We need to beat Richmond twice

btdemon

Having played with the Bailey ladder calculator for some time I think we will need to Beat the tigers tomorrow and at the end of the season to make the final eight. That is also assuming we beat teams we should beat, like Port and GCS. Otherwise, we would have to win some unexpected games like Geelong, Carlton or Hawthorn to do it. I just don't have that sort of confidence yet. We run into Hawthorn, Geelong, Carlton and Westcoast in that order from round 18-21. I can see us stalling at this point and confidence being tested. If we can hang on to make the finals it will set us up well for next year. I certainly wouldn't expect to go much beyond the first week.

We and the Tigers may be playing for that last spot in round 22 assuming we beat GCS and Port in the last two rounds. Port at home will also present a challenge.

Yeah i had a look at the fixture as well and saw that horror run, if we manage to keep a good team out on the park the only game i could see us winning is V WC but it's at Etihad so that could be the killer blow.

FWIW i don't think either us or the Tigers will make the 8 this year, if fact i can see us finishing the dreaded 9th (which i'll actually be happy enough with).

Edited by Pates