NFL

Dappa Dan

On 3/2/2017 at 1:55 PM, Gorgoroth said:

AP gone from the Vikes!

It's difficult to know what is going on ... he's a free agent and the Raiders are interested but the Vikes may want to keep him.

I'd love him at the Packers even if it was just for a year or so.  Doubt he'd end up at Green Bay though.

2 hours ago, Macca said:

It's difficult to know what is going on ... he's a free agent and the Raiders are interested but the Vikes may want to keep him.

I'd love him at the Packers even if it was just for a year or so.  Doubt he'd end up at Green Bay though.

Not if he wants to go back to the Vikes post career ?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Gorgoroth said:

Not if he wants to go back to the Vikes post career ?

Yeah, good point Gorgo ... moving to a team within a division is often frowned upon but he is 32. 

Regardless, AP will probably end up in the AFC if he moves.   As always, money talks and at his age he has to take on a good offer if it comes his way.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Eddie Lacy off to Seattle ... rumour is LeGarrette Blount might be heading to Green Bay.

AP still hasn't been snapped up but they reckon his price might be too high. 

Without seeing too much of him from all reports atlanta are wrapt with the Poe signing... Think the superbowl broke me, don't have the usually enthusiasm.. Maybe more focused on round 1 next weekend aswell

• 2 weeks later...

Raiders heading to Vegas ... 2019, maybe 2020.

Some are saying they should just go now ... interesting to see how their fans will react.  It's a different culture over there so who knows?

On 29 March 2017 at 8:56 PM, Macca said:

Raiders heading to Vegas ... 2019, maybe 2020.

Some are saying they should just go now ... interesting to see how their fans will react.  It's a different culture over there so who knows?

Such a shame, they need to stay in Oakland, I'll always associate the raiders with Oakland.

Vegas is a strange choice, very interested to see how it works there.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Gorgoroth said:

Romo retires!

A big media gig awaits (CBS)  I was thinking he might have landed in Houston ... seemed an ideal fit.

Anyway, he was a more than decent QB who, with an ounce of luck, could have had a fair bit more success - when he finally started to hit his straps, injuries intervened. 

Edited by Macca

11 hours ago, Macca said:

A big media gig awaits (CBS)  I was thinking he might have landed in Houston ... seemed an ideal fit.

Anyway, he was a more than decent QB who, with an ounce of luck, could have had a fair bit more success - when he finally started to hit his straps, injuries intervened. 

I'm surprised. I thought he would continue with another team.  

Same as you I thought the Texans would be a good fit.

Bit surprised about Romo calling it a day but when you think the run of injuries his had the past few seasons & at his age, would it really all worth it to up his family etc & move to another city for a season or 2.. He can retire a cowboy.

Built up the courage to watch the Superbowl replay during the week. Still don't know how we lost but it's actually given me some closure haha. Can start looking forward to the season ahead

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, JV7 said:

Bit surprised about Romo calling it a day but when you think the run of injuries his had the past few seasons & at his age, would it really all worth it to up his family etc & move to another city for a season or 2.. He can retire a cowboy.

Built up the courage to watch the Superbowl replay during the week. Still don't know how we lost but it's actually given me some closure haha. Can start looking forward to the season ahead

For those who are interested in watching the replay, here's the edited highlights with the various players & coaches mic'd up ... the link can't be embedded so you'll have to clink on the link & watch on youtube ... 2 months later and I'm still 40/60 on Atlanta blowing it vs the great comeback by New England.

Super Bowl LI - Patriots vs Falcons ... NFL Films

45 minutes ago, Macca said:

For those who are interested in watching the replay, here's the edited highlights with the various players & coaches mic'd up ... the link can't be embedded so you'll have to clink on the link & watch on youtube ... 2 months later and I'm still 40/60 on Atlanta blowing it vs the great comeback by New England.

Super Bowl LI - Patriots vs Falcons ... NFL Films

Having watched it again I do sort of agree that it was more New england the comeback then Atlanta blowing it... My most vivid memory is when Alford pick 6'd Brady, I was losing my mind in the kitchen & my mrs wondering what the big deal was, I remember just yelling "he never throws pick 6's!!! We've got them now" only for it all to come crashing down haha!

Edited by JV7
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

1 hour ago, Gorgoroth said:

2017 schedule released, Rams isn't too bad.

Can't complain with the Packers schedule either ... our home games are all winnable. 

We're @ Atlanta in week 2 with other road games at Dallas,  Pittsburgh & Detroit but I relish the games against the good teams.  Helps having Rodgers of course. 

We've got Seattle at home in week 1 - Lacy might have a bit to prove first up for the Seahawks. 

The Falcons are at the Patriots in week 7 (SNF) ... that will be interesting.

Edited by Macca

Ironically. People are tipping us for a fisher year... 8-8

10 hours ago, Macca said:

Can't complain with the Packers schedule either ... our home games are all winnable. 

We're @ Atlanta in week 2 with other road games at Dallas,  Pittsburgh & Detroit but I relish the games against the good teams.  Helps having Rodgers of course. 

We've got Seattle at home in week 1 - Lacy might have a bit to prove first up for the Seahawks. 

The Falcons are at the Patriots in week 7 (SNF) ... that will be interesting.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Macca said:

The Falcons are at the Patriots in week 7 (SNF) ... that willI be interesting.

Will be an interesting match up early & a rematch of the NFCCG... First game in the new Mercedes-Benz Dome. Relatively happy with the Falcons schedule, last year we had the hardest & look how that turned out. I'd be predicting an 11-5 again or 12-4 but who really knows..

It's interesting we finish the season with 4 out of our last 5 as divisonal games, that's pretty tough.. I read somewhere another team has the same, not sure if there's more.. Maybe the NFL is trying to keep later season games from becoming junk if teams seasons are over & keep some divisions alive longer in the season

Edited by JV7
  • Like 1

AP to the Saints ... low salary as well (3.5 mil per year for 2 years) 

He might give them 1 good year, maybe 2.  At 33, he's nearing the end but because he's been great previously, he might have a bit left.  A new team could be just the tonic.

Beast-mode should end up at the Raiders and the same scenario applies - however, Lynch is only 31.  Again, 3.5mil per year is not a lot of money by NFL standards.