NHL

Good Times Grimes

I'm sorry. I fully respect how good he is. By far the most skilled player in the game. He just tends to be a bit of a favourite with the refs. Similar to one C Judd.

No probs, I just get sick of the bleating about his injuries being faked and the endless whining about how good he actually is.....

As for the refs, you're probably right but given my team allegiances that, if true(!!) doesn't bother me so much!!!

No probs, I just get sick of the bleating about his injuries being faked and the endless whining about how good he actually is.....

As for the refs, you're probably right but given my team allegiances that, if true(!!) doesn't bother me so much!!!

I feel bad for him because he is targeted by opposition players all the time, and the number of concussions he has received has had a huge impact on his (still young) career. He is by far the greatest talent going around the NHL, and I love him when the Olympics comes around and he's on my team. He just tends to always (IMO) berate the refs and ask them for penalties that aren't there.

I agree that it wouldn't bother me if he were on my team, so hopefully his concussion problems are behind him and he gets traded to the Leafs in the offseason (one can dream...)

I agree that it wouldn't bother me if he were on my team, so hopefully his concussion problems are behind him and he gets traded to the Leafs in the offseason (one can dream...)

OK, for starters, hands off Sid ;) .......

Secondly a lot of his concussion problems seem to have stemmed from a crack in his neck that went staggeringly undiagnosed for months.

Hopefully with that being healed now we can see him back to his best, next year might be pretty good to be a Penguin!!!

Loving what I have seen so far, was hoping the Pens got up but the Flyers hit them hard and Giroux was huge. I lived in Colorado for a couple of years and was there when they won the cup with Sakic, Roy etc but don't really have a team but think this is the best hockey I have seen.

Quick question that has always stumped me, espcially with the concussion issues of late, but why so they wear what are seamingly such flimsy hats? They have some huge guys (Canucks have 2 guys on there roster under 6ft, the Rangers have 3 fwds 6ft 5+ including a 6ft 8 guy) skating extremely fast in a confined space on a bloody hard surface yet the hats look like they give no protection at all. Always wondered why.

ps have no idea who will win the finals but bring on more of the great hockey!

Tough luck there 'pantaloons' with those Sharks . Barry Melrose has given St Louis a big rap . The Blues could go all-the-way !

Game 5 , Canucks / LA Kings , Fox 2 today 10am EST .

Vale season 2011-12. Beaten by a better team. Good luck to the rest of you.

OK, for starters, hands off Sid ;) .......

Secondly a lot of his concussion problems seem to have stemmed from a crack in his neck that went staggeringly undiagnosed for months.

Hopefully with that being healed now we can see him back to his best, next year might be pretty good to be a Penguin!!!

That's true, but it won't stop him being targeted by the opposition. The harsh suspensions don't deter some from hitting others illegally because it is the job that their coach sends them out to do. For some of them this is the only trait that keeps them getting games.

It's a shame that such a good end to the regular season was put to waste. The Penguins probably have the best roster in the league, their goaltending just let them down in the playoffs.

I think that everybody's team in this thread is out. That was quick haha!

Yeah , you'll be happy now 'GTG' ! Schadenfreude !

Got a team that you might follow from here on in ? Don't tell us you hate 'em all !

I've jumped on the Bruins but failing that , maybe St Louis .

Edited by Macca

Yeah , you'll be happy now 'GTG' ! Schadenfreude !

Got a team that you might follow from here on in ? Don't tell us you hate 'em all !

I've jumped on the Bruins but failing that , maybe St Louis .

Just as long as Ottawa don't win it I'll be happy. I think I'll follow Los Angeles simply because they upset the Canucks and have an exciting young team.

Bruins came close to losing yesterday. It wouldn't come as a big surprise to see them go back-to-back though. I also don't mind St. Louis because I admire the way that they have rebuilt their team over the last couple of years.

Loving what I have seen so far, was hoping the Pens got up but the Flyers hit them hard and Giroux was huge. I lived in Colorado for a couple of years and was there when they won the cup with Sakic, Roy etc but don't really have a team but think this is the best hockey I have seen.

Quick question that has always stumped me, espcially with the concussion issues of late, but why so they wear what are seamingly such flimsy hats? They have some huge guys (Canucks have 2 guys on there roster under 6ft, the Rangers have 3 fwds 6ft 5+ including a 6ft 8 guy) skating extremely fast in a confined space on a bloody hard surface yet the hats look like they give no protection at all. Always wondered why.

ps have no idea who will win the finals but bring on more of the great hockey!

Haven't got an answer for you there. The helmets are pretty strong, but there will always be concussion issues as it is a contact sport. I think they need to enforce having face shields or at the least visors to prevent facial injuries from stray sticks and pucks. It is a step up on what they had 50 years ago though. Imagine being a goalie and playing without a helmet? Insane!

Check out this image of Taylor Hall. He stepped on a puck during warmup and fell over, slid into his team mate (knocking him over) and got cut on the face by another player's skate who was jumping trying to avoid them.

http://i.thestar.com/images/62/0c/fa9961884d66829095ec95e2ef1e.jpeg

Blackhawks are out. Only 3 first-round series still going: Florida-New Jersey, Ottawa-New York Rangers, Washington-Boston.

Yep , no cigar for Chicago this year .

We're not getting that many games over in Oz . No game today which is a pity . Would have been great to watch a game in the lead up to the traditional Anzac Day clash .

Florida at New Jersey is the only game scheduled today . Florida lead 3 - 2 .

Next game we can watch is on Thursday , Bruins vs Capitals (3-3) . On Fox1 at 9.30am .

Yep , no cigar for Chicago this year .

We're not getting that many games over in Oz . No game today which is a pity . Would have been great to watch a game in the lead up to the traditional Anzac Day clash .

Florida at New Jersey is the only game scheduled today . Florida lead 3 - 2 .

Next game we can watch is on Thursday , Bruins vs Capitals (3-3) . On Fox1 at 9.30am .

Yeah, today's a bit boring. 2 teams that not many people have much of an interest in. I hope Florida gets up solely because they have been bad for so long, their fans deserve some success.

Washington/Boston tomorrow should be a beauty. Go Washington!

Yeah, today's a bit boring. 2 teams that not many people have much of an interest in. I hope Florida gets up solely because they have been bad for so long, their fans deserve some success.

Washington/Boston tomorrow should be a beauty. Go Washington!

I sometimes have a listen to the "Tony Kornheiser show" podcast . His 2 hour radio show is based out of Washington . They're all over the Capitals at the moment .

How was that bar bill the Bruins ran up last year during their celebrations ? 156,000 grand !! Talk about too much expendable income !

Gosh , I just got my 1000th post up , not sure what to make of that !

Edited by Macca

I sometimes have a listen to the "Tony Kornheiser show" podcast . His 2 hour radio show is based out of Washington . They're all over the Capitals at the moment .

How was that bar bill the Bruins ran up last year during their celebrations ? 156,000 grand !! Talk about too much expendable income !

Gosh , I just got my 1000th post up , not sure what to make of that !

It would be great if they could pull off the upset. I don't think their goaltending is good enough to take them much further than the second round though.

Absolutely crazy bill! I would love to have that sort of disposable income...

And the reigning champs have been eliminated! Washington win Game 7 2-1 in OT.

Bruins out !

C'mon St Louis ! (Can't bring myself to say C'mon blues)

• Like 1

NYR have beaten Ottawa 2-1. Very exciting game, and a great result. I'll now be content with any team that wins.

NJ leads Florida 1-0 after the 1st period.

Ottowa out ! You'll be hoppin' into the top shelf over that result Grimesy ! Toronto partying ?

Devils win 3 - 2 and go through to the 2nd round . Wonder if "Puddy" was there with his mates . Oh , hang on , that's just in the tv show . Be funny if he actually was there all "painted up" . Anyways .......the one who started the comedy thread "Cards13" will be happy .

Who matches up with who now ?

Edited by Macca

Blues v kings

Coyotes v predators

Rangers v Capitals

Flyers v devils

A lot of fresh faces. Anyone's game!

Well it's Macca vs 'GTG' in the 1st series . Bring it on !

My mate who's a Penguins fan is on Nashville in the 2nd series (cos they never win anything , apart from Country music awards!)

NY vs Washington should go to 7 . Rangers just .

Devils to get thru ! It's on the "Cards" Not sure if Dappa Dan is all things Philadelphia .

Cheers

Edited by Macca