Stop this discussion.

Redleg

For Jarka, Tony Melb and a couple of others, the opening paragraph of my post, quoted here, contains the real thrust of my thread.

PS. If I knew how to change the topic heading I would remove the word "discussion" and substitute the word " attack".

PPS. I referred to attacking the club over this issue three times in my post and never said proper discussion should be abolished.

Redleg. I agree with your sentiment about not attacking the club as it is not MFC's fault that we are face with this dilema! Will be accused of tanking regardless! if we only win another game. The MFC can not say anything other than we aim to win all remaining games. In fairness the media has been making the point that this is AFL's making too.

For Jarka, Tony Melb and a couple of others, the opening paragraph of my post, quoted here, contains the real thrust of my thread.

PS. If I knew how to change the topic heading I would remove the word "discussion" and substitute the word " attack".

PPS. I referred to attacking the club over this issue three times in my post and never said proper discussion should be abolished.

Redleg, I agree totally. I too have been really demoralised over some of the ridicuous things that have been posted about the club and about other posters on just about every other thread about this issue.

On the other hand, this thread has been a really good discussion, and much more meaty and substantial and, dammit, intelligent than just about everything that has gone on before. In fact, this thread has been so good that you have actually proved that it can be discussed and disagreed about without going feral and attacking the club and each other. With any luck, this is how it will continue from now, and if this thread has played a part in that, all credit to you.

Oh yeah?

They seem over the moon with the Warlpiri Wizard.

I'm sure they'd love to win more too. Pretty positive that they wouldn't mind the opportunity to play in a Grand Final or even a Premiership.

You're wrong Hightower,the players want wins more than the PP,that's why they want to keep winning at the PP's expense!!!

Liam Jurrah kicked 4 goals and he'll keep trying to kick 4,5,6 every week.

Winning is the highest priority for the players,PERIOD.

Did you see Moloney sing the song? Tell him if he keeps singing the song,we'll lose the PP.

I know what he'd say to you!!! :lol:

Since the Port win on sunday we have many posters going feral and attacking the club. Hopefully we are not going to have seven more weeks of this.

We can assume that the footy department knows what our position is. No amount of attacks on here or on other sites will change what is going to happen. It is not helpful to the players or the club.

Can I suggest a moratorium on the ( list management/tanking ) issue until the end of the season. I am not suggesting we don't discuss possible recruits only the unnecessary attacks on the club.

It is abundantly clear that the whole football world including most on here know the value of PP's and getting the better players in the draft for the future of a club. Everyone agrees that Tom Scully will be a wonderful footballer and is the standout at the moment. Lets sit back and see if he becomes a Demon or goes elsewhere. Attacking the club will not change that one bit.

My last comment on the issue until season end is this " I will personally be devastated if we don't secure pick 1 in the draft and another inside the first 4".

This is democracy at its best. The people are telling their truths. We pay the clubs way directly & indirectly by attending games & helping create the atmosphere that attracts television. If the supporters are unhappy about things & dissatisfied with what we've got from the past, the game will just have to cop it.

Redleg..understand your sentiments mate, but the club has to also realise its there on our behlaf and I cant imagine there'd be that many happy campers if we threw away such an opportunity as will present itself come seasons end.

They have to know this..and they have to KNOW this without any misunderstanding.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.