Daniel Merrett

Fat Tony

I'd be disappointed if we didn't try and get him to plug a gap for a couple of years at the right price.

At this time of year you have highlighted the rather large problem

- try and get him him

- at the right price

How do we go from Mahoney saying " we're confident that trade will happen " to being disinterested? Money? Brisbane's demands? I can't see any reasons why we wouldn't want a guy like Merrett, so if we've lost interest something has clearly gone very wrong.

I mean, we're taking types like Garlett and Lamumba, renowned for their off field antics. Has a better player come into the equation that we're putting our energy into?

It just flies in the face of everything Roos said over the last half of the season. We don't seem to be doing anything despite his ruminations of drastically cleaning up this list.

Edited by Lamashtu

How do we go from Mahoney saying " we're confident that trade will happen " to being disinterested? [Money? Brisbane's demands? I can't see any reasons why we wouldn't want a guy like Merrett, so if we've lost interest something has clearly gone very wrong.

I mean, we're taking types like Garlett and Lamumba, renowned for their off field antics. Has a better player come into the equation that we're putting our energy into?

It just flies in the face of everything Roos said over the last half of the season. We don't seem to be doing anything despite his ruminations of drastically cleaning up this list.

Did Mahoney say that? When?

I don't remember that.

I thought he said that about Lumumba.

It's probably because Frost wants to come to us and one key back is all we have targeted.

I don't think so. It sounds like we've been into Frost a while and probably handshook on it prior to trade period. Merrett seems like a slightly newer proposition. I'd say something else has entered the fray. Further, I think the fact we were ever interested in Merrett discounts the unlikely possibility we offered Cameron a contract.