Which is why probably losing Smith is so annoying as it limits our options.

It is also interesting to notice what sustained failure can do to fanbases. The similarities between Demon and Bengals fans is uncanny. The main Bengals forum , the day before our playoff game against the Texans, started a fairly popular thread on what is your worst memory as a Bengal...I mean come on lol

• Like 1

Thanks Macca. Sounds like your friend never sleeps. Never really been into the NHL and I lost interest in the NBA after my Australian team folded a number of years ago...I still can't even say their name ...sob. So for me it's just AFL , American football and the EPL which pretty much fills out the year.

Yep AFC North is tough, but my hope is that the ageing Ravens and Steelers fall off the cliff, but I thought that about the Ravens last season lol. The Bengals still have a few holes and must improve in a few areas before we are really contenders. Which is why probably losing Smith is so annoying as it limits our options.

It is also interesting to notice what sustained failure can do to fanbases. The similarities between Demon and Bengals fans is uncanny. The main Bengals forum , the day before our playoff game against the Texans, started a fairly popular thread on what is your worst memory as a Bengal...I mean come on lol

Ha! On the Packers fan site they are constantly into McCarthy - and no one seems to mind. Winning a Super Bowl doesn't win you that many brownie points I'm afraid. The thinking is a lot different over there of course. It's win or it's cya later - I like that way of thinking. Keeps everyone on edge and besides, comfort zones are for losers. For the life of me, I don't understand why a player or a coach needs 'security' in order to do well. My thinking is the opposite and always will be.

The Ravens have lost a few and picked up a few but it's hard to see them dropping off anyway. If Big Ben stays fit the Steelers can beat anyone. Not sure about Cleveland but there was talk they might improve. It ain't gonna be easy for Cinci whichever way you look at it. Think you'll be thereabouts though.

The actual schedule comes out in a day or so but if you go to this site (2013 NFL Football Schedules ) and click on your team, you'll get to see all the teams that you play (home and away). The NFC North schedule is tough and everything is going to boil down to how the teams perform within the Division. I noticed that the all the AFC North teams play all the teams from the NFC North this upcoming season.

My Packers have to visit your blokes at some stage. ^_^

Edited by Macca
  • Like 1

Funnily enough we actually won the North as recently as 09, were one and done..again, and then went 4-12 the next season ouch. The other time we won the North under Lewis in 05, first play in the playoffs Palmer goes down with a knee, as did one of our best receivers after completing the reception. How is that for bad luck. Palmer was never really the same after that.

Should be fun against your guys. Our pass rush is good, but our pass coverage is a bit suss. What is your offensive line like? Unfortunately Andy is more Alex Smith than a gunslinger like your bloke, but we do have some good young wideouts and Gresh does have his good days so we could click, especially if our line can open a few holes for our backs whomever they might be. I just can't wait for season to be honest. Tougher schedule and all.

Funnily enough we actually won the North as recently as 09, were one and done..again, and then went 4-12 the next season ouch. The other time we won the North under Lewis in 05, first play in the playoffs Palmer goes down with a knee, as did one of our best receivers after completing the reception. How is that for bad luck. Palmer was never really the same after that.

Should be fun against your guys. Our pass rush is good, but our pass coverage is a bit suss. What is your offensive line like? Unfortunately Andy is more Alex Smith than a gunslinger like your bloke, but we do have some good young wideouts and Gresh does have his good days so we could click, especially if our line can open a few holes for our backs whomever they might be. I just can't wait for season to be honest. Tougher schedule and all.

Hopefully a damn side better this season! Rodgers was sacked 51 times last year! Though he does 'take' a lot of sacks. Frightens the hell out of me though. Obviously the strength of the Packers is Aaron and to lesser extent our WR's. Jennings will be missed though he missed a number of games last year. He's gone off to join 'cfh's blokes. Good luck to him though - he served Green Bay very well.

McCarthy is trying to address our defensive deficiencies but there's still a ways to go. It's our achilles' heel but our defence does stand up on occasions. Often in some big games. But overall, it's a weakness.

Dalton is still quite young at 25 and his passer rating isn't too bad at all. He got sacked 46 times though. Often that stat needs greater analysis but Brees, Brady and both Manning brothers get well protected. Eli sat at only 19 sacks last season.

• Like 1

Hopefully a damn side better this season! Rodgers was sacked 51 times last year! Though he does 'take' a lot of sacks. Frightens the hell out of me though. Obviously the strength of the Packers is Aaron and to lesser extent our WR's. Jennings will be missed though he missed a number of games last year. He's gone off to join 'cfh's blokes. Good luck to him though - he served Green Bay very well.

McCarthy is trying to address our defensive deficiencies but there's still a ways to go. It's our achilles' heel but our defence does stand up on occasions. Often in some big games. But overall, it's a weakness.

Dalton is still quite young at 25 and his passer rating isn't too bad at all. He got sacked 46 times though. Often that stat needs greater analysis but Brees, Brady and both Manning brothers get well protected. Eli sat at only 19 sacks last season.

We did have few problems at centre due to injuries,but many of the sacks were just down to Andy not getting the ball out ontime. He's not very mobile, but I do think he can get better. AJ is just awesome. Which is why our decision not to target him in the first half of our playoff game is just baffling.

Things not looking good with negotiations with Harrison, so linebacker could be back on the table with an early pick. Anything going on with your negotiations with Aaron and Clay Macca?

Things not looking good with negotiations with Harrison, so linebacker could be back on the table with an early pick. Anything going on with your negotiations with Aaron and Clay Macca?

Shouldn't be too far away ...

• Like 1

I could just imagine what our DC Zimmer, who I think is one of the best in the business, could do with him. Wow bloody pipedreams lol. Just signed for a fortune with the Pack.

Just a couple of podcasts and a site on the draft if anyone is interested and apologies to those who already know about them.

NFL Draft Tracker produced by NFL.com which features an ex NFL scout and The Draft Show produced by the Cowboys also with an ex scout are interesting and both are free on Itunes. The ex Cowboy scout is always ripping on Jerry Jones which is a bit funny. Although the podcast is Boys focused it does actually cover a number of the main guys. Especially good if your team is after an Offensive lineman, defensive tackle, safety or running back.

Draftbreakdown.com is a good site to look at clips of the prospects. All neatly categorised by position.

Hopefully one of these is useful to you guys.

I can't believe our board didn't tell the AFL about dank...... Oh sorry wrong sport.

Vikings are at Detroit then at Chicago in the first two weeks. Two away division games to start off and both the bears and lions may bounce back to have good seasons. Round 4 we go to London. Why the NFL continue with this is beyond me. Just send tebow there for some publicity.

• Like 2

I can't believe our board didn't tell the AFL about dank...... Oh sorry wrong sport.

Vikings are at Detroit then at Chicago in the first two weeks. Two away division games to start off and both the bears and lions may bounce back to have good seasons. Round 4 we go to London. Why the NFL continue with this is beyond me. Just send tebow there for some publicity.

I think I may hide in here for a bit...bad timing to have a bit of time on my hands. Fortunately that ends next week lol Not sure I would have said that a month or so ago. You guys need to post in here more..darn you lol

My lot play your guys late at PBS I think and Maccas Pack early. Nasty little stretch in the middle of four out of five games on the road. Whodey!

I think I may hide in here for a bit...bad timing to have a bit of time on my hands. Fortunately that ends next week lol Not sure I would have said that a month or so ago. You guys need to post in here more..darn you lol

My lot play your guys late at PBS I think and Maccas Pack early. Nasty little stretch in the middle of four out of five games on the road. Whodey!

Myself and plenty of others generally hide in here for most of the year. It's peaceful and informative. NFC north is a [censored] of a division and my vikings could either come out on top or flop to the bottom. Chicago were on fire early in the year and fell away and the lions struggled all year but had an impressive 2011 and with megatron they could do a lot of damage. Those packers are always good.

It will be good to watch the Bengals this year. I haven't seen a lot of their play apart from the playoffs. Can your boys take the next step and go deep in the playoffs?

• Like 1

I thought he was coming to the Dees.

Week 3 hey. Could be a 'Season Definer' !

Clay would look good in a rams shirt........just saying

He's a goodin' when on song

... Interesting schedule for a lot of teams

If we go on last year's form, SNF leads the way with every game in theory being a top match-up.

MNF is again strong with only 2 or 3 games that you wouldn't call 'Big' games.

Thursday Night Football has a better line-up of games than last year with only about 5 or 6 games out of the 16 games in total being 'Non' blockbusters.

Tough schedules for a lot of teams but if your team is good enough within your division, you'll make the playoffs. The beauty of divisions is that the other 3 teams have it just as tough.

On the surface of it, the NFC looks the stronger conference again. If the Saints can rediscover their mojo then the NFC South could be a division to watch.

2013 Regular Season (when visiting this site, click on any team for that team's schedule)

Edited by Macca
  • Like 1

One of Thursday night games you may be referring go, Macca, could be KC at Philadelphia. More importantly, it's Andy Reid's return to Philly, so there's a bit of a storyline there, even though its not a true blockbuster.

NFL season can't come quick enough.

• Like 2

One of Thursday night games you may be referring go, Macca, could be KC at Philadelphia. More importantly, it's Andy Reid's return to Philly, so there's a bit of a storyline there, even though its not a true blockbuster.

I had that one down as a reasonable match-up. I expect both teams to improve and as you said, the Andy Reid return to Philadelphia will provide plenty of spice. Michael Vick vs Alex Smith is another reason to tune in.

I like the Thursday night games ... too long between drinks otherwise and usually save the game for latish Friday night (our time) Gives us a chance to have a look at some the other teams in detail as well.

• Like 2

Myself and plenty of others generally hide in here for most of the year. It's peaceful and informative. NFC north is a [censored] of a division and my vikings could either come out on top or flop to the bottom. Chicago were on fire early in the year and fell away and the lions struggled all year but had an impressive 2011 and with megatron they could do a lot of damage. Those packers are always good.

It will be good to watch the Bengals this year. I haven't seen a lot of their play apart from the playoffs. Can your boys take the next step and go deep in the playoffs?

It's my own fault. I shouldn't get sucked into the main board lol

What is about the North. Two tough divisions. Your success probably depends on Ponder improving, although if our ex guy Simpson is your number 2 you could be in trouble. He has all the physical tools, but he isn't real bright. Hopefully you can get a wideout in the draft who can start straight away. Perhaps even one of the tightends. Rudolph who I think is a gun paired with one of the top TE prospects could work beautifully. Both in the pass and run.

We have a young team, so hopefully we will improve just through players having had a bit of experience. We have looked awful in the playoffs, so hopefully we can get over that mental hump. A lot of hope there. If we come out and suck this season, I may take up crochet, sport will have become too hard lol

It will also be really interesting to see how the Eagles play under Kelly. The Ducks were really fun to watch, but it is unlikely they will play exactly like that in the Big Boy league.

It will also be really interesting to see how the Eagles play under Kelly. The Ducks were really fun to watch, but it is unlikely they will play exactly like that in the Big Boy league.

Read a article on the NFL site that the eagles had training and it was a fast paced offence. It will be interesting to see but it's all on Vick to see if he can keep up the pace and not get banged around too much.

Your spot on with our wide outs. Simpson had a horrible year and loves to drop passes on 3rd downs. It's hard to tell about Ponder. He has a bit of Alex Smith about him. Ponder hasn't got the strongest arm but is accurate over a short distance. AP sets up all our offence. If he can run like the god he is then Ponder can play action and go to Rudolph every time. That was our red zone offence all year. Our secondary is pretty poor and losing Winfield to Seattle will hurt in the short term. If the vikings fade away this year then I'm with you that sport is ruining my life.

Yep Vick's health is a concern.

Simpson's main problems for us were lining up in the wrong spots and route running, the drops were generally a consequence of that.

The weed probably didn't help lol.

Our QB Dalton probably has a few of the same problems your guy has. He also doesn't have the strongest arm. We though, don't have AP. The reality is we can't use AJ Green to full advantage. We really need guys like Sanu and Jones to step up and build on the promise they have already shown to stop the double and triple teaming of AJ. Sanu is very similar to Keenan Allen, not quick, but big and physical with great hands, although Allen is probably the more accomplished route runner.

Winfield was certainly a loss, but probably doesn't have long left. How are Seattle affording all these players? Surely they are going to have some salary cap problems soon?

Yep Vick's health is a concern.

Simpson's main problems for us were lining up in the wrong spots and route running, the drops were generally a consequence of that.

The weed probably didn't help lol.

Our QB Dalton probably has a few of the same problems your guy has. He also doesn't have the strongest arm. We though, don't have AP. The reality is we can't use AJ Green to full advantage. We really need guys like Sanu and Jones to step up and build on the promise they have already shown to stop the double and triple teaming of AJ. Sanu is very similar to Keenan Allen, not quick, but big and physical with great hands, although Allen is probably the more accomplished route runner.

Winfield was certainly a loss, but probably doesn't have long left. How are Seattle affording all these players? Surely they are going to have some salary cap problems soon?

Seattle can count themselves lucky that their starting QB was a cheap rookie. I'd imagine Winfield is on peanuts as it's probably his last year. A fit and behaved Harvin will only add to their offence.He can return punts for TD's and a screen pass can turn into a long TD. They will be exciting to watch this year. I wonder if they will rack up 50 point wins again?