30 years of supporting

demonwithin

Thanks to all that have replied as it makes me understand that my pain is shared by many :rolleyes:

Sun came up today but the feeling is still as strong as yesterday. I have read with great interest the varying degrees of reaction to yesterday and may I congratulate all those that have a tried to remain positive I salute your attitude. Sorry I cant share it with you at the moment.

Before I finish the pain with round one and look forward to redemption in round two can I make comment about the players response today

1. - Can we please have players who deserve the opportunity to speak ie the ones who have a red hot go , Jonesy, Macca etc and not Russell Robertson !!!!

2. - Robbo I will give you the benefit of the doubt because the media beautifully find away of editing what they want people to hear but I wanted to hear more - The skills weren't great and I will grant you that but first things first - ACCOUNTABILITY WHEN WE DONT HAVE THE BALL THAT IS CHASING, MANNING UP, VOICE AND LEADERSHIP, WHEN A FIFTY FIFTY CONTEST DESIRE, PASSION, ENTHUSIASM (from the first bounce), HEAD OVER THE BALL and LEADERSHIP.

Two buzz words ACCOUNTABILITY AND LEADERSHIP AND WE DONT HAVE EITHER.

Thats it. No more from me about yesterday and bring on the doggies on this week.

Mate so well put... ACCOUNTABILITY AND LEADERSHIP. Two things we always seem to lack at this once great club. I can not think of one player who showed that on Sunday. No sheperding at all, I recall on 3 occasions Green running next to one of our players who had the ball calling for a hand off instead of looking to sheperd for the player with the ball. The ball carrier turned it over each time as they were either tackled or put under pressure by the pack of chasing hawkers.

Terrible signs in the qtr time huddle as well. When the head coaches were delivering there speeches, the hawks were in close and tight as one, as a team. The dees were spread out not wanting to be near each other even that looked so poor from us. So frustrating yet we have to do it all again for the next 21 weeks. Lets hope by the half way point a few of the younger ones are stepping up, and showing the supporters they have got the heart and desire the senior group clearly do not!!!!

I'm flying out to live in eurpe in early May so will miss the majority of the season brothers and sisters but I hope you all stay strong and keep the support going as the club needs us now more than ever!

I want to be able to watch the Demons and know that we will get 100% out of every player.. that they will be unselfish and do the team orientated efforts!!

we do not have to have champions - we need a champion team and this starts with the leadership group.... they need to impose themselves more, do the inspirational 1%'ers, put their body over the ball, chase and man up, etc, etc...

i could go on for ages but seriously, who am I kidding... they have not done it before, so why start now?? a new coach???

I will be there this week......

Back at the G again today I am sure I was taken back six days because not a lot changed. Lets look at the positives and negatives from today

Positives

1. Cale Morton - Could be anything - I hope we can keep him

2. Clint Bartram - Great to see him out there and playing well

3. Nathan Carroll - Tried his guts out I just wish some of your teammates followed

4. Paul Johnson - Even though he missed a sitter in the first quarter he kept trying - thats all we ask

5. Nathan Jones - not so much his game but the fact he stood up for a team mate at half time when Aker had a cheap shot. Rest of them (except for Chopper) just wanted to bow their heads and walk off

6. Only twenty games to go not twenty two

Negatives

1. James Macdonald 200th - The effort put in by his teammates says it all about where we are at

2. Brock Mclean - Unforunately not player we thought he was. Too slow and gets caught all the time

3. Brad Green - Cheap possessions and again no accountabilty put him forward and leave him there

4. Colin Garland - Not to move towards the ball in a marking contest once is bad enough but to do it twice in the same contest 5 seconds apart is a reflection of his efforts - not good enough

5. Issac Weetra - Not up to it

6. Brad Miller - Drop him will never be player

7. Jace Bode - Not up to it

8. Simon Buckley - looks a million bucks but disposal and decision making terrible

9. Lynden Dunn - Rapt to see him in the side this week but boy oh boy what a shocker

10. Skills - Non existent

11. Pressure - Non existent

12. Accountability - Non existent

13. Pride - Non existent

14. 20 more weeks of this slop* to go (* slop borrowed from best reviewer on the net demonblog.com)

Next week side in my opinion but I know it wont be

In - Rivers, Holland, Martin, Maric, Whelan, Moloney, Bate

Out - Weetra, Garland, Green, Robertson, Bode, Miller, Davey

Whelan Martin Carroll

Bartram Rivers Bell

Morton Moloney Buckley

Bate Sylvia Bruce

Maric Neitz Johnson

White McDonald Jones

Holland Mclean Dunn Wheatley

Cant be bother talking anymore about today

What does next week have in store for us