Something about Jurrah that I never expected

Yze_Magic

Agreed my mate is a [censored]. However i'd say loyalty to your family takes precedence over loyalty to Carlton.

Another rule is you don't make your own nickname. Although Jurrah is proud of his people so everybody accepts his self proclaimed nickname.

Moral of the story when Jurrah is involved all rules are out the window. Including the laws of Gravity.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I might incriminate myself!

To be honest, since Liam's drafting by the MFC, I'd consider giving up the Pies and completely jumping on board the Demons, if not for the fact that I have never trusted anyone who changes teams. I'm always very suss about anyone who switches allegiances. It's a serious character flaw imo. It's a sign of weakness, shallowness lack of character. Therefore, I have compromised by making the Demons my second team, something which would have been unthinkable before this year. I realise that most of you on Demonland will consider that to be a [censored] weak excuse, but I figure it's best to be up front about my allegiances. One thing you need to know however, is that for each and every game that Liam plays, my passion and support for the Demons grows ever stronger. Go Liam and go Dees!

Good to hear you'll be sticking with the Pies Rudeboy. I would be disappointed if you did the unforgiveable. Liam won't be playing for Melbourne forever, (just 12 years and 200 plus games). But also happy to hear you've taken the Dees on as your second team. We can use all the support we can get.

Stuff the pies RudeBoy jump on board the Demons there is plenty of room.

Good mate of mine was a Carlton man then his brother got drafted by the roos and he jumped on board. No-one questioned his character. His brother was delisted without playing a game and he is still to this day a Roos member.

The heart wants what the heart wants.

I saw Wilbur Wilde on the Marngrook Footy Show the other week talk about how he changed teams. He was a Geelong supporter until his brother Chris Aitken, was recruited by Melbourne. Chris played 14 games for Melbourne and ever since Wilbur has been a Demon. But he was also only 11 years old at the time.

When I was a boy I asked my mum who she would barrack for if I was recruited by Collingwood. She said I would be on my own.

Simple rule, nobody should ever change teams................except for wives, ahem.

i said he was a precocious talent -that acknowledges his exceptional development.i just think we are wrong to pump a guy up who still needs to be aided at press conferences.

our football department call him the Cougar etc when they should be keeping the lid on.Blind freddy can see he can play i am sure however geelong or hawthorn would have deflected media attention away from him, especially with his background.he is not as far forward as the three i mentioned at similar ages- NOT games.

we have had our share of gun indigenous boys we could not control Farmer,Charles etc.The fact that most of you believe he may equal Riewoldt,Franklin or Brown reaffirms my point,they are elite,freaks of endurance and strength .what if he does not reach there levels or gets nowhere near them?,there will be no shame in that .do you all realise the exceptional players they are.Flash counts for little,there is so much work for him to do.look at brennan

His mentor is davey ,people will have a go at me but his career has plateaued,depite stats.he was a menace when he started,he no longer is.

we have not been down that long,not like Richmond,not like Chris Connolly.lets not create a culture of desperate hope .we need to reign ourselves in

The reason Davey has less 'menace' about him is that he is playing mostly in the middle and behind the centre. He is also attracting the number one tagger from every opposition side. Davey is also assuming a much more disciplined role in the team. He is playing that 'quarter-back' (please forgive this horrible Americanism) role and sees himself as a leader. I really admire this but miss the free-spirited opportunist forward that excited us so much. He may have lost some of his pace as he has built up his endurance. This can happen. He is still capable of sublime brilliance and still our most gifted and creative player besides Jurrah. I'd even put him ahead of Grimes and Morton at this stage. They may surpass him one day, but he has been the one quality player we have had in the past two dark years. Watts, Blease etc. may be great but that remains to be seen. I still love Davey and what he brings to the team. What is sad, is by the time we are a premiership threat, Davey will be 28-30 and may miss out on being part of it.

My eldest Brother was on the Hawks senior list for 3 years and was asked to be on Don Scott's ticket in his failed Board challenge of a few years back.

I hate the pricks.

And your mate is a [censored]. Never change teams.

Is your brother a Hawk now?

He loved the Dees. His favourite player was Greg Parke.

I remember hearing Dermott Brereton talk about playing against the team he barracked for as a kid. He was a big Pies fan. He said it only takes one game against the team you supported as a kid to hate that team.

But then again, hating Collingwood is easy.

He hated them so much he later played for them.

I honestly believe once players start playing AFL they care little about individual teams - unless there is added incentive to dislike them (losing a Grand Final being one of the few precursors).