Jack Jack

I don't know if anyone has noticed, but as soon as the regular season finished there was a quick transition from NJ Nets to the Brooklyn Nets. They've released their new logo which was designed by Jay-Z. Colours are now Black & White. What do you think?

bk_logosheet.jpg

Yeah I like it , I heard that it's a throwback thing . Certainly looks that way .

No real surprises in the hoops , the Spurs are looking good . Patty Mills scored 9 pts (4/5) in their easy win over Utah .

Is Office Space any good? I need something new to watch.

And while we're on a lighter note. Here's a Heat photobomb.

I think Ive watched Chris Bosh pop up about 50 times now, strangely hypnotic!

Grab Office Space on DVD, its a cracking movie from the mind of Mike Judge, who bought us Beavis and Butthead.

Revolves around life in a cubicle in the workplace and the frustrated employee comically reaching boiling point, a classic!

Yeah, I don't mind the new Nets logo. But at the same time it is a little dull.

The Heat are having a stinker, fortunately for them so are the Knicks. Down 29 - 40 with 1:44 left in the first half finished with a 7 - 0 run 36 - 40. Knicks would be kicking themselves.

Office Space sounds good, I'll have to look out for it. Thanks.

Unless you're a mavs fan, Cuban tantrums are great to watch. This one is self-inflicted though. His decision to gut a newly-crowned championship team for the hope that Deron might come as a free agent at the end of this season ended any chance they had this year.

Office space is a cult classic. Vintage Gary Cole.

I like the Brooklyn logo. It's very simple and old school. It looks like its been on the wall on a gym in Brooklyn for 70 years. Their excited claims of 'we're the only NBA team in black and white' is laughable though. The Spurs have sported that look, albeit with a touch of silver/grey for decades and made it their own.

Big game for the Bulls tomorrow in the match of the day.

Lakers/Denver on the tele tomorrow at 12.30 (ESPN) . Finally get a chance to watch a game live and it clashes with our Demons !

There's a game on Sunday as well - Noon (ESPN) . Spurs/Utah . Beauty .

At this early stage it's looking like a probable Oklahoma/Lakers match-up in the West . The Spurs get through surely , but that Clippers/Grizzlies result is anybody's guess .

In the East , Miami are 1 win away from the 2nd round , the Pacers will possibly account for Orlando (minus Dwight Howard) but the other 2 match-ups are a toss up now .

Edited by Macca

Honestly, for such a clever guy, I don't understand why Cuban let Tyson Chandler go. I guess part of this is retrospective now that Chandler has won the Defensive Player of the Year. Now that Dwight has opted in to his final year his hopes of getting him and DWill are pretty slim. I'm not sure even why Dwill would go there as a free agent? What do they have to offer? Dirk is getting old and isn't the power he once was. I think he only just made the All Star list on reputation.

Now that Rose it out I think the Eastern Conference has really opened up for the Celtics. I'm picking a Heat Celtics Conference final and I reckon the Heat would be worried.

Spurs OKC for the Western Conference (although the Lakers have to be a chance). If the spurs get through I think they're a good chance for the championship.

Anyone got a subscription to NBA.tv? I'm thinking about going for it, it's only $70 to watch all the playoffs live or on demand on pc's phone etc.

Honestly, for such a clever guy, I don't understand why Cuban let Tyson Chandler go. I guess part of this is retrospective now that Chandler has won the Defensive Player of the Year. Now that Dwight has opted in to his final year his hopes of getting him and DWill are pretty slim. I'm not sure even why Dwill would go there as a free agent? What do they have to offer? Dirk is getting old and isn't the power he once was. I think he only just made the All Star list on reputation.

Now that Rose it out I think the Eastern Conference has really opened up for the Celtics. I'm picking a Heat Celtics Conference final and I reckon the Heat would be worried.

Spurs OKC for the Western Conference (although the Lakers have to be a chance). If the spurs get through I think they're a good chance for the championship.

Anyone got a subscription to NBA.tv? I'm thinking about going for it, it's only $70 to watch all the playoffs live or on demand on pc's phone etc.

Haven't got that pass , Foxtel incl ESPN will have to do for now . Though they should have more live games on . Fairly sure Foxtel subscribers get most/all of the conference finals and definately all of the Championship games .

Agree on the Heat making it through to the conference finals and would like to see Boston make it but I have a few doubts . If all their name players stand up then they're a real chance .

The Westen conference should see Oklahoma/Spurs get through .

Denver get 1 back on the Lakers . Maybe they're not done yet .

Tomorrows games

Pacers/Magic (2-1)

Grizzlies/Clippers (1-1)

Thunder/Mavs (3-0)

Spurs/Jazz (2-0) ESPN from noon .

Denver get 1 back on the Lakers . Maybe they're not done yet.

I think we're 42-1 in best of 7 series after leading 2-0. The one loss was in the 1969 series against a Boston team that won 11 championships in 13 years. Not to be uppity, but it would take the lightning in a bottle scenario of the greatest performance in Denver history and the worst choke in Laker history for LA to lose this series to an overmatched Nuggets team. The loss does mean that Ron Ron will only miss a maximum of one game in the second round now, which is the bonus from the loss. Personally, I'd have rested our better players for longer yesterday after we threw the game away in ten comical minutes.

Oh, and NBAtv is great. I've pretty much caught every Laker game this season, and can watch the games at my own pace and see them after work or whenever is convenient. I get too nervous watching games live now anyway, so being able to speed through stages of games where we're getting flogged or the opposition is storming back is great. I'll likely make the investment again next season. It's around the $200 mark, and has been well worth it. I ended up choosing it over NHL Gamecenter mainly because you get the playoffs thrown in with NBA League Pass.

Edited by pantaloons

Clippers had a great win yesterday. They're now ahead 2-1. Jack Watts and Billy Crystal would be happy men.

Thunder wrap up their series with a clean sweep over the Mavs. But I heard that Kendrick Perkins left the game injured, haven't heard how bad it is yet.

Chicago was without Noah in their loss to the 76ers. He injured his ankle in the previous game, not sure if he'll be back. The Bulls are now 3-1 down, don't see them being able to come back from this.

Lakers win a close one but they seemed to be in control in the 2nd half . Great defence in the last 5 minutes . Oklahoma awaits (assuming LA get one more win , which seems a formality now)

The Knicks get a win ! Anthony has a night out and Amare scored 20 . Didn't even think Stoudemire would play . The next game is in Miami .

Boston had a big win over Atlanta . Just like the Lakers , Miami and the Sixers (who also won) the Celtics hold a 3-1 advantage . I know it's probably a no-brainer but I can't see any of the Knicks , Hawks , Nuggets or the Bulls having any chance now . Stranger things have happened though . The Bulls did well when Derrick Rose didn't play during the regular season . They need to get a wriggle on though . Atlanta would need to turn things around big time .

Edited by Macca

Another great win by the Clips yesterday. Take a handy 3-1 lead in the series. The Grizzlies are capable of coming back but can they? CP3 is the difference so far.

4 games today, I'd expect at least half of series today to be wrapped up and it would be no surprise if they all were.

4 games today, I'd expect at least half of series today to be wrapped up and it would be no surprise if they all were.

lex_luthor_wrong1.jpg

Edited by Jack Jack

Well the Nuggets won again, back to 3-2 now!

Bulls get one back to force a sixth game, as do the Hawks at home to Celts. Just watching the replay of that game now,

Pierce limping around, the creaky old bones of the Celts will not appreciate an elongated series.

If some of these games goto 7 it will definitely be an advantage to Oaklahoma and San Antonio who had relatively easy

sweeps.

Well the Nuggets won again, back to 3-2 now!

Bulls get one back to force a sixth game, as do the Hawks at home to Celts. Just watching the replay of that game now,

Pierce limping around, the creaky old bones of the Celts will not appreciate an elongated series.

If some of these games goto 7 it will definitely be an advantage to Oaklahoma and San Antonio who had relatively easy

sweeps.

Yep , the Thunder and the Spurs have a chance to rest up - a real plus in this cramped season .

Clippers @ Memphis (3-1) tomorrow as well as the Knicks @ Miami (9am , Espn)

That Staples centre is getting a workout . The Lakers , Clippers and the LA Kings Ice hockey team all play out of the venue . Apparently they just roll out (?) the basketball court out over the ice for NBA and WNBA games (Sparks)

Edited by Macca

Clippers @ Memphis (3-1) tomorrow as well as the Knicks @ Miami (9am , Espn)

That Staples centre is getting a workout . The Lakers , Clippers and the LA Kings Ice hockey team all play out of the venue . Apparently they just roll out (?) the basketball court out over the ice for NBA and WNBA games (Sparks)

Ha, only just noticed a pic of that the other day. This one is taken about 1.30 am after the Clips game on monday getting ready for the Lakers game the next day. It's a clever way of doing things.

As_XDnx_JCMAAb7_VQ.jpg

Ha, only just noticed a pic of that the other day. This one is taken about 1.30 am after the Clips game on monday getting ready for the Lakers game the next day. It's a clever way of doing things.

As_XDnx_JCMAAb7_VQ.jpg

Here's a changeover from the Hoops to the Hockey at the Staples centre . At the end of this short video you can view some other rink/court changeovers .

Edited by Macca

Here's a changeover from the Hoops to the Hockey at the Staples centre . At the end of this short video you can view some other rink/court changeovers .

That's unreal. Looks like it's a fairly common thing by the number of other videos. Makes sense to share I guess.

So any accusations of Lakers or Clippers players 'getting cold feet' in the playoffs will be not necessarily unwarranted?

Haha, yes. And that must also make them cool under pressure?

So any accusations of Lakers or Clippers players 'getting cold feet' in the playoffs will be not necessarily unwarranted?

Haha, yes. And that must also make them cool under pressure?

At the moment both the Lakers and Clippers are "skating on thin ice" . Perhaps they need Kobe and Griffin to "Ice" their next games .

oy vey

NBA.com is reporting Kobe has a stomach illness and has missed shootaround.

James Harden wins Sixth Man of the Year. I think he's hit 1.66 points per shot (or something like that). Pretty incredible.

Edit: Apparently Kobe has a case of gastroenteritis. May play but will surely take the edge of his game.

Edited by Jack Jack

Getting nervous pantaloons?

On a positive note Metta's back for the next game isn't he?

I read somewhere that the Nuggets are one of the leading "fast break" to score teams . Think that's how it's described anyways .

I hope the Lakers get through . And I really do like watching Kobe play - especially when he's on . They play again on Sunday (our time) so hopefully Bryant is firing on all cylinders then .

For similar reasons I'd like the Clippers to get through - Would like to see the Chris Paul and Blake Griffin show continue . Clippers are at home to the Grizzlies tomorrow - 11am ESPN .